1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Valentines Deal for guild tokens

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BattleRascal, 14 Feb 2019.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Did anyone actually purchase this deal? US$19.99 for 10K guild tokens plus 2K for each of your guildmates.

My jaw dropped when I saw this deal yesterday. I wonder who make the decisions for these types of deals?
    This deal should have cost US$0.99
    I still wouldn't have bought this deal for 99 cents.

A $19.99 deal I actually would have purchased would have been 42,000 tokens for myself and every member of my guild. That is a meaningful gift to your guild mates since they will get one legendary spin from the gift.
    Giving your guild mates 2K tokens, not even enough for one raffle spin, is such a bad idea and I would love to hear the logic behind that decision.

Su-57, XQT, This Is Me and 1 other person like this.
  2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

GREED! No logic needed. Yet the devs sitting behind their desks wondering why the game is dying.

Su-57, nosesabe, PallabKumarS and 3 others like this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Odds are you'll get 1 rare teal piece, 250 uncommon parts, and an uncommon perk for your $20. I would rank that as officially the worst deal Rovio has ever put forth in this game. I'm not sure adding a zero to the tokens (100k) is significantly better.

Su-57, nosesabe, XQT and 3 others like this.
  4. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

Would've been a fabulous April Fools deal.

Scourge Argaen, Sewah, XQT and 2 others like this.
  5. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Agree, I also couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the offer. My first thought was they must've forgotten one zero from the end but honestly I can't imagine why anyone would buy the package even then. But it's nice to know Rovio thinks full storage of 200k guild tokens is worth $400 :D that makes them look so generous because people can save that many tokens in a week or two easily.

BattleRascal and TVNPryde like this.
  6. envylife

Their container deal gives 5x the tokens (10k) to your guildmates for 5x the cost, and you get the 8 containers for free!

7. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

From that math, 50k tokens equal 8 containers. But....I spent more than 230k tokens this quest rivalry for exactly 1 epic cells.

8. envylife

No doubt the raffle boards are fairly dry of opportunity. The last time I saw a raffle board I liked was early October. Not a single board since then has tilted toward red pieces, which, ironically, are 60% of all items. Rovio is consistently slanting Raffles toward Green and Teal items, while running events that favor Red/Blue/Yellow boats. It's another form of progression nerfing.

This Is Me and TVNPryde like this.
  9. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Yay... I totally feel like dropping $100 so I get an epic container and random people in my guild get... three raffle spins?

10. Ho Aerp

Ho Aerp New Member

Rovio will receive 0 money for giving us an idiot deal.

11. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Wow.... Just when I thought I'd seen the most idiotic non-micro-transaction, they truly out do themselves.

The infuriating thing is, if they offered say 10 levels for Interceptor/Reaper/Guardian for £10, I'd happily consider it.

The other day I bought an Xbox360 and the Gears of War collection of games for £40...

12. mustbeunique

mustbeunique New Member

Bad Bad Bad, just Bad

There was an offer epic crate for 1000 pearls.. If you look over 3 spot the same crate was 400 pearls...

13. envylife

It's 3 crates, and a fairly common offer. Instead of 1200 pearls for buying the crates individually, it's 1000 Pearls. The slightly better alternative is to save up for the Epic Container, where you are guaranteed an Epic Item and a Legendary Piece, even though it's a little more pricey per crate. Why you ask? I have a 33% chance of hitting nothing on the first 9 Premium Crates in an Epic Container, so the odds of me hitting nothing in a 3 crate deal is 99%. :eek:

Su-57 likes this.
  14. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    its like apple products these days , they ask more for less . lol