1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mine+big torpedo

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Agile Vanguard, 22 Feb 2019.

1. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    In an effort to find the style I like and climb infamy, I've changed my weapons on a speeder to mine and big torpedo. Amazingly, I perform better on T2 rare mine+big torpedo than an T3 epic blast and flare! Imagine the possibilities if my current loadout was the same level as my blast cannon and flare!

Anyway, what would be some usful tips for a build like this?

NeptuneGaming and Nikkie! like this.
  2. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I have tried this setup and it didn't match my play style cos my play style is a little too aggressive.

To use this setup effectively you will have to be Flank-a-lot kinda player. Upfront battle will be suicide. Rushing will do the same. When spotted you will have to relocate immediately.

Basically it's all about flanking and setting up mines behind unfriends and launching torps at groups while trying to be invisible. Forget the Tesla shield. Bolt will be your best friend with this setup. It's an extremely strategy based setup where you will have to think it through every time you select a target. Use mines to support torps by limiting player movement and torps to drive players into mines.

One more thing you can do is block off a pathway and launch torps while being out of sight. You team will take the damage and will act like spotters for you. It's not a fun way but when it works it works better than anything else I have tried damage-wise.

I guess that's all I have. So far I have learnt the above while using this setup and by watching how a few NM players pulled it off effectively against my team or from my team. Good luck.

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Thanks.

4. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I use that with a frost blaster and players break my frost most of times, and till i hit them i will lose a lot of HP

And due to the agility update players can avoid my torps even if they are FROZEN 2, because even if i aimed towards them and they danced towards it still they can change their movement and avoide it.

5. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

it's an anti camper set up that need luck way more than skill, u may need a tesla bolt to avoid close range combat vs other speedy ships or stop a dying fixer/reaper from healing or running away. It could work depend on the map/enemy ships but I'd pick other torps than big one cuz they give more control/precision