1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please do something about MINES

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by RecklessPie, 28 Jan 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you think mines need a damage nerf?

1. Yes

61.0%
  2. No

39.0%
  1. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Fair points, you should try suggesting it on discord

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. RecklessPie

RecklessPie Member

I don’t think that would be a good solution. That would make mines strong against people with a lot of health early on and useless late game. I think a flat damage cut would be a much simpler solution. But as they stand now they simply do too much damage. They can do 75%+ of my health on my speeder, fixer, and basically 1 shot my interceptor. It’s just not logical to have the strongest weapon be something that requires no aim or skill. It offers not just HUGE damage but utility and can wall off people from getting into the fight.

Nikkie! and Sidd gamer like this.
  3. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea. Might have to add that the detonating mines don't do any damage if unfriends are nearby cos you know I can spam a few near a group and spam the rest to detonate the first few around unfriends. Mines with manual trigger potential are..... OP :cool:

Nikkie!, R4Z0R and Sidd gamer like this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Making them less effective later in the game was kind of the idea. Part of what makes mines so stupid, is when you have a close game (like a 2v2) that has lots of tactics and strategy going on, and then suddenly a Mine wipes someone out, and basically ruins the game. Having the player instead lose a percentage of their health, would still be punishing, and might give their opponents the upper hand, but it would no longer just decide the game for everyone.

However, I am inclined to agree with you, that a flat damage nerf would be just as good, and much more likely to happen.

5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Like I said in my old thread that you all disagreed with me, make it lasts only for 30s and it doesn't explode when it's time runs out,

And maybe you have to touch them physically so that they do damage, but that is bad because of latency and blah blah blah.....etc

Nikkie! likes this.
  6. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Making mines %damage to person hit would just be punishing defenders yet again. It is easy to lay mines around a defender as defenders are slow and now we lost defense and never been buffed at all it just be making what advantage we have disappear totally. Defenders suffer enough as it is as we only get to do the achievements for weapons as shields don’t have any at all so most of blue items we use don’t reward us long term like healer items or yellow items for enforcers/speeders.

7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Or just leave them as they are.
    A grenade plus explosive cannon will do the same amount of damage, and is much more likely to hit than the stationary mine!

Maybe a new blue shield, called a hull shield which reduces impact of torpedoes and mines would be an alternative option

Nikkie!, Ho Aerp, R4Z0R and 2 others like this.
  8. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I think some clarification is needed here. There is regular mine use, and then event mine use. I am ok with regular mine use. Even if someone wants to equip 3 or 4 of them. In events with respawns, mines are SO effective that people will spam them and die, but get a crazy amount of damage. Sometimes it wins it for them and sometimes it does not. Events (specifically TDM) are chaotic and it is harder to see where you are going most times.

I wonder if the answer is just to have all mines expire 30 seconds after the player dies. That would take care of a lot of the issue. Kudos to the all mine player who can stay alive and drop them strategically.

The other non-nerf approach is to give the weapon a counter. We have asked for this for so long. Any type of mine-sweep or let us shoot at it.... anything would work. I think that one of the guardian's teal weapons could clear mines within a certain radius.

9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    nobody stupid enough to move over a mine but when all map filled with mines even respawn area then you can't say nobody dumb enough to move over mines .

10. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I think not just Mine but Torpedoes also need a nerf maybe you are not gonna agree . but trust me torpedoes don't required skills when someone spam . i have seen some shooter with all big torpedoes and triple torpedoes . they keep firing them from distance and avoiding one torpedo is a different think but when you are fighting against other player who are at close range and someone spamming tripple and big torpedoes like 6-7 torpedoes in total . avoiding them is difficult and they do massive dmg . you can't fire cannons in that way they have short range you have to get closer risk health but those torpedoes spammer stay safe at distance even long range mortar sometimes can't reach because you have to go throw unfriendly team .

and my friend is using legendary mine its just t1 but still deal 3.5k dmg . maybe at nightmare level 3.5k dmg don't sounds big but at 1k infamy mostly boats need 2 hits

11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i will send you mine spamming screenshot . it look like you have not played any event yet. you have never saw every inch of map filled with mines where you may think should i even touch my steering control to move it .

12. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Torpedos definitely do not need a nerf.
    They have a steep learning curve and are very hard to use effectively at the end game.
    The all Torp shooter you mentioned is great from a distance, but if he gets up close and personal with anyone he will get smoked

Nikkie!, Sidd gamer, R4Z0R and 2 others like this.
  13. Guillermo Gallegos

Guillermo Gallegos New Member

They already do, you cant put more than a certain amount

14. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

is that so? in ranked or event? I've never heard of it

15. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    REALLY

( and this not the worse example )

Attached Files:

Nikkie! and R4Z0R like this.
  16. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    well then we should not complaint about mine spammers because they have all mines and if he get closer he will be sinked .

and who told you mine don't need skills . one of my speeder friend is very skilled using mines .

but big Torpedo and Mine both destroyed game when they do spamming . you can avoid one or two but you can't avoid 8-10 torpedoes coming towards you same as all map filled with mines .

17. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Spam of any kind can ruin a game! But nerfing stuff because they’re spammed is a dumb idea and can kill an item for non spammers.
    Don’t ruin stuff in the fight against spam

Nikkie!, Sidd gamer, Ash KOT and 2 others like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The fight is not against minespammers.

It is against minespammers in the Event.

In Ranked, minespammers never risk their necks, in Events they never have the time to set those stupid spammy minefields.

In events, they can die, respawn, spam again, and so on.

Torpspam is limited by the death of the spammer. Minespam is not.

This is why minespam in the event needs a nerf.

Mines, as they are... Are okay. However, a weapon that does vast amounts of damage post-death in a respawn-type event... Is not.

Nikkie!, guykakin, envylife and 3 others like this.
  19. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    how effective mine spamming work in events . i saw to players one is really popular but i am not gona mentioned his name but you can easily follow him to sink . he and his guild mate both are auto dots they have similar setups and they have napalm and mine on the shooter . they run from one side of the map to other side. keep dropping mines and napalm . i have seen 24-25k dmg by them sometimes they are doing more dmg then players who are actually controlling boats . thanks to legendary mines they have on boats .

Torpedo spamming is annoying. big torpedo do huge dmg and sometimes player don't even get proper chance to have fight against unfriendly because two shooter spamming all big torps pushing team backwards . and sinking the boat not change anything because they gonna respawn and start spamming lol .

i am ok with other weapons at least you can have a battle because you have clear sea to move around . mines and torpedo just limit your area in event .

20. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

My opinion of torps may be a little biased as I love using em lol
    a few members have already defended thier status as non op but I’d like to add to it in defence of anyone spamming big torps from a distance lol the further they’re fired from the easier they are to avoid. an enemy in the back spamming torps, for me, is one less enemy to be concerned with
    Big torp is far more effective used up close and players who’ve realised this I can’t imagine using only torpedos?

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe and R4Z0R like this.