1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New updates messes with my icons and game menu

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by JediKnight1968, 13 Feb 2019.

1. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

New update (4.3) messes even further for me colors inside the game. First example the black box where the training icon should be and second example the black color instead of the red/yellow etc for the item pieces. Screenshot_2019-02-13-12-37-15.jpg Screenshot_2019-02-13-12-37-28.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

They’ll fix it. Give ‘em time.

3. JediKnight1968

I've had similar issues (black boxes) inside the game regarding explosions and splashes from weapon hits from the 2 previous updates.
    I hoped they would get fixed in one of the newer updates. Sadly for one more time I get more bugs instead of fixing my problems.

4. JediKnight1968

Still no answer ...

5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Whats your device and OS version?

6. JediKnight1968

Tablet LG G PAD 8.3 (V500)
    Android Kitkat 4.4.2

7. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

No offense but your tablet and android are both more than 5 years old, no surprise you're slowly losing support. If you like to play games smoothly, I'd recommend you buy a new device with new android.

8. JediKnight1968

What you say has no point. Either it is supported and Google Play lets you install the application/game or it is not supported and then I can not Install/update the app.
    Three versions ago all graphics worked fine. After each version something broke off. If my Android version is not supported they should say so and check out the version from the compatible ones. Everything else is just us passing times saying our opinions.

●H€ll-Blad€● likes this.
  9. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I can't say what they should or shouldn't do, but you told us you have a problem and I said it's almost sure that your glitches happen because your device / android version is so old. Nothing wrong in my answer, imo.

Who knows what causes the problem, but I would just assume with shrinking resources they can't optimize the game for every old device (I don't know how that stuff works technically). Should they officially put you out of the "supported list" then? Possibly, but that's not my business again.

Just saying, if you want your game free of those graphic glitches, just get a new device. Alternatively you can hope they will fix it in later updates but I do believe it's unlikely because the game is already decreasing and they sure have better things to do than fix glitches that only happen on 5 year old devices.

10. JediKnight1968

As you can understand a new gaming Tablet (cant use phone for gaming) comes at a cost of nearly 350-450 $. Too much for me at this point so if they don't fix these issues I'll be forced to quit.

11. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20181114-225821.jpg Screenshot_20190102-130010_Battle_Bay.jpg I have the same issue, no response from support in months... Pretty much you have to suck it up and close the game every couple matches or upgrade your device. Its unfortunate but thats all we can do at this point.
    Device: Galaxy Tablet (Samsung Version 9.5)
    The funny part is that I plan to upgrade my tablet with the money that I usually spend on BB so really they are just losing out on potential profit.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2019
    Nikkie! and Jamel H. like this.
  12. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Because they're stupid! Battle Bay was an awesome game that was fun to play, but money hungry retards will screw that up every time. I hope people stop playing. It's the only way to get these dimwit devs to fix anything. Who in the hell wants to grind all the way to nightmare league only so matchmaking forces you to play with people who are still in masters 1 League. Just when you think it can get no worse, they do another dumb ass update.

13. JediKnight1968

As you can see from the post after ours (the user has android 8.1) the Android version of mine has nothing to do with the graphics problems.
    Its just a plain old developer f**k up.

14. JediKnight1968

I feel you my friend. I only have black boxes on some icons (mainly the training and the item pieces) which dont give me much trouble and black boxes inside the fights when an explosion or a splash happens.
    I feel the inside game black boxes stopped appearing (or i got used to them LOL) ever since the menu black boxes appeared so I hope it a migration theme black box and they will eventually leave going to cooler climates.
    To get a little serious they are horrendous at supporting the game. They create more problems than they solve and leave problems unsolved for months and months.
    Every now and then they try introducing a new money milk cow and they break something new creating bigger problems.
    I have no hope.

15. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

My biggest issue is not being able to see my item cool downs, it really makes it difficult to time your movements and attacks..

16. JediKnight1968

Yeah you really have a bigger problem than I do. I just cant see the color of the items pieces but I have arranged them in a certain order so I'll know what type of items I need.
    You on the other hand have a real problem to play the game and you say they haven't responded ( i presume you used the email support cause its obvious they don't respond to the forum) in months??

I had figured out the don't give a damn about the players but to that degree not.

17. BoatBlaster

BoatBlaster Member

Have you considered using emulator? It's actually smoother and better ping...not to mention bigger screen.

18. JediKnight1968

Actually yeah I thought about using an emulator but the thing is I usually try to relax playing lying on the sofa. If I use the emulator I am confined on my desktop pc so no relaxing at all.
    Furthermore I tried playing on an emulator on a friends pc and couldnt get used to playing BattleBay using keyboard and mouse

19. JediKnight1968

Still no reply from moderator or developer.
    Slowly shrinking into oblivion game ....

20. JediKnight1968

As far as I can see the forum really solves the gamers problems (just kidding of course nobody does anything to solve our problems or there wouldnt have piled so high)