1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Those who have reached 5k receive good prizes, now they do not want to play in the rating

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by angel1062, 24 Feb 2019.

1. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I couldn’t agree more. Having infamy involves in TDM make people play more strategically. It’s a mindless farm fest right now. People hardly care how they play in the non-infamy battles now. This is a strategic battle P2P game.

2. Earel

Earel Active Member

WOW, same system like a previous one... like a 2 year ago...
    As usually... all nightmare players 4K+ recive legendary part every season for free!!! Fix it!! They should recive 50k gold and 25 sugar, mb add some common parts like 100!
    That’s all!

If it’s so easy reach 5k why u are not nightmare l player??
    I saw like a million players with 10-11k gear scores with 500-1000 infarmy, that just event can’t lead a shot... and now these days players scream about “not fair reward”... this situation make me crying...

3. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

5k? I'm not willing to play ranked even at 3.6k.

HCTDM was plain bullshit. I cannot fathom any reason as to why they change ranked and more over even though events were there for a limited time I still used to play ranked anyway just to try my luck at NM.
    Right now with how this game is going, playing casual and waiting for this mess to be sorted out is all I can do. It's better to take it to post global launch and start over than add something more stupid over the system that's beyond any reason now.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree it's a good idea, I see HCTDM used well in other games, but Battle Bay progression makes it nearly impossible for 99% of players because it takes 2 years for F2P to max out a single boat, and being only 2 years since global launch, how did they expect it to work at all?

So as you point out, HCTDM is purely for whales, the 1% of the player base, which doesn't make a good financial foundation for Rovio. What I did expect is for those progression walls to be broken down as a prerequisite to implementing HCTDM, but instead progression was largely nerfed. Everything done to this game in the past 6 months since v3.2 contradicts common sense from both a player and an business perspective. Not even whales are happy.

5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

easiest way would be to allow the same items on multiple ships.
    So you have a garage with all your parts, and then you go to the "build your loadout screen" and can use everything from your garage.
    Go the next boat and you are free to use everything in your inventory again.
    Makes HCTDM much more viable, and also means you dont have to drag and drop all your gear between boats every time you want to change ships.

Ideally each boat should have 2 loadouts slots minimum for you to build classes, and quickly switch between them.
    It would improve BB life so much, it needs to happen :)

6. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

made a suggestion close to this just after the HCTDM came out... need to have a staging room just for HCTDM mode where players can fit their best setups per ship that they have unlocked. all current inventories that a player has will have virtual duplicates that you can independently use per ship. that way, players won't have to worry about building duplicates to maximize their HCTDM experience.

Ash KOT likes this.
  7. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

To add my two cents ....

Eligibility for Season Rewards:
    All players should be required to play at least one ranked match each season to be eligible for that season's rewards.

There are countless reasons why, but I believe most are self-explanatory. I'm not sure why this was ever an issue.

Legendary Items and Season Rewards:
    Legendary items (excluding new items) have never been balance-breaking.
    In a 5v5 match, a max epic player can affect the match outcome more than a max legendary player - if they outplay them. If they play the same or worse than the max leg player, they'll likely lose .. but it is an acceptable advantage given the money/time required to reach the max leg level. A few hundred extra HPs or a few hundred extra damage doesn't drastically affect many matches - less so with T3-4 leg items.

Event perks, on the other hand, are absolutely balance-breaking - as I've explained several times before. If season rewards offered these types of perks or awarded the OP new items directly, this would cross the line into rank unfairness.

It's also important to understand that awarding 5 legendary pieces per season to most 5k players isn't some breakneck increase in progression. With 5 different item types, legendary part and powercell limitations, it'll still take a year or more until most can build more than one T4+ item. And they'll be limited to a few items - as opposed to building a full loadout.

Once you you've exhausted your leg powercell supply, your leg progression is effectively at its end. For each additional item you want to build, you're required to scrap dozens of other legendary items (i.e., years of NML1 season rewards).

So, you are restricted to leveling a few select items .. and there is substanial risk in choosing the wrong items. If balance changes (or new items) make that item obsolete, you've wasted years of irreplaceable resources for nothing. Moreover, you are reliant on RNG to drop 3-4 duplicates of the spicific items you want .. With the increasing pool of items and your faith in RNG, how long do you imagine that will take?

The top 3 finishers are less restricted by these constraints, but there would be no incentive to compete for top spots without large rewards.

Importance of Rewards:
    Season rewards must remain the most significant rewards in the game.
    If Rivalry rewards become more important, guilds would manipulate their ranking lower, they would fracture into smaller guilds, and the social interaction that keeps many players attracted to the game would die off. Otherwise, there would be far less incentive to build (or buy) better items, but more of an incentive to build a variety of weaker weapons to spam in casual and event matches (which further lowers the quality of those matches). Obviously, ranked matches would lose all meaning.

Ranked Match Format Changes:
    I previously had several ideas for changing ranked matches .. but changes this significant would require far too many resources and trial-and-error periods for a game in this late stage.

• Single-Queue Ranked (no-fleets).
    I thought this would better represent individual skill than the current format .. but it would require vast changes in ship balance, the MM formula, and would in all likelihood drive a significant number of the remaining players away from the game. So, it's probably not the best change.

Side note: Fleets help players increase their infamy, but once that higher level of infamy has been established (with enough matches), they're free to play solo without a large risk of losing a significant amount of infamy. If fleets were removed, it would be far more difficult for players to significantly increase their infamy and there would be an increased amount of complaints about bad teammates.

• Ranked Respawn HCTDM
    I was preparing for a forced change to this format by leveling a number of uncommon items. However, I have since scrapped those items and decided that a change to this format would be the end of the game for me - regardless of how it was handled.

In the current format, I expect 1-2 players on my team to die early and to contribute little more than serving as a temporary distraction or meatshield. And I've learned to overcome that disadvantage. But, there is simply no way to overcome those players dying 3-4+ times a match. I cannot sink enemy ships faster than players can suicide.

And, I'm not interested in a game that's rankings are based on glorified event matches - where winners are determined based on who's teammates are slightly less bad than the other team rather than player skill.

That said - I still believe that the option of selecting a different ship or loadout once you see the team compositions and map would be financially beneficial for Rovio and something players would enjoy.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2019
    Earel and yellowocean like this.
  8. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

well said, personally though, i would like to see a separate infamy rating for solo play and for fleeted play, doing so would also mean an additional set of rewards. hell, i'd be happy if devs started acknowledging these threads and interact with us and tell us which suggestions are valid/interesting and which ones are not valid/can't be considered... with the way things are going, they have nothing to lose by being more transparent and interactive with the community.

on a side note, i used to see a lot of names online whenever i visit this forum, nowadays, it's only but a handful of players... that should kinda indicative of how many players we have lost over the course of the recent updates...

and i just recently noticed that a lot of new names in the dev roster (credits), i no longer see damage don, sircornedbeef, miika, and several other long time devs are gone.... and seems like their roster was reduced... looks like the game really isn't doing well

Nikkie!, Earel, RACK STAR and 4 others like this.