1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Competition UPDATED 2/26 AmericanMarauder's The Equality Games: A Toobers Special Event

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 18 Feb 2019.

1. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Hey AM here... bringing the first look at the next major Toobers event coming Saturday, April 20th:

AmericanMarauder's The Equality Games.

Here's a quick synopsis of the games. Rules to follow.

1. You pick a team of 3 - we suggest having alternates at the standby just in case.

2. You can only equip Uncommon T1 Level 10 items. No perks. Hey, we just made Crates extra sexy! *See Update below regarding Turbos.

3. Bracket-style game play in two categories. Best out of 3 until you get to the finals, where the final two squads will battle it out in a grueling best out of 5. Squeamish players need not apply.

UPDATE: We will be allowing contestants to use any level turbo (epic, rare, etc) they want with only speed boost turbo perks. No event turbo perks will be allowed. This will be so the matches flow faster and ships like Defender are not crippled.

Why the Equality Games? I created this event because of the irony. One of Battle Bay's biggest Pay to Win players is hosting a game where everyone is as close to being equal as possible. Going to be a lot of fun and show who has the skills to pay the bills. So start saving up your Uncommon T1 Level 10 equipment. You can run multiples of the same items, so if you're thinking about doing just that, you might want to buy the first one in the Item Store. Glorious prizes sponsored by the Battle Bay Developers Crew.

To participate you must join the Battle Bay: The Toobers Discord channel. Go to the Menu icon in game then Community then Discord. See you there!

Equality is coming to the Bay.

UPDATE 2/26

We’ve put together a prize package that blows away previous prize packages. 3 lucky winners in 2 categories will receive the following for 1st Place:

Prize Package Includes:
    1. The Official Battle Bay T-Shirt
    2. 2500 Pearls
    3. 500,000 Gold
    4. 100 Epic Power Cells

Anyway, there you have it. Can’t wait to see you all compete! More details to come.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2019
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Umm......... There's going to be some very impaired and giggly people in this event.

Nikkie! and Ultrah like this.
  3. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Well if they put down the bag of Doritos long enough, who knows, maybe they'll win.

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

You mean more so than usual?! ;)

5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I love the concept and idea of equalized weapons. Great idea.

I would love to participate in this one, unfortunately I don't have 8 extra inventory slots to buy uncommon items unless I start scrapping Epic dupes. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be in the same boat ;).
    It would cost me over 7500 pearls to buy the 10 inventory slots just to outfit a ship in uncommon gear.

Musso, Nikkie! and GigaBeard like this.
  6. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    You could store them on unused boats. You also have 2 months and 2 days to figure it out. I bought a whole set from the item store at one time and leveled them all up to 10 in one shot. Pretty cheap to do all of that.

7. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

My unused boats are full too, LOL. 109 of 110 inventory full, plus I have about 30 uncollected weapon achievements. I guess you can call me a hoarder, I keep epic dupes for every possible item in the game.
    Of all the events you guys have done, this is my favorite. Maybe by April I can figure it out.

Nikkie! and GigaBeard like this.
  8. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Interesting.
    But its in April

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I would consider changing the rules, to allow better Tubos into the games. Uncommon weapons are fine, but T1 uncommon Turbo, is gonna feel like playing in wet cement.

You wouldn’t be losing much ‘equality’, since Turbos cap much earlier than most other items. Some newer players might not have a good Turbo, but they’re going to get shafted on training anyway. I think it would be worth sacrificing that for faster games.

10. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Haha i was just about to update it. See above.