1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the point of infamy?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Phyzzicist, 11 Feb 2019.

1. Phyzzicist

Phyzzicist New Member

Hi,

I've been playing for over 2 years now. managed to get to 3k infamy. I'm now at 950 infamy. I am still getting put with players from nightmare league, and was even up against a guy who had 5k infamy. I had a 10 game loosing streak last night. What is the point of infamy if i am not matched with people of similar playing ability? No one will fleet with me from my guild because they have much lower weapons yet higher infamy. Could i please get an explanation as to why this is occurring?

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I ask that question every day. Did you take any breaks from the game? If you were 3k at one point, what was your Infamy 1 month ago? 2?
    In fact go to Discord and vote on my suggestions to fix this issue. Add a well thought out suggestion yourself while you are at it.

Phyzzicist likes this.
  3. guykakin

guykakin Member

Bc matchmaking is rng now... getting games w 400 inf players vs 4000

Phyzzicist likes this.
  4. Phyzzicist

Phyzzicist New Member

my infamy began to fall ever since the last update.

Unfortunately Guykakin, im the guy thats getting put with the 4k infamy. when i win it still feels hollow cause i contribute so little damage e.g.12k compared to 28k.
    I make no assumptions about my ability, im a solid 2.5k infamy player. consistent 3k infamy was in sight with the upgrades for my fixer loadout. im definitely not a nightmare player. Now its all gone to crap.

Envylife, i will act on your suggestion.

Thanks guys.

5. Phyzzicist

Phyzzicist New Member

No breaks from the game. im active daily playing anywhere between 10 and 100 games per day.

6. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

I'm holding out for the next update in hopes they fix the targeting and stalling bugs. I've completely given up on ranked mode for the reasons cited above in addition to what I've mentioned.

Honestly I think the game is dying. It's sad, because it used to be really fun game.

JediKnight1968 likes this.
  7. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    what is targeting and stalling bug you are facing ?

8. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Think basically so many players are leaving the game that there isn’t enough on at any one time to fill all the queues for different leagues so they gave to match different infamy players together now to stop game collapsing altogether.

This is partly why I cancelled my vip cause of match up issues and due to hardcore events not designed properly( only last ship used damage for quests for starters) and the fact devs seem to have stopped listening to players now. Hardly ever see dev posts on forums now compared to just after game first came out.

Su-57 likes this.
  9. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

My advice would be to reach an acceptable infamy level and stop playing ranked. They’ve made ranked MM so unpredictable that this is what I’m doing. Whenever I try to climb, I end up losing and it takes days to get back to where I started. So I’m just staying in Ace I so at least I get the season rewards. Hopefully they will fix this issue.??? It’s really sad to see friends who were at 3k and 4k drop to 1000 infamy and below.

Phyzzicist likes this.
  10. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Well... I loved it as it helped me to reach nightmare.
    I just did my best and I succeeded.

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This is really a rhetorical question, since the non-infamy matchmaking, obviously, undermines the entire infamy system — which is, for lack of a better word, stupid.

I think the issue is that Battle Bay isn’t really a competitive game — it’s a money making engine designed to ‘look like’ a competitive game. Infamy exists to encourage us to spend money, not to provide us with accurate rankings. This creates a disparity, since accurate rankings might occasionally be at odds with revenue, at which point Rovio will choose revenue, and to hell with fairness.

12. Phyzzicist

Phyzzicist New Member

I never looked at it that way before, but i think you are onto something there. That will help me sleep better at night. Thanks.

13. Phyzzicist

Phyzzicist New Member

Thats what i think i. will do. there are times when the matchmaking is conducive to my winning. i think i'll play competitive then and casual all other times. the trick will be not to get greedy.
    Sadly i was consistently in ACE 1. the rewards are good. now i am in warrior 1. stark contrast. no chance of levelling up legendary weapons....

14. You what

You what New Member

Have the same problems the game is STARTING To SUCK NOW