1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to add more value to VIP

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Flynndawg, 22 Feb 2019.

1. Flynndawg

Flynndawg Well-Known Member

Hi Rovio.. my dearest friend.

Each month i struggle with renewing my VIP membership and I know i'm not alone. I'd like you to consider adding more value to this membership as I think you would gain some easy money from this. It was a no brainer when I needed sugar and gold all the time or I needed to level captain talents super fast at low levels.

Some Suggestions;

1) Ability to bank some coins for events? (even 400 coins banking would allow for some of us that can't play 5-10 hours each event the ability to atleast bank some coins..and spend them in the next event when we get the remaining 400)
    2) some free boosts or pearls over time? (maybe 100 pearls each week?)
    3) the ability to save load outs for each boat so we can quickly change ships.
    4) the ability to customize the look of our ship? (new colors or themes would be nice)

I have some other ideas and I'm sure other people do to. These don't need to be value adds that take away from your other bb revenue streams.. these are just ideas for making VIP a no brainer each month.

Last edited: 23 Feb 2019
  2. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

True, if rovio needs more revenue from BB, this is definitely one of the places they need to look into... they are missing out on a lot of stuff to make vip more enticing to players...

RACK STAR likes this.
  3. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I think the best way to improve VIP is the post battle pearl rewards. Give everyone 2 or 3 pearls every after battle. VIP should get +2 or 3 from the regular free players. This will help everyone to be closer to the moderately paying players. It won’t break the revenue but can increase it. If someone paying few thousand dollars knowing the f2p players can never catch up, then they don’t need to pay more to stay ahead of the curve. That is what missing in this game and one of the reasons why the fan base is dwindling. F2P players knowing they will never be on even grounds with the paying ones, or even coming close to it.

I am always on VIP and spent few hundreds on promotions. I played since global launch and I only have 5 max epic red items and 9 total. We are talking about epic items here. Aside from trainings, VIP doesn’t effect my progress in any other way. Anyway, I cancelled my VIP a week ago and it’ll expire sometime next week. It’s fairly useless at this stage of the game.

4. yellowocean

the only reason why i still maintain vip is because of the ads... i just can't stand watching every single ad after every freaking battle... after the 1st 5 battles, they should reduce ad frequency...

BattleRascal, RACK STAR and TVNPryde like this.
  5. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

That was the main reason I got VIP. I no longer care about post battle rewards to keep VIP. I could careless if I get nothing at all.

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I just skip ads at this point. When No-Life Events were added without coin carryover, I realized the time waiting for ads results in a substantial reduction in coin take, which drastically increases risk of never reaching the 800 coin plateau.

Once I was trained to skip, I realized the single pearl for 30+ seconds of my life vs near-zero tangible progress in the game turns out to be a bad tradeoff. The new daily star crate has shown to be consistently worthless as well, so I'm going to stop worrying about grinding stars.

7. yellowocean

hahaha yeah, who are they kidding when they said star crates were improved... they even got rid of the free parts. and the odds for rares, epics and legendaries in these crates had negligible changes... 0.15% chance for leg piece? and like only 1 chance per day? so in a year you can expect at least 1 leg piece from that "improved" star crate... honestly, what a joke... and the unlimited common and uncommon crates is not an improvement coz first of all, they aren't free, you need to pay gold for it... so it's not really a reward anymore, it's just an option for players to buy at the shop. and from the looks of it, you'll be able to complete your commons and uncommons in no time, whooopeeee!!!

BattleRascal likes this.