1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove the handcuffs please!

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Sswingle, 25 Jan 2019.

1. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

I'm a long time player. Maxed my shooter out about 1 1/2 years ago and then the developers completely changed the game. I have been struggling since the to maintain my infamy but it has steadily fallen and now I'm at an embarrassing low of 270 (once in the middle 2000's). I have good weapons but can't win for crap, cause I have to do all the work and it's just not possible. Can't team with anybody in my guild anymore (low infamy). At my low infamy, I'm playing others with infamy s of 2500 to 3000. My weapons have no power, I do better in the Casual games! So just stop the punishment and at least give me a chance. Sorry for whining all but I've had enough. Spent my fair share of change on this game and I need the handcuffs removed......

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree, Rovio should not have put you into this situation, and let you climb back out by putting you in matches of the Infamy you are at. Their Infamy tanking penalty is even more misguided today than it was when they implemented it last year

TheAntiSnipe and Sswingle like this.
  3. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Also agree. Quite a few folks in my guild have got caught up in the tanking rules too... I can attest they are genuine players who always try for the win, but something has gone monumentally screwy with matching since 4.2 dropped. I'm at 2400ish ATM, and I'm seeing players from anywhere between 1400-3000 in my matches, on both sides. Really starting to not be fun anymore

TheAntiSnipe and Sswingle like this.
  4. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

Thanks guys! I was afraid I would get hammered for complaining. Just wish the developers would see this and fix this BS.

5. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I agree, tanking penalties do not work properly and way too many innocent people suffer from that. I have also experienced weird matchmaking in ranked battles after 4.2 and people who have read my posts earlier know I have never ever complained about matchmaking before..

But after 4.2 the Infamy range used in ranked matchmaking seems ridiculous: 3k+ people are matched with below 2k people on regular basis. I believe that was made to keep waiting times reasonable when players are spread between different game modes (can't be sure obviously). I also recently dropped from 3,5k to as low as 2,8k but luckily I was able to climb back to 3k little later - and then I stopped playing ranked battles because I can't take risk to drop out of Ace I just when season rewards are significantly boosted. I'll just play casual and events until I can be sure to keep my spot in 3k +.

Sswingle and Aether_Zero like this.
  6. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Haha yeah, can be a bit tribal around here but you learn to roll with it eventually.
    It's not just been since 4.2 though... I've been playing for over a year (just after guilds were launched I think?!) But there's been issues with matchmaking since day 1, or so I've heard anyway. It's something I'm sure the Devs are aware of, but I dunno how it'll be sorted out. We all live in hope!

Sswingle and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. envylife

I'd rather have unreasonable wait times than unfair matches. One of my suggestions on Discord is a player preference where you can choose which you prefer.

I have at least one other outstanding suggestion about tightening up matchmaking deltas to make them more fair.

Please go to Discord and vote on all outstanding suggestions yay or nay, not just mine.

GigaBeard likes this.
  8. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

I sure will. Thank you!

9. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

Envy life, I went to BB discord but couldn't find my way to the surveys you mentioned. Can you send me a link?

10. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

@Swingle, go to the Toobers/BB discord, and on the side bar, go to the channel "Ask-The-Devs"... here you will find questions posed by players. You can then press the gold penta-kill symbol to upvote a question that you want answers. If a question receives enough upvotes, it will be answered in the "Ask-The-Devs-Responses" channel in a few days' time.

11. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

I too would rather wait a few more seconds for better/even matchmaking. Especially for ranked games where the stakes are higher. Matchmaking is often more of a determining factor than how one plays the match. I've been in countless matches where I killed it and the rest of the team sucked out or the other team was just OP and we didn't have a chance.

I like the idea put forth earlier about making it a setting.

12. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    wait time is still bad

13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i am 1k infamy player reached it few days ago and i started getting battles against ace league players . they just sink us so easily . there was no other option left then increase boat hp and upgrade items . its feel like if they are trying to manipulate players to spend money to level up item faster to win against higher ranked players .

because if they did it to reduce match making time then sorry its still same and now because we have 3 different style battles to play some play event some casual some ranked . players are divided in 3 so match making still take time .

and game server is also not strong enough to handle big traffic specially last hours of events . so much lag in game .

Sswingle likes this.
  14. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

Now I'm down to infamy 150 and battling players with infamous over 3000. WTF..... My team wins a battle once in a while, maybe 1 out of 4, but the rest are losses. Am I purposely getting teamed against better players. This is not tolerable!

15. envylife

Exactly. So if we wait long and the match is completely unbalanced it's like adding insult to injury. Might as well wait a few extra seconds than waste 5 minutes in a bad match.

16. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

I am on the same boat as you, Ive seen a lot of capt lvl 50 with infamy less than 100 and quite a few of them zero. So I was wondering wtf, but it just happened to me too. In 2 days I dropped from 2400 to 1200 and now there's no winning whatsoever unless I do quat or penta kill. I still battle against ACE I and sometimes NM leagues