1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Would Battle Bay Devs Change The Game?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 8 Sep 2018.

1. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Yeah, I understood you meant weapon achievements
    But still how would it be reset?
    Once with an update everything for everyone?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

A guild of 25 can be difficult to maintain. Imagine how many "floaters" a 50 man guild will have that will go unnoticed by the leaders.
    Currently my guild is having trouble just reaching 25 players who actually contribute.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. T rx

T rx New Member

It can be managed with the help from officer

There are many guild in bb (around 133k not sure though just approximation) and players are distributed among them and its very difficult for player to find a guild of his match

A big guild will have good stability which can give room to any player ( from lvl 1to50) to grow.

Last edited: 28 Nov 2018
    Sidd gamer and JoshW like this.
  4. BrubbridiMessina

BrubbridiMessina New Member

[QUOTE = "YerJokinArnYer, post: 173878, membro: 13315"] A meno che tu non stia vivendo su un altro pianeta, sarai a conoscenza dei recenti cambiamenti e del tumulto che è scoppiato. Molti giocatori sono infelici e si chiedono cosa stessero pensando gli sviluppatori. Questo post è un tentativo di speculare su cosa potrebbe essere successo.

Quando è stato lanciato Battle Bay, era popolare. Ha guadagnato molti nuovi utenti e la nuova esperienza utente è stata fantastica. Brillava contro i suoi rivali.

Avanzare rapidamente fino a tempi recenti e (pre aggiornamento) il mondo è cambiato moltissimo. La nuova esperienza utente in BB non è buona (troppi pochi nuovi giocatori, troppe navi ad alta potenza a bassa infamia). Giochi come PUBG e Fortnite sono immensamente popolari e sono molto difficili da competere. Battle Bay lotta per dare un'occhiata.

Quindi, strategia saggio: cosa dovevano fare gli sviluppatori?
    • Lascia che il gioco continui com'era? O
    • Fai qualcosa di radicale per renderlo più attraente per i nuovi giocatori?

So (I believe) the Devs thought that making the pace of the game faster would make it more appealing. They tested the new agility (and control method) with new players and it rated well. They gave us a high agility event and they received a lot of positive feedback - though people were probably feeding back on the suitability on high agility for an event, rather than suitability for it becoming ‘the new normal’.

And so they launch v3.2, and many players are ‘up in arms’, very angry with the change. The game they love has massively changed. Devs are shocked, they are not expecting such a response.

So what do the Devs do next?
    • They can roll back to the old rules - accepting lower new players and an inevitable slide to obscurity
    • Persist with the new rules - accepting that some old players will leave, but that the game will attract more new players and last longer than the roll back option.
    • Something in between?

Obviously it is a big decision.

And what can players do next?
    Ultimately our decisions are crucial.
    • We could insist on going back to the old rules - but that may be ‘winning the battle but losing the war’. Ie we get what we want, but watch the game continue to be struggle to attract new players, and suffer a slow decline in players. Continue to read threads about ‘who do we miss in the game’, or why Player Y has quit to play something else.
    • We could give the new rules a chance. Take our boats out, and see if we can adjust to these higher abilities - giving the game its best chance of capturing those new players, and having a successful longer term future.
    • We can give constructive feedback on the forum - regardless of whether we agree with the enhanced agility or not; or
    • We can give harsh criticism on the forum - telling the Devs how stupid they are
    Quella scelta è nostra. Io (nella mia ipotesi) credo che se vogliamo che Battle Bay abbia successo, allora dobbiamo dare una possibilità alle nuove regole e dare a Devs il tempo di prendere una decisione informata sui loro prossimi passi. Dobbiamo fidarci degli sviluppatori.

Alcune persone non saranno d'accordo. Quelli possono cadere in due campi
    • I giocatori che pensano che Devs ha bisogno di fare qualcosa di radicale per garantire la sopravvivenza a lungo termine, ma che questa era l'opzione sbagliata per farlo
    • I giocatori che credono che Devs possa aver lasciato il gioco com'era, non sono preoccupati di come potrebbero essere reclutati nuovi giocatori.
    Quindi, per favore, posso chiederti di considerare e commentare su:
    • I Devs dovevano fare qualcosa di radicale per ottenere nuovi giocatori (in competizione con PUBG e Fortnite)
    • E se credi che lo abbiano fatto, allora cosa avrebbero potuto fare.
    Per favore non posso avere messaggi 'l'aggiornamento è spazzatura'. Ci sono molti altri thread per questo, e sarebbe fuori tema per questo thread. [/ QUOTE]
    VERGOGNA ROVIO GIOCO TRUCCATO E FALSO

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The forums were chalk full of users making suggestions and offering constructive feedback, along with outright complaining about the changes starting with v3.2, but the Devs literally ignored it all and just bulled ahead with their plan. After the complaining didn't die down, the Devs left the forums... so it's just an echo chamber at this point.

R4Z0R, RACK STAR, TVNPryde and 4 others like this.
  6. BrubbridiMessina

[QUOTE = "envylife, post: 194383, membro: 8512"] I forum erano pieni di utenti che facevano suggerimenti e offrivano feedback costruttivi, oltre a lamentarsi apertamente dei cambiamenti a partire dalla v3.2, ma gli sviluppatori lo hanno letteralmente ignorato e appena fatto un passo avanti con il loro piano. Dopo che le lamentele non sono diminuite, gli sviluppatori hanno lasciato i forum ... quindi a questo punto è solo una camera di eco. [/ QUOTE]

7. BrubbridiMessina

Il ROVIO dovrebbe dire che se vuoi andare avanti in questo gioco è divertente spendere soldi, allora sarai trattato bene, se i soldi non ti spendono a trattarti, le battaglie sono truccate, il sistema è falso. ROVIO VERGOGNA

8. lumo

lumo New Member

I‘m soon leaving this game. Winning just got barely possible and constantly you have to play against players with 500 to 800 infamy more....
    Everyone is now running around with the gold weapons because of these stupid events...
    Many more in my guild are thinking of leaving...

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. envylife

The devs have this idea that an 800 Infamy spread is reasonable in a ranked match. Players know otherwise. I've put a suggestion on Discord on this topic a couple of times, specifically to keep the Infamy spread to be a more reasonable 10% of Infamy, but the response is always: but players want faster matchmaking. I disagree, I want fairer matchmaking. If you are 2000 Infamy they think it's reasonable to match you from 1200-2800 depending on the match, a 1600 spread, which is nearly the amount of one's entire Infamy... it makes no sense.

Most of what is happening in the game today is pandering to P2W players with already maxed out gear, where an 800 Infamy spread is nothing. Scaling of Rewards and matchmaking has been a persistent sore spot.

10. lumo

lumo New Member

in the last 25 games I lost 21 times... and no I‘m not playing dumb. Maybe its just a game to delete because the owners broke it...

ShipCrusherCz, Sidd gamer and R4Z0R like this.
  11. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

Our devs team dont play this game much anymore. Not publically. They are burnt out on our communities whining and negativity. Not my words. This is straight from a player in the complete know. Who is friends with them. So they think our community kind of sucks. So they aren't in forums. Has anyone else noticed they hardly answer suggestions anymore in Toobers?
    The common thread here. Is they know better.

The game is still a good waste of 15minutes here or there. Or a good hour or two if you have that to spare.

Fun game that way.

But when it first started: the game was amazing. And e sports worthy.

I do wish they listened to the community more. We are passionate about the game. And play it more often that they do.

Much more.

Nikkie! and Sidd gamer like this.
  12. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

we need some like other gaming developer company that is willing to buy this game for however much it is worth and save it, I like the game but its flaws are pretty unignorable... (if thats even a word)

ShipCrusherCz, Sidd gamer and Nikkie! like this.
  13. lumo

lumo New Member

Thats sadly how it is in today about people complaining. But still the devs earn money with this so its a poor sign of them to just ignore complaints and „healthy critics or input“.

RACK STAR likes this.
  14. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

I must add. My comments were hearsay. I don't know the developers personally. Only heard it from a friend.

But it does make sense with how little the developers mingle with our community. And come off highly plausible. Legal term. More than 50 percent likely.

Imho.

15. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

75% of statistics are made up on the spot.

And to be honest, Am very surprised they let this bash thread continue.

16. envylife

This is unfortunate to hear. But let's face it, the complaints are a direct result of the devs doing what they want instead of listening to the community, a vicious cycle.

Zeus does answer all the approved suggestions on Discord, but they require voting to get to Zeus' inbox... go vote!

Also Zeus is doing a live interview in a couple days, to answer even more questions.