1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Those who have reached 5k receive good prizes, now they do not want to play in the rating

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by angel1062, 24 Feb 2019.

1. angel1062

angel1062 New Member

Do not you think that you have made too good prizes for players who have reached 5k? I know a lot of players who have reached 5k and now do not play in the ranking, but for the season they get great prizes! Why do you hand out the legendary parts so ..

#CK and American Marauder like this.
  2. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    I thought that Zeus said somewhere that those who reach the top and put a lot of time in coming there, should get a reward for belonging to the top, and making it to 5k

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It should still require playing a certain number of ranked games per season to be eligible for the rewards.

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

@The Grim Repair
    Many Nightmare 5k players now don't play ranked. This can't be an accident whole top guilds avoid8ng ranked once 5k. Means the game got broken. Requiring at least X number of games in ranked every 2 weeks is the only way to prevent this. Any league. But especially if players will be awarded 10 leg. Pieces non stop. To never play ranked. Is messed up.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

So much common sense... but all suggestions surrounding Infamy improvement will be ignored. They broke it 6 months ago with perpetual Events, and have made zero effort to fix it. The game is fundamentally flawed at this point and whales are getting 100% of the benefits of the latest changes.

6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I never understood the casual mode. Same as elimination without infamy involves? So what is the point of having 2 identical modes when your fan base is so small? Then casual became a cheesy hiding place so many that barely reaches new league, which resulted in the killing of ranked MM. ranked battles are your bread and butter Rovio.

I suggest to get rid of casual to improve ranked mode. Move custom back to where it was because it’s a practice mode. Remove coins expiration from TDM so you don’t pressure people to grind to death and deferred them from playing ranked game. Also, break away from this tight infamy pool. I can go details on that if they want but I doubt they want to hear it.

Elyport, #CK, Nikkie! and 2 others like this.
  7. angel1062

angel1062 New Member

I agree with you! It is necessary to make a certain number of fights for the season, and so this cheating turns out! Developers wake up before it's too late !!!

RACK STAR likes this.
  8. angel1062

angel1062 New Member

It used to be very difficult to get legendary parts, but now the developers just hand them out! Very very sad, you broke the whole system

Last edited: 24 Feb 2019
  9. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Do you mean Legendary item pieces?
    Leggy parts are still hard to come by even with the season rewards

Nikkie! and Sewah like this.
  10. envylife

Accurate Infamy requires all players to consistently participate in Infamy matches. In absence of that, I'd lean toward removing Infamy from the game entirely.

RACK STAR and JoshW like this.
  11. envylife

The devs' original goal was to replace ranked with HCTDM, which was a terrible idea on so many levels, but primarily because the tiny fraction of the player base that has more than 1 ship to use... so what we have now is better.

Removing casual just goes back to when players would just not play on days without events. Ranked matchmaking has become even worse since then with gigantic, and ultimately, non-competitive Infamy spreads amongst participants. That spread needs to be drastically tightened up to make Infamy legitimate again. If there isn't enough players, then, well, Rovio's job is to get new players.

This Is Me and RACK STAR like this.
  12. Earel

Earel Active Member

What’s a issue with with nightmare 1 league?
    I don’t see any issue, moreover it’s a good point have some endgame checkpoint...
    Doing by your logic @angel1062 , the same issue was month ago with normal nightmare players , when nightmare was only one league...
    I’m one year like a nightmare player, so what ?
    I’m recive free pack of “super” rewards?
    What’s the point for me play more?
    Players with 4K infarmy and 5.5 gets same reward, it’s logical?..
    Only top 10 players 6k-5.8k was recive better stuff...
    So u think it’s ok? Each time grows up from 4K to 6k?
    It’s fair?...
    moreover most of nightmare players 5+ have a endgame core setup... they don’t need another duplicate of the e5 items...
    Now they are looking for l3 items... this point hold the top players in the game.

This Is Me and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. TVNPryde

HCTDM is not a bad idea but it needs to be ease in, not force in. Unleash some of the progress walls so players can advance. What Rovio wants is for everyone to shed tens of thousands to smash those walls and it is not happening anymore. They are stuck in that delusional world either because of pride/arrogance.

guykakin likes this.
  14. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

The issue isn't that top 5k players receive rewarded for getting to the top. It's the consistent rewards. Every 2 weeks for being a 5k player. Without having to risk anything.

What if all 3k players were allowed to have free leg perks from events without playing the require 80 games? Would the 5k players like that? No! They'd would throw a fit. All games from every game maker requires playing it to remain at the top.

Except battle bay. The current system to allow 10 legendary pieces to players who don't play X number of ranked games is telling Non Whales. They can kick rocks.

Fix it now developers. Infamy only remaining constant for 0 ranked games is the worst idea our developers have ever come up with. And I am saying this as a 3.5k player. Knowing full well...that it means even lower level players will have to play ranked games to stay in the league they want. It's only fair and right. Continued Free Legendary weapon every 2 weeks: is brutally absurd. Fix ranked.

#CK likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That's not true. To gain a full weapon, you have to rank at first place in NML1. It would take the average NML1 a month and a half to get a leggy weapon provided they get all pieces of the same color.

Personally, I don't see the issue here. If the NML1s are NOT playing Ranked, it makes it easier for everyone else to PUSH NML1.
    Besides, with the matchmaking system being as excellent, fair and balanced as it is, with the rewards being as good as they are for NML1, I don't see anyone risking their necks.

If they don't fix matchmaking before they implement a change that forces NML1s to play and win at least one game to rank... It'll be bad for them.

Nikkie! and xArrogance like this.
  16. TVNPryde

Basically what you just said was that the game is so messed up that you can’t penalize cheesy tourists for not playing ranked? What did the devs turned this game into?

RACK STAR likes this.
  17. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

some things to consider in relation to this thread...
    - remove fleet capability for ranked matches OR create a separate ranking system for fleeted players (i.e. fleet infamy rating)
    - design an upkeep system which gets higher as you go up in league
    - OR require a minimum amount of ranked battles within a season (or certain period of time) or player loses X amount of infamy
    - OR remove casual mode and make all battles (except custom) count versus infamy (replace casual with a sandbox mode, where players can test out their setups against bots - this can transition to a single player mode or a more in-depth tutorial)... sounds fair to everyone i suppose?

Nikkie!, TVNPryde and RACK STAR like this.
  18. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

@envylife
    Should legendary perks be free in events without playing event games?

Neither should any prize in ranked mode. Without playing.

It rewards the whales and the earliest game adopters verse the rest of the bay at absurd levels. Way too many leg pieces. And for every bay member. This switch is all must play X number of games to be eligible to receive ranked rewards.

Having the 5k players not playing doesn't improve matchmaking. It's already been multiple times crowd source bay agreed upon that multiple events, casual and ranked dilutes the player base. Ie. Wilder ranked infamy matchups. With players as far apart as 2k difference. So When an entire class of of players: the 5k stop playing ranked. Now the ladder will be 2.8k players playing 4.8k. Not fun. And stupidly lame. All because devs allow this stupid system to continue.

End rewards without playing.

TVNPryde likes this.
  19. TVNPryde

I agreed with what you said but I want to allow fleet still. Add a system where fleet players win 20% less infamy and the non fleet unfriends benefit from that. For example, if there is only 1 pair fleets in a battle, that pair will get +19/-24 in that battle. The unfriends will get +24/-22. If equal number of fleets on both sides, fleet players will get +/-24 as normal because both sides on equal ground.

20. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

that sounds fair, i suppose... but i think the simplest solution here is to have infamy affect all battles except custom mode....at the most we should only have 2 active modes at any time (events / ranked) as the current player pool in the higher infamy levels is just not enough to make tighter matchups.

Nikkie! likes this.