1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nightmare 1 rewards are INSANE

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 28 Jan 2019.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Battle_Bay_2019-01-28-13-48-54.png
    Normal ranks^^

Battle_Bay_2019-01-28-13-53-09.png
    World rank 1

Pretty damn neat!

Looks like it's time to do 5k!

Djradnad, PallabKumarS, R4Z0R and 9 others like this.
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Also resetting them to 5k is massive. Basically you can get to 5k and coast with unbelievable rewards.

3. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Wow. Pretty wow:eek:.

Looks like Nightmare League is waiting to welcome me;):cool:.

#Hype For Reaching Nightmare League Intensifies:):cool:

TheAntiSnipe and Nikkie! like this.
  4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Finally, a decent chance of PROGRESSION!!

5. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

NERF INCOMING !

6. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

So true! Just like what happened to the raffle and the item part box.

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yay, so now instead of being consistently out-matched in Gear Score in Events by 2000+, I can be out-matched even more!

WHAT THE @$#%, wcc634, Su-57 and 3 others like this.
  8. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

I think it makes sense because legendary weapons were looking kind of lame after the Epic item buff, so it looks like Rovio just values legendaries less now and gives them out easier

Yeah I would have had it to reset to 4500 or something, because climbing 1000 infamy in two weeks is kind of a lot, but you wouldn't be able to coast at 5k especially now that Casual queue exists

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  9. capphil11

capphil11 Member

I think the reset should be to 4999 or something similar. It should not be possible for someone to maintain NL1 without playing a ranked game in a given season and just doing events and casual to reap rewards continuously. Should be a very easy change.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  10. envylife

Well you could cost if you get into 5k and never play a ranked match again.

Overall I like the moves Rovio has made to sweeten league rewards and ranked battle rewards to incent players to play ranked again after being trained away from it for so long int he perpetual events... but is it enough? What about being forced to re-qualify for the league each season to earn the rewards rather than allowing players to coast?

And I was thinking of exactly this.... for all leagues in fact... but not sure it's good enough being that there's a 50/50 shot you play one ranked match and re-qualify. It's a little better than nothing. I was thinking more Infamy decay over the course of a season related to how many ranked vs non-ranked battles. I don't think players should be punished for not playing but if they are actively playing non-ranked and never ranked, we know they are active, and should need to play some ranked matches to re-qualify, else get demoted... gradually though... I'd hate to see a bunch of 5k players playing nothing but non-ranked matches for weeks and wind up at 1k Infamy... then start playing. (answer: Infamy floors)

capphil11 likes this.
  11. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Then why not make every player re-qualify for every league? You worked that hard to make it to the top then it's your choice whether to try for top 10 or not. You can buy the weapons but you can't buy the skill to make it that far. There are plenty of players with high level weapons that don't make 4k. Same as there are people with lesser items over 4k. Who does it hurt if they play ranked or not once they make it to NML 1 or 2? I used to not worry about how far over 4k I would go because of the reset so I played a lot of events and casual, now I'm going to play ranked more and see if I can make 5k eventually. If the game continues to grow they might add a 3rd tier at 6k, and then NML 1 will play to make 6k. If you care about what the players in the league above you do you just sound jealous and need to focus on what you need to do to make NML and worry about things that affect you.

12. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Ah ridiculously high rewards that I’ll never reach in mobile games... how wonderful...

Nikkie!, XQT and R4Z0R like this.
  13. envylife

Eh, I think you misread my post. My recommendation was for all leagues, and for this reason: Leagues are based on ranked matches. If no one is playing ranked matches, then what is the meaning of Leagues? And thus, what's the meaning of Infamy? And lets not forget Infamy numbers change over time as players come, go, and evolve. As long as the entire player base is regularly regularly contributing to Infamy via ranked matches then all is good, but that has not been the case for months now.

14. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

haha I can relate :p

15. Grand_Paladin

Grand_Paladin Active Member

Atm only 37 players are at nml1 ,, will see how the numbers are going to grow,,, i dont expect it to be higher than 300 for at least the next few months, so its still relatively a small portion of players, Not to mention that a portion of those who reach nml1 wont be able to stay there all the time. will see how things are going to develop

Nikkie!, Djradnad and R4Z0R like this.
  16. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

If that’s 37 in this season, you have another 5 that have cleared 5k already this season. It’s a pretty slow trickle into NML 1, all big names you’ll recognize ;)

Nikkie! and R4Z0R like this.
  17. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

What’s the battle bonus percentage tho?

19. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

160%

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe and Djradnad like this.