1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please do something about MINES

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by RecklessPie, 28 Jan 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you think mines need a damage nerf?

1. Yes

61.0%
  2. No

39.0%
  1. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

all-corps is carro bait lmao :p

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe and Cavy like this.
  2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Please do not put words in my mouth.
    Could you be so kind as to highlight where I said "mine users don't need skills"?
    If you scroll back to page 1 I actually asked for mines to be left alone, and torps are definitely not in need of a nerf. No I am not a Torp user so am not biased, torps are very hard to hit with at the end game, a burning grenade and an explosive shot can do over 5k damage, which is equal to 2 big torps of average damage, and it is much easier to hit the grenade combo than land 2 big torps! We need to get out of this nerf everything mindset.

Nikkie!, Cavy and R4Z0R like this.
  3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist

we English is not my first language so it may not sound kind
    sorry about that .

i have never seen 5k exp cannon dmg at 1k infamy level but 3.5k dmg from mines and big torpedo is very normal . so many players have that and at 1k infamy level some boats are like 6k hp two hits are enough . there is no fun in that if someone spamming big torpedoes from distance and its possible to get hit you can avoid one or two but when they have like two tripple and two big torpedoes 8 in total difficult to avoid them . and if they spam mines and torpedoes both together then there is no place to move and thats all make the difference . exp cannon or other cannons one can't fire from far far away . and its not gonna stop you from moving because water is empty . mines and torpedoes limit moving space and they do solid dmg so they just ruined game play .

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Enjoy 1k infamy, as it gets a lot tougher at Ace 1 and beyond. Here the average mines will hit for 5K+ damage. A grenade shot will hit for 2.5K If it sets you on fire, which will be followed up by a 2.5K explosive cannon shot, in some cases, 2 x explosive cannon shots. Mines do deal a lot of damage as do torps, but most of my damage I eat is from grenades, flare, fire bomb and then fire cannon combos.

5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i am thinking to build a grenade but i am not so good using it . but i see one benefit of it. they can work above waves . and have high percentage of critical hit . i yesterday got legendary exp its only do 1300+ compared to my friend's legendary lvl1 mine which do 3.5k .

Nikkie! and Sidd gamer like this.
  6. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

It can be tricky to get the hang of the way camera moves and aiming can be a bit dicky until you get the hang of it, but I promise, you’ll love grenade once you get the hang of it! And the better you get with it the more you’ll love it :)
    My grenade has 88% crit chance and does over 1k in fire damage alone and training isn’t even complete. Sure it doesn’t pack the punch that mines or big torp can but I’ll get several good grenade hits for every mine that gets hit or torp that finds its mark

Last edited: 30 Jan 2019
  7. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

P.s pleeeease don’t suggest nerfing grenades

Nikkie!, R4Z0R and Ash KOT like this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Trying to draw parallels between Grenade and Mine damage is incredibly disingenuous. While Grenades are more accurate (per shot), they can only exist, one at a time, within a very limited area around the user. You also get a very clear warning when one is about to explode near you.

If you are fighting against someone using a Grenade, then you always know where the Grenade is coming from, roughly when and where the Grenade will land, and you have a good idea of where it can and can’t hit you.

To confront the threat, you only need to keep track of that one object (the Grenade user). By removing the user, you can also be 100% confident that you have removed the threat of his Grenade. This is actually quite convenient, since your target and the source of the threat are the same. By keeping track of that one ship’s location, you are maximising the information you have about, both, your target and his weapon.

Mines are completely different. They can exist in dozens of places at once, far too many to keep track of in your head. They can remain a threat, long after the user is destroyed, and where existing ships can’t see you. They are small, camouflaged, can easily be obscured by waves and FX, and they detonate without warning.

I think what separates Mines from other weapons, is that it’s virtually impossible to engage with them on your own terms. We usually have some degree of control over when other weapons hit us (with the possible exception of Sniper). For example, if I charge an EC user, then I’m ‘likely’ to get hit by an EC (perhaps that’s a risk I’m willing to take). If I retreat into cover, or out of sight/range, then I’m ‘likely’ safe from EC hits. We generally have some say over the level of danger we want to expose ourselves to, or at least we’re able to understand how much danger we are in (even when we don’t have much control).

Mines don’t give you that control or understanding. They are just all around you, sometimes behind you. Either you spot them in time, or you don’t, and you take an obscenely big hit. The only way to avoid them is to be incredibly slow and careful which, at a certain point, prevents you from realistically being able to play or enjoy the game.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2019
  9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    trust me after mine spamming this kinda spamming is in trend

Attached Files:

Nikkie! likes this.
  10. RecklessPie

RecklessPie Member

I don’t think I could have said it any better my self! That’s is the point I’m trying to make. I’m not arguing against mines because of the spammers, spammers of any weapon are awful, this isn’t a bebate about tdm because that’s an event, it has nothing to do with torpedos or grenades, this argument is all about how much damage mines do and the fact that you can’t realistically always dodge them or spot them like you can all other weapons that hit that hard. On average in ace and nightmare leagues they hit for 5k+ damage. A weapon that you don’t genuinely have to aim, takes very little skill (yes some still use them tactically), and hits for more then any one single weapon should be nerfed. A grenade EC combo takes two weapons together to hit that hard and requires positioning and aim. A mine just sits there and can explode when your right next to it, on top of it, or just randomly because the time expired. It can block off passage ways and, with this current damage it deals, encourages people to go to the capture point or position in a corner and camp while laying a ton of mines. If someone hits just one they are most likely to die or be at a huge disadvantage if they start to fight.

I will say this again because most people aren’t understanding where I am coming from. Mines should be in the game, they should be a viable weapon, you should be able to spam them if you really want to, but there is no reason they should hit as hard as they do. They are a one slot weapon that doesn’t require aim and, for the most part, skill and hits the hardest out of all the weapons in the game. They can also be used to block off passage ways which is something no other weapon can do. So again, WHY DO THEY HIT SO HARD???

Last edited: 31 Jan 2019
  11. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

If they didn’t do the things you say then they simply wouldn’t be viable
    If they dont do so much damage they won’t block off areas as players would be more willing to take a hit to get past them they’re avoided now because people know it could end there game
    If they become a 2 slot weapon they’ll be restricted to less boats and or metas

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. RecklessPie

RecklessPie Member

I’m honestly not sure if you read anything before you posted this. They SHOULD do those things, they SHOULD be viable, they SHOULDN’T be a 2 slot weapon, but the damage SHOULD be reduced. I still wouldn’t want to take 4K damage from running over a mine. But the random 6k damage is way to much. It’s a complete game changer and mines shouldn’t be that way.

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Torpedo spamming gets me maybe 1 out of 50 battles where someone tries it. It's just not an effective strategy in my eyes. Mine spamming on the other hand gets me 25 out of 50 battles where someone tries it. It's just frustrating beyond words to die cause you can't move without hitting one. I don't care of someone puts 5 around them to prevent an attack run by a speeder, that's strategy. I do care when they drop 50 in an event and they die 3x doing it. And I'm talking about when they are my teammate just as much as when they're on the opposing team.

Nikkie!, R4Z0R and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. Tytus paul

Tytus paul New Member

All you gotta do is this .....any two of this can be applied..!

-reduce the damage by 50 percent or 40percent
    -increase it's cool down time
    -reduce it's diameter
    -or finally make it a two slot weapon
    -as said by r4zor there should be a limited number for dropping mines

Nikkie! and R4Z0R like this.
  15. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

For me it definitely doesnt need a damage nerf.

I would like to see some limitation in place which only allows 1 per ship maximum instead.

So it is still viable / powerful, but will be used much more strategically, instead of people taking 3+ mines and just scattering them everywhere from spawn until death.

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe and Cavy like this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yup! Haven't seen a single reason as to why there cannot be a one-only limit to mines.

Nikkie! likes this.
  17. Grummpz

Grummpz New Member

The overall damage in the game just seems to much at the moment and there is an argument that everything should be scaled back a bit. Their isn’t much of a game play when you can be dead in two hits.

This issue with mines generally is that their is a growing tendency to have ships that have multiple mines equipped and some that only have mines equipped. One solution would be that you can only equip one of each weapon.

Nikkie! likes this.
  18. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Applying the one each limit to every weapon is going too far. I can't spam blast cannon, grenade, sniper, railgun, ex cannon, std cannon, or flare so why should any of those be limited to one per ship. And I've seen arguments similar to this for torpedoes but they're really hard accurately aim so even there there is a skill requirement especially at the end of matches. And as for mortars/fb most yellow boats can avoid them all day and opposingshooter/defender usually carry similar loadouts so it's pretty evenly matched.

19. RecklessPie

RecklessPie Member

My guess is nothing will happen and it will continue to be more over powered mine meta gameplay. Personally they are ruining the game for me. I just hope something is done about mines, they need to be fixed via damage nerf, detonation radius nerf, amount able to be placed reduced, the random explosions because the time expires, clears your mines upon death, or literally anything. They are obnoxious and too many people are using them to climb because they require no skill.

Nikkie! likes this.
  20. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

I love to see ppl asking to lower the bar when they cant reach it and asking support from others.
    I love mines but hate mine spammers like everybody else.
    They shouldnt nerf the mines for the way how they work but for the way they are being spammed.
    These are my points to avoid mine spammers:
    • 5k mine dmg is excellent but it needs to reduce the dps by increasing the cooldown. I hate the dmg nerfed but not too bad.
    • use different color of mines so friendly ships will know the choke point is not flooded by an idiot team mate and we can still avoid the hostile ones.
    • Make a health bar on mine equal to its dmg which can be shot / reduced by friendly ship
    • Limit to 1 or 2 for the same weapons mounted on a ship. I said weapons, it shouldnt only be applied to mines. It will create more balanced gameplay but it's bad for doing quest, not a big deal.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2019
    Nikkie! likes this.