1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New item idea esp to counter mine spams

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Reorge, 28 Jan 2019.

1. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Due to the severe frost and tesla bolt nerf most yellow users stopped using them altogether and shifted to OB and dual nitros/TS. They definitely need more variety. Not to mention mines are currently getting out of hand. So I'm suggesting these new yellow items:
    1. Wave bolt/blow gun/Wave blower - creates a small wave that sinks in underwater projectiles and pushes the enemies away.
    • The wave will have a minimum range like Torpedoes to work. It will fade away after reaching the max range. The pushing power won't be too high. Radius similar to a Tesla shield. Slot points - 1.
    • The wave will sink in and defuse every enemy mines and underwater projectiles like torpedoes in it's way.
    • Stats after maxed training: CD- 12-16 seconds, Range- 14-16.
    • Upgrading will increase it's pushing power, range or speed. Perks would increase it's speed, range or radius.
    2. Whirlpool launcher - launches a bolt that forms a whirlpool slowly dragging the enemies to the center and sinks in underwater projectiles in an area.
    • Mortar type item. Projectile speed similar to big berta. Radius similar to napalm or less.
    • The affected area will sink in and defuse every enemy mines and underwater projectiles that goes through it and also may eliminate napalms.
    • Stats after maxed training: CD- 15-17 seconds, Range- 20-25, Duration- 8-10 seconds.
    • Upgrading will increase it's pulling power and/or duration. Perks would increase it's range or duration.
    I just suggested the idea. Some balancing maybe needed. Sorry couldn't find a better name for them.
    I have suggested this on the 'Battle bay: The Toobers' group on discord. If you like my suggestion then please help by voting on it there. T.i.a.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2019
  2. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

I don't get it...are u saying they could diffuse enemy mines or all mines? these items could be used in conjunction with mines, just "wave" em into ur mine or torp or napalm or big berty? unless u have written above that these will not be allowed to work? just confirming

3. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant to say the wave will defuse every enemy mines and underwater projectiles till the maximum range and same with the whirlpool

R4Z0R likes this.
  4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I corrected it now :D

5. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

What would happen to boats caught in whirlpool? I feel they should have extreme reduced mobility if fighting against the whirlpool?

Never mind lol you covered enemies in the first line lol I just missed it

Reorge likes this.
  6. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    Too much , there's simple solution for this issue , with make a difference for friend and unfiend mines problem solved

Much more simple solution , avoid all mines at all cost , exception when you are confident those mines are your team possession

GigaBeard and R4Z0R like this.
  7. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

easier said than done tho

Reorge and Suraj69k like this.
  8. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    Indeed

R4Z0R likes this.
  9. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Idea about making friendly and unfriendly mines to look different has been suggested numerous times already :). If avoiding mines were that easy then mines wouldn't be this overused and not literally everyone would be complaining about it.
    And most importantly my post doesn't provide the solution of mine spam ONLY but 2 complete new items for yellow users which is something they desperately need. Sure it may not be perfect and that is why I mentioned "some balancing may be needed".

R4Z0R and PallabKumarS like this.
  10. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Yep, upgrading would increase it's dragging power or duration

R4Z0R likes this.