1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Bay Dying

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Kon-Tiki, 19 Feb 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki New Member

I don’t know how long I have played but I have never been part of the forum. What I do know is I have about 30,000 battles and it’s now time to join the forum because the game is dying and people are leaving. Y’all have done some neat things like plasma and you’ve done some stupid things like ruin everything about an enforcer and all the equipment you put on one. But that’s beside the main point. Fix the matchmaking. What do I mean? Nobody wants 5 fixers against 5 shooters. You think it’s balanced? I don’t care. You’re a developer and I’m a player. I want to enjoy the game, not be pissed off and log out. The solution is simple. Let the q grab 10 people and instead of letting the match start, divide the fixers between both teams. My point is the game is dying..... don’t you want me to keep spending my money? If this doesn’t open your eyes, then I guess you don’t care if your real life ship sinks.

2. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

hi there kon-tiki, i think there will never be a perfect MM algorithm, if we have more players online at any time, i believe the match-ups will be better... the bigger issue here is that player base, i feel, has not increase significantly compounded by the fact that there are now a maximum of four battle modes (e.g. ranked, casual, event, custom). the 4 game modes dilutes the player pool and thus results in more unbalanced matchups.

devs need to come up with ways to increase active player base by: a) improve reward system, 4.3 update did nothing to significantly irmprove rewards; b) improving item progression pace by decreasing RNG factor and giving players more control over their individual progression (i believe players won't mind the extra grind if they are certain of the reward in the end; i have witnessed many players just give up totally or gradually lose interest in the game because countless hours went to waste when combining their hard earned pieces resulted in items they don't want or need, or getting event perks they deem useless)

3. Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki New Member

Yes I understand, especially now they added casual. All I’m saying is don’t start the battle with 5 fixers or speeders on one team. It can’t be that hard to write a command to separate and divide the boats evenly. Who cares about infamy. I just don’t want 5 fixers on my team and I don’t want to fight against 5 speeders. Divy then to each side.

4. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Idk but i iove those unfair ship balancing (mayhem).