1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Take a moment to thank the devs for $$ you've saved!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xArrogance, 29 Jan 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I'd like to take a quick moment to thank the devs!

Some might view recent changes as greed-driven or moves of desperation ... but I'd like to point out one area where they've graciously forgone profit for the benefit of their players' bank accounts.

THE INVENTORY!
    Imagine a player's inventory is like their stomach.

When it's empty, they are hungry .. and they are very tempted to buy food (or more items).

When it's full, they're not tempted to buy more food - especially food at premium airport or stadium prices!

Screenshot_20190128-061334_Battle Bay.jpg

That's one full stomach .. and it's been like that for several months.

I have extra-stuffed that stomach:
    I have 84/85 spots filled, every ship filled, and more duplicates not pictured .. I have even saved the 6th duplicate in item achievements to save space, as well as attach every perk despite the savage cost (because it could be several months before another epic perk of that type pops up in the shop) ..

Anywho, with no room for new items (and no point expanding the inventory to add to the backlog), they have literally saved me about $1000 that I would have otherwise spent on e. containers over the last several months!

So, I'd like to say thank you!

And you should too --
    • If there are 1000 players like me, they've saved players about $1,000,000!
    • If there are 2000 that have saved $500, that's a million saved.
    • If there are 10,000 players that saved $100, that's another million.

I know .. I know .. Some of you pessimists might think they're trying to squeeze money out of players, but how could it be ...?

1) If you've already built up 4-8 epics from the cells you've collected along the way, who would spend ~$115 USD in daily powercell offers to level up each additional set of duplicates?! That's insane.

It would cost me well over $1000 in offers to clear my inventory of the items that I didn't care to prioritize .. :D I doubt many are doing that.

They obviously know that players might be willing to spend hundreds or thousands over time on new or better items ... but they also know there's no chance that the vast majority of players are going to pay hundreds or thousands for powercells to level items that they already paid a substantial amount to get in the first place!

Some might buy one powercell offer - if they're desperate for one more item - but that's nothing compared to what thousands of players are saving by allowing it to sit full.

2) If they didn't want your inventory stuffed full ....
    • Why would they give you 15 different item pieces to store in the same window ...?
    • Why would they make epic perks so rare unless they wanted you storing most of the ones you find ...?
    • Why would they make it a foolish waste of powercells to condense your inventory by leveling items to T2 or T3 (or as you get them) ...?
    • Why would they only give you enough powercells to do a few max epic items a year ...?

3) Obviously, as much as they want to shift balance, switch metas and keep the game fresh, they know it would push away the hundreds of players that can't level up different items .... so, they graciously give all that up to save us money!

Just think of all the money powercells have saved players .. and take a moment to thank a dev!

2. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Great to see a full inventory that’s neatly organised! If there’s one thing I hate, it’s a messy inventory

Ultrah, Sidd gamer, Nikkie! and 2 others like this.
  3. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

im not sure if this is sarcastic or not :p

4. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

No seriously lol I hate pics of messy inventory’s lol

R4Z0R likes this.
  5. Guillermo Gallegos

Guillermo Gallegos New Member

Thanks dev for ruining the game. Why did you have to max out turrets and ship agility? Speeders and enforcers lost the only advantage to shooters. Now that everyone and their moms are shooters. Its no fun anymore.. shooters have 15 red squares for weapons, when speeder has 2 and enforcer has 3.

Sidd gamer and R4Z0R like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Haha, nice callout. I've also got 85 full inventory slots, and waiting for cells has also held me back from buying containers while waiting to build what I have.

Inventory cost is excessive, and power cells are unbalanced amongst rarities. No one has ever run out of Commons or Uncommon cells, and I don't think I'll ever run out of Legendary cells (because pieces are excessively hard to come by). That leaves Rare and Epic cells plugging up all progression in the game, and have likely been responsible for revenue reduction in BB.

7. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I have 100 slots and next 5 is almost 3k pearls. How do you expect people to play multiple ships if you can’t even expand the inventory?

Epic power cells? This subject has been sounding off in deft ears. The devs expect everyone to spend like Bunta, Banderas, and AM. I wonder how much the BB team members spend in other games?

Flipscuba likes this.
  8. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I need 4990 pearls and I will have a very happy stomach.

Help I Cant Swim, Nikkie! and R4Z0R like this.
  9. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Oh and if I play long enough, there are 8k pearls just waiting for me to win 10k matches with every ship XD XD XD

R4Z0R likes this.
  10. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

There indeed was a drastic change in the game, fundamentlly.
    Allowing players to camp at a given infamy and collect rewards.
    Matchmaking will suffer, The smaller the pool the worse matchmaking will get.

The gap between nightmare and ace will increase substantially.
    Making matchmaking even worse.
    Prepair to be at 3k and have players under 1000 in your game, Even with out fleeting.
    937F7631-B788-4830-853C-DBBC7E2AAE7A.png
    And no fleeting. Plus they are great players!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.