1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Target Locking

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Agile Vanguard, 19 Feb 2019.

?

Is this a good suggestion?

1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

36.4%
  1. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Hi everyone, what would you think of a yellow item which forces the enemy to lock onto you for a couple of seconds?
    It could be used to distract the teammates while a damaged ship could heal or assist in a 2v1.

Mechanics: It sends out a shockwave which forces the turret to lock onto your ship if it is hit. (Can hit multiple players) The shockwave also
    doesn't affect players who aren't facing you.

Stats:
    Duration: 4 seconds with a small increase each level.
    Radius: 1/2 of the map, doesn't go through walls.
    Cooldown: 23 seconds, with 12 seconds as the maximum.

If this shows support on the forums, I might put it on discord too. Please suggest ideas on how to balance this item.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2019
    Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I think you will die very fast.

I had been enemy focus target / focus fire since the day I turned to the duct side.

This option is only suitable for a ship with a very2 big pool of HP or never ending HP regen.

3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

In an ideal team game it could be good to buy your mates some time if you trust that they would make the most of it but I reckon more often then not you’d only sacrifice ya self for players who die shortly after not even aware of what you did for them

4. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Tho you did make me think of scary speeder pairs using this with one being the focus while the other ruins thier day lol but have seen good pairs of speeders do this anyway
    Lol It would help a clumsy bum like me sneak up on some one tho lol I’m as subtle as dog ba... um you get the idea

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Or with endless double nitro.

Sewah likes this.
  6. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    This sounds interesting. What if it was a Teal item?

7. You dont need to know

You dont need to know Member

If that was an item ( wich I agree should be ) then it would make sense of the current super uncontrollable auto lock system where the computer locks on to what seems is the best target, but 70% of the time isn’t ( especially at close range, and I know you can turn it off, just makes impossible to lock on a target instead ).

8. You dont need to know

Makes sense for it to be teel, because only two ships have teel items anyway and are both tanks, and making people lock onto to you is a protective thing ( for example, the shield teel item that diverts some of your teammates damage to you )

9. You dont need to know

Makes sense for it to be teel, because only two ships have teel items anyway and are both tanks, and making people lock onto to you is a protective thing