1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Just my thoughts

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TVNPryde, 4 Mar 2019.

1. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I just scrolling through my friend list and there are way too many people with only 1 infamy number next to their name. That means that they haven’t been playing in a while and likely quitting. Include the number whose infamy haven’t changed, the number grew a lot. And my list is long as I’ve been playing since global launch.

The game is dying and the people running it are no where to be found. Their greed has been killing this amazing game. It pushes the players away. They suffocated the players with with endless grinding without much progress. They polluted the item pool without releasing the walls blocking progress. They are squeezing every dollar from this game now more than caring for the players they have left. They seem to be hoping for another AM, Bunta, or Banderas to show up instead of regular players.

Anyway, if the devs still care for this game, I hope they do something to keep this game going. Asking everyone to spend excessive amount of money is not the way to go, or even grinding endlessly. Find a way to make the game more skill based game instead of more P2W. I am afraid that even that might be too late but it worth a try to save the game.

Unless the devs already have a date to shutdown this game, please do something, anything, to keep the players you have happy. Be more interactive with your community. Be realistic about the current state of this game.

........Hoping......

2. Musso

Musso New Member

What do we need?
    Just guild war.
    It's a strategy game. But not now.

3. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    What this game need is advertisement. I haven't seen a single ad since global launch, even in their own games.

Musso, Guncaptain809, Nikkie! and 3 others like this.
  4. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

The game started to spiral after the ridiculous way they released the Interceptor and Reaper. In the end I believe the whole idea to use ship pieces for those two ships was a HUGE mistake. It ruined event rewards(which they could have just nerfed those guaranteed legendary pieces a little bit) and made getting those boats leveled up close to impossible for casual players. If they wanted to make them premium ships, then just make the price double or triple the gold to upgrade from regular ships and call them "Premium Ships". They need to bring event rewards back to something that brings progress(powercells and parts) and get rid of ship pieces from events. Ship pieces should just be sold for gold in a ship piece shop at all times.

I didn't renew my VIP last week, and don't plan to. I have been constantly overflowing sugar and I've run out of epic powercells to upgrade weapons. So earning extra gold and sugar isn't as important to me right now since I can't make progress without Epic powercells and VIP has no meaningful impact on getting epic powercells faster.

The saddest thing for the developers is they gave me an offer this past weekend for 3 EPIC ITEMS (Grenade, Carronade and Tesla Shield) for US$29.99. I needed all 3 to make Tier 5's. I would have bought it to support the game, but I only had 1 empty inventory slot and I don't have epic powercells to upgrade anything and make room. So I wasn't going to buy 3700 pearls to buy inventory slots to store 3 epic items, which I might be able to upgrade in 4 months when I save up 120 epic powercells.

Nikkie!, TVNPryde and Earel like this.
  5. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Yea this needs to be done, matchmaking sucks cuz lack of players

6. TVNPryde

It has been discussed that the many paywalls has caused the decline in this game. One has to pay to smash many walls just to progress. The devs were lucky to have a few players like AM, Bunta, and Banderas and they keep forcing everyone else to be like that. They even make AM the poster boy of this game.

I agree that at the current state of this game, it’s not worth spending anymore. The ways the devs turned their back on this community has been insulting. Every time they released an update, they announced it like it’s the greatest thing ever. Behind our backs, they quietly nerfting rewards and returns. It was laughable how cheesy those were. On top of all that, they keep forcing repetitive events down our throats without fixing the things the game needed more.

Nikkie!, BattleRascal and Jillycut like this.
  7. BattleRascal

The most hilarious thing possible is that they NERFEd the "COMMON" loot boxes in the last update. Seriously? So we get 57 less common parts from scrapping the common item every 8 hours. OMG, that is going to break the in-game economy.
    It's like seeing Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates stopping to pick up pennies on the sidewalk.

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Releasing 3 new ships and a half dozen new items should have come with progression buffs just to keep progression constant. I'm baffled at the progression nerfs that came along with the new content and the nerfs continue to come each release as if that will incentivize spending, which it obviously is not doing.

It's clear the product team responsible for monetization of Battle Bay doesn't understand basic economics, particularly as it pertains to mobile gaming, nor does it understand what the players want in the game itself. Without catering to the majority of the player base (not just the whales), the game is dead because whales need F2P food to survive. To keep coming back players have to feel progression to have an incentive to spend, but these massive paywalls are obviously not working for them.

Here's another big indicator: anyone notice the number of NML players using low gear score load outs in events and casual? That's a sign that there's no incentive to level up items and ships, and without that, there is no progression, and without progression, there's no incentive to pay (or watch ads). All these issues were created by Rovio in the past 6 months.

Aether_Zero and TVNPryde like this.
  9. TVNPryde

My thought on progressions is that the devs should reduce the trainings in half the times and sugars by 30% for all global launch items to help new players catch up with veterans. Only keeps new item trainings as is. Same for original ships. The whales will bulldoze through that regardless but there are no such whales anymore. The devs kept thinking that everything they built should worth an arm and a leg.

If this game doesn’t has any improvement in the next update, I think my time here will likely ends. I am at the point where I am tired of waiting for almost 5 minutes for a ranked battle just to find that it is incredibly unbalanced. They need to do something to a mode that helps pay their salaries since the beginning of this game.

10. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I think that rovio has been making the game p2w on purpose because they are trying to kill it. BB wasn't the massive success that they hoped for (and needed!), so they put the devs on different games that are still making money (that supposedly upcoming "angry birds legends" game anyone?), and thought that they might as well bleed the remaining playerbase for money while they can.

BattleRascal and TVNPryde like this.
  11. BattleRascal

Whats weird is that their actions have actually had the opposite effect. The revenues are dropping every quarter because they have run out of Whales. Why at this point would a new player drop thousands on this game, when Rovio basically has put the game development on skeleton crew?
    I still hold on to a glimmer of hope that the game can be fixed. Primarily the game economy needs to be opened up to small and medium spenders. It may be too late for this, because the player base has shrank so significantly.
    But here is the path I see out of this:
    1. Stop releasing updates bringing new items that cost thousands of dollars to level up.
    2. Focus next couple updates on a new map and quality of life improvements.
    3. Adjust the in game economy to allow rares and epics to be upgraded for cheaper prices without all the roadblocks to progression.(powercells, sugar caps, limited epic parts).
    4. Make legendary items slightly more accessible to entice medium spenders to spend money.
    5. Create a new tier of weapon higher than legendary that is mega expensive and basically can only be bought by whales(such as how legendary weapons used to be).
    6. Raise captain levels to 75 or 100 (the psychological feeling of being a maxed out level 50 makes people more likely to quit since they have gone as far as the game will let them).
    7. The increased cash flow from the micro transactions should now allow Rovio to spend more on advertising the game.
    8. More advertising, means more players.
    9. In order to hold onto those players, the improvements made on items 1,2,3,4 should give players more incentive to stay and make progress.

envylife and TVNPryde like this.
  12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Lots of good suggestions here. I've mentioned before that captain levels beyond 50 are long overdue...and Matchmaker(tm) considers a new L50 the same as a 100% maxed captain the same because it's still 12+ months of training AFTER reaching 50.

Overall I've argued since I started this game that the game needs micro transactions... not everyone wants to pay for macro transactions like $100 item dups... which still require 5 more copies + 100 cells + millions of sugar and parts? The economics has always been off in this game, and revenue has reflected that.

progression remains the major issue in this game... imbalanced and slow in the wrong areas.

BattleRascal and TVNPryde like this.
  13. TVNPryde

There has been many excellent suggestions in many threads but the devs never listen to any of them. If the players think they did because of the recent releases, they are deadly wrong. Those are just purely coincidental.

Casual mode was never asked for. Players wanted a practice mode. Few single player modes will do just fine. Casual right now is the hiding spot for those tourists whose afraid to fall down a league. Max agility was never asked for and got a lot of resistances when it was tested in event.

Remember when the devs had a poll asking if the players want new ship or item? The players voted for ship and came the Gatling Gun? The devs never listened to the community and I doubt they are going to start now.

BattleRascal likes this.