1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

infamy difference greater than 2k

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by JhonnyNS, 17 Jan 2019.

1. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

B93845DB-1604-4FB2-94DE-FCD73270A297.jpeg
    I wonder: Why do players with infamy get so low in my battles?

I'm losing a lot infamy because that teams dont help.

Last edited: 17 Jan 2019
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's likely they are recognized by the system as infamy tankers and are thus still included in higher level matches

3. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

If is that, they need fix this really soon. Is annoying and toxic be put in this teams.

4. envylife

yea, it also makes it even more difficult for those players to return to their true Infamy than it should be. There was another recent thread on this.

Frenchdutchy likes this.
  5. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

A old problem without solution.

6. envylife

There's plenty of solutions, the most obvious one being an Infamy floor. For example, If you are a 3k player, you shouldn't be allowed to drop to 1k else the 1k players start getting irritated by OP players... make them go no lower than a 10% drop, for example. If they are stuck there for a while, go ahead and slowly degrade their Infamy so they can find a new norm.

At one point players found it profitable to quickly drop Infamy and climb back up with OP results and top rewards. One way to do this was to float, or suicide, for which you can drop hundreds of Infamy in an hour. The way to avoid this is to calculation Infamy on a moving average, e.g, the average of the past 200 matches... that way it's super difficult to drop Infamy quickly, and without the ability to go back up quickly you'll be stuck in a lower league with lesser rewards. That removes most of the immediate gratification part of that whole ritual, and would avoid most of the issues.

What is being done now has far too many side effects.... which amounts to punishing players who drop 800 Infamy from their high, and keeping players in high level matches after their Infamy drops, making it nearly impossible to climb back. I've seen 3k players at 100 Infamy but still in 3k matches, which will make it impossible to climb back up until a lot of things start going their way.

7. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

Well, the so-called "solutions" dont seem to solve the real problem. In fact, the only people who are fuc*&$ is the players who want to win but fall into these bad teams. :(

8. envylife

Agreed. In 80% of my matches over the past few days my teammates have been the first to die in the match, which almost always resulted in a loss in Casual matches. What I uncovered analyzing the player composition is really bad matchmaking with a huge disparity in Infamy, Gear Score, and/or side to side balancing. It's like they aren't even trying to put together competitive matches.

9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I am at 800 infamy sometimes get battles against 1500+ even against 2000 infamy players .

10. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

For now i need stop play ranked. Seem to be the only solution.

11. CaptNorCal

CaptNorCal New Member

I’ve Been unfairly tanked for about 2 month now! Tried fleets, tried everything to get back to my 2600 but stuck at 1700 due to impossible match up. I suppose it’s time to quit battle bay (stop paying $10 per month) because of these stupid ranked match ups (always against 3600, 3000 players, wtf?), but I am a leading a successful Guild of 24 great brother members. In fact my infamy only dropped because I was sacrificing for my members by using all the required Guild Quest Weapons. This of course cost me my infamy and put me in this Tanked Trap for ever! So got here NOT due to nefarious reasons but am now being tried like a criminal in prison for life. Is anyone at Battle Bay going to fix this unfair penalty? Please tell me the developers care about this breakdown.

Rhummy and Frenchdutchy like this.
  12. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

So this is whats happening rovio, people stop playing because of this. And like i posted in another thread, there is no solution yet. Im fucked sinds end of november and still down 2k. In casual im playing against my friend Cyrus who s got 5k infamy. No match i think. Do something about this or let us at least know that you r working on something.