1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments of 4.3 update

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by yellowocean, 18 Feb 2019.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Great thread... hard to disagree with anything here. This last event I decided to grind enough for a Legendary Perk, and immediately I was reminded of two things
    1. 800 coins a brutal grind at a full 5 minutes per match average. Over a week we are still talking 2 hours/day assuming 5 coins/match.
    2. Event Rewards are consistently not worth the effort.
    Unsurprisingly I wound up with a Legendary Perk I can't use because I'm not a Fixer
    Perk Boxes: I rolled the dice 12 times. I got on par with the odds, finally getting the Epic Perk on the 12th attempt, but I couldn't use it either.
    Ship Piece Boxes: I rolled the dice 9 times. I got 100 pieces each time, which is near zero progress toward a single ship level.

In other words, lots of effort, near zero reward.

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

The capture tiebreaker is an interesting mechanic .. and I don't mind 1% being all it takes since any damage instantly resets your percentage to zero and fire duration keeps it at 1%. It certainly gives more meaning to capture circle ... It rewards players that are aware of the game clock .. but, yeah, that would've been frustrating if I lost a ranked match because I was unaware of the change.

Otherwise, they're starting to experiment with better epic offers .. which is good to see.

Although, they have yet to understand the importance of inventory cycycling ... or over-monetization.

When players' inventories are empty, and they're full on gold, that's when they'll buy items ...

I don't have the space so there's no point in spending pearls on a flare offer - even though it's an offer I'd normally buy. Powercell paywalls and a lack of proper gold rewards are still saving me money.

Like me, 99% of their players would consider buying items for the right price, but they're not going to buy resources to build those items ..

Last edited: 21 Feb 2019
  3. envylife

While it's a little better than the typical Event Container offer with 2X chance (4.8% chance of getting what you want instead of 2.4%), 5X is still only a 12.2% chance to get the 5X item. The standard daily deals typically offer a 25% chance for not many more pearls, so there is still a lot of room for improvement on the offers.

xArrogance likes this.
  4. xArrogance

Yeah, it's still a long way to go from the ideal price point in my mind, but it's a better offer than before - and I expect them to test out the higher price points before discounting them further. But we'll see.

I think the flare offer was more interesting for me because I need a max epic flare.

My L20 leg flare doesn't pop a max epic TS with HP perks. But I believe a max epic flare does .. even with the p2w speed/cooldown/damage perks.

I use a railgun as a crutch for now .. but its severely underpowered DPS is a liability (without the 50% stun chance from p2w perks anyways). And, I don't trust the grenade's supposed 88% crit chance.

In my mind, the flare is becoming increasingly important with its repair debuff against the OP heal items (big bandages, duct tape, plasma), its ability to pop shields and its 8.5 second cooldown (with p2w perks) ..

5. envylife

I'm not sure we've ever seen discounting in BB? I've always felt things were 2x more pricey than they should be, and thus bought almost nothing because offers haven't become cheaper. In fact for this particular box, players are getting individual deals from 2600-2900 pearls, and mine is 2900. I know what a 12% chance looks like from the Legendary perks and its pretty dim.

Anyhow I too need a bunch of Epic Flares... RNG has given me only two in 2 years... but I'm waiting for the 3000 pearl 1-of-4 deals..I'm getting tired of opening teal and green items from the weekly epic crate, and getting common items from the star crate. RNG is consistent in its disappointment.

xArrogance likes this.
  6. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I know sniper crits don't count against TShields. By correlation I don't think grenades can crit on them either. I can never rely on a grenade to pop a shield.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. yellowocean

9. xArrogance

I meant in general .. not against TSs.

I'm more and more hesitant to rely on a grenade for a fire combo .. it doesn't seem to crit anywhere near 88% anymore.

The flare is the only realistic alternative.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. envylife

All I can say is this: I've opened 10 Epic Containers to date, which is a massive amount of pearls for a F2P user, and I've been vastly underwhelmed.
    If I paid $100 to receive what was in my first 8 (5R/4Y/5G/3B) as a Shooter I'd be pissed as it amounted to 2 useful items, so I've never bought that deal.

Keep in mind, Battle Bay does't offer progression, with these odds it's pure Vegas-style gambling, and with more items and more colors, odds continue to drop further. If I pay what to amounts to the lion's share of a car payment I expect tangible progression, and in absence of value, my money is actively going elsewhere.

Sidd gamer and GigaBeard like this.
  11. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I thought i was misunderstanding (figured you knew no crits vs TS), but you mentioned carrying the railgun which I thought was your consistent TS take down.

Yeah, I don't trust grenade for fire bonus. As you mentioned, the healing nerf granted by a flare hit is very useful.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

@yellowocean Excellent list of improvements!! Just wanted to add my support and hope the devs take notice of well thought out input from their players. Thanks for taking the time to jot all that down. I've loved this game from the first time I played it. There's so much good in this game and yet there's certainly room for adjustments - many of which you've spelled out here.

Devs if you're listening: In addition to what @yellowocean said - Respect your players, be generous - not greedy, give us more battle/guild stats, most of all give us more choices/control in the game. If you need us to spend money to support this game then be way more reasonable. And if we have to watch ads, then please, please make sure that every ad with sound/music has a mute button for the love of God!

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. yellowocean

yes, i've always strived to give out suggestions that, i believe, are win-win scenarios for everyone that includes the devs. if only they could be more interactive with community. personally i just wish that they would respond and let me know which ones are okay, interesting, not possible and/or worth a try. so far the response to this latest post of mine has been mostly positive, so at least that gives me an idea that players agree, so devs should also give their input. if they do, then i can add more details into the items that they find interesting

14. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, most of the recommendations went on deft ears. Some of the suggestions are so simple that will keep the community happy couldn’t be bothered with. If they are not going to get rid of power cells, how hard is it to implement a trade up system for it? Instead they created unattainable ships and polluted the items pool. They did a good job of causing waves after waves of players leaving. You have to give them credit for that.

envylife likes this.
  15. yellowocean

yeah, can't disagree with you on that assessment... sometimes, i think that they purposely ignore the community's suggestions because of pride/arrogance. i do hope they turn things around unless they are subconsciously trying to kill this wonderful game.

16. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

Maybe that's it. They think they know better about the game. True, they do have the data which we don't have access. However they failed to explain the reasoning to us. They often ignore the experience or feeling of the players as they think it's alright. Typically the answer regarding the too many fixers on one team and the other not. The dev thinks it's dull if all matches look the same, but we need a fairness for the cost of infamy.

17. yellowocean

is it just me or has targetting system really been so bad in the recent updates... played with carronade the other day, and i kept missing point blank shots, never missed that bad with old targetting system...

GigaBeard likes this.