1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What’s the point of turbos past blue if there is a cap on ship speed

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kyoob Cubison, 7 Feb 2019.

1. Kyoob Cubison

Kyoob Cubison Member

I have a lvl 50 blue turbo with 3 purple turbo effect perks equipped. With this setup I can maximize the speed of any ship with their speed cap. If this is the case with blue turbos, why should anyone bother with epic or legendary turbos if blue already maximizes the speed of any ship? I have 6 lvl 1 epic turbos on standby, but I don’t want to expend resources to upgrading them only to find out that it will have the same effect as my current blue turbo.

RACK STAR likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

People mainly use them for the perk slots. If you have a high level turbo then you can replace some (or all) of the speed perks with hp and damage perks.

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

The extra health perks are nigh meaningless imo, and recourses to get those extra slots are better spent elsewhere.

Earel likes this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

That’s mostly true, however, towards the end of the game you have a lot of resources, and not much left to spend them on. I think you can add a little over 300hp which is worth having (even if it’s the last thing you do).

Nikkie! and PallabKumarS like this.
  5. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Software geek and developer
    *End Of The Game*
    Nice motivation lol

PallabKumarS and Nikkie! like this.
  6. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist

i think Higher level turbo should give better acceleration . then it will be useful .

7. Clarsach

Clarsach Member

I hear this. I’m a yellow boat lover. I’ve got a T4 epic turbo, two more epic turbos. But no incentive to upgrade to T5 because I’m topped out on speed for all ships. That’s a game balance fault imho. Acceleration would be nice. Or something.

8. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Haha yeah, can anyone give me a good reason to upgrade my turbo to t5 when my t4 looks like this:

IMG_20190208_110130.jpg

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

Better chance of getting gearscore matched against AM and Banderas? :rolleyes:

10. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Legendary items shine more

PallabKumarS likes this.
  11. guykakin

guykakin Member

I use t5r as my main. Have 4 t1 to t2 epics, just keep them to load out multiple ships in HCTDM. Otherwise they are the last on my level up list

12. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Seems strange that there's no acceleration stat on boats.