1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Man, you people have really done a number on Defender.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flipscuba, 15 Feb 2019.

1. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

It's to the point that S H O O T E R S can now run circles around me, and my turret barely can keep up. And I can't catch them, so they can kite around spamming torpedoes into my face that I have nowhere NEAR enough agility to dodge. And you've taken all the ability to customize my way around this out of my hands. I don't understand why the devs of this game hate Defenders so much.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Lol I agree. Tried to play defender a few days ago, it suuuuuuucks.

3. Flipscuba

SHOOTERS CAN STRAIGHT UP RUN CIRCLES AROUND ME, AND THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY TO TRACK THEM WITH MY TURRET IS TO LITERALLY SIT STILL AND TURN IN PLACE, AND EVEN THEN IT'S CLOSE. I'M NOT EXAGGERATING HERE, I SWEAR TO CHRIST.

4. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist

same happened to my Shooter when yellow boats move front back keep firing and my turret can't keep up with that .

this game need little more speed i don't know why they hate speed it can be more dun . it would be more fun if they can make all boats little more faster .. but yeah keep .speeder and reaper speed in check

5. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

One major issue with Defender turret is that if you switch targets, it lazily floats to the new target and won't catch up if they are turning circles around you. Once you get the lock on then the turret speed is much faster.

But there are moments where you watch the turret so slowly try to keep up. It moves slowly up and down waves but never connects with the target. Such a pain in the ass.

RACK STAR, Sidd gamer and Flipscuba like this.
  6. Flipscuba

It needs more agility, either in turrets or whole boats. I don't mind my Defender being slow, it always has been. But before I could invest in a rudder and keep tracking my opponents. The devs, in their brilliance, have completely removed this option, and steadily nerfed my boat/turret agility into the ground.

7. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I've tried playing defender so many times... But it's just painfully slow, and a turning circle of a literal cruise liner.

My idea would be to give the Defender a stat unique to it - TORQUE. Basically, it'll give it a little boost for acceleration/reversing, so it's not at the mercy of every single torp and mortar, so there's at least a chance of dodging. Think of it as a supercharger, rather than a turbo. But built in, and ONLY on Defender.

8. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    why you need speed because now waves are more heavy . i have seen so many defender look like a stone even when they were moving trying to climb wave . thats enough to sink a defender if two players target it together .

but having speed on all boats will make this game more fun . at least acceleration need to be improve little bit . they can even increase projectile speed of all items to match boat speeds . but with speed everything is more fun . like Gatling gun the magazine is too slow like boats on this game and if the increase fire rate of Gatling gun it will be more fun . same about boat speed . just little bit of improvement people will have way to much fun then sinking a ship will be more satisfying because it will be challenging and you can also try to avoid mortars and cannon shots . so it will be more fun in both way .

Sidd gamer and Flipscuba like this.
  9. SlayerofSergeants

Give it more power going up waves from a standstill! (Forward or reverse)

10. Flipscuba

So those idiots DID make the waves bigger? Damn, I wasn't sure but given that I mainly use direct fire weapons (flare/cannons) I was having a massively harder time finding time to get hits off.

11. Flipscuba

Also, I disagree with you that the game as a whole needs more speed. The yellow boats have plenty of speed. More than enough speed. I wish they had significantly less speed.

12. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

Play Guardian. It’s the new better Defender. Problem = solved

HappyUnicorn789 and Sidd gamer like this.
  13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

They're busy spicing up everything good about this game and you think they'll fix defender issues they haven't fixed since 2017?

Play spammer.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Feb 2019
  14. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    you guys have never played any game with speed for sure :) trust me it can be way more fun .

but it doesn't matter if you or anyone agree or disagree . devs not gonna do anything .

Sidd gamer and Flipscuba like this.
  15. Flipscuba

Oof. So true it hurts.

RACK STAR likes this.
  16. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Idk about everyone else but for me i deal high damage with my defender.

And no, shooter and denfeder shouldn't get more agility, my speeder is nearly useless now, still hating the agility update, because im not like most speeder with grenade/flare + Ex/blast/grenade.

And if someone circle around you you still can catch them by moving your boat in a way that they can't track you too so....

17. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    Wow, made me think about how it was so much fun to play speeder because of the agility before the agility and turret rotation update. You could get right next to a shooter and literally never get hit as long as you were careful their turret didn't come close to you.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  18. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    What do you run on speeder? I run grenade and explosive cannon. It's so much fun but that moment of stress when the grenade crits and you have five seconds to make the hit is huge

19. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Frost-torp +mine, i can use Ex + flare, but that isn't what i wana play even though i get a higher average damage and it is easier.

20. SlayerofSergeants

Meh, not exactly. Circled by a speeder last night in my defender. I couldn't rotate fast enough to get them. He shot me though.

I used to be able to track before the train wreck agility update when I had my legendary rudder.

Aether_Zero likes this.