1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Autopilot is destorying the game

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by REAL", 23 Jan 2019.

1. REAL"

REAL" Member

Recently some players are using autopilot + mine + defender to grind resources in event match

Like this:
    https://replay.battlebay.net/WZMLWRLR#MBRRWWPY

It is not a post to blame anyone or to identify if they are bot or not ( but honestly we all know that it is quite difficult for human to throw mine in constant speed and angle in every match)

My point is that autopilot can be used for SUICIDE gameplay of grinding resources . It destroys the fun of others and is very unfair to the teammates who try their best to fight a match.

Therefore, I urge dev to remove or prohibit autopilot in rank match and event match in order to provide good gameplay environment.

Open for discussion

Last edited: 23 Jan 2019
  2. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    why need auto pilot at first place ?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. REAL"

REAL" Member

Actually I believe the majority of players don't need it

4. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

https://replay.battlebay.net/SGMRSQJT#TTFRRZVD

https://replay.battlebay.net/DQZBQXHD#TTFRRZVD

https://replay.battlebay.net/GMWPTTBP#TTFRRZVD

5. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

My opinion is to immediately remove the "auto" button, otherwise you are abetting players bots !!!

R4Z0R likes this.
  6. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

I'm having one or two at least every other game. Have been reporting in game, but we all know that's utterly pointless.
    Utterly frustrating when you enter a game, see one of half a dozen names you know are doing this and that it'll be 4vs5 as soon as you start

7. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I never figured out why dev wanted to prioritize this feature leaving far more important issues untouched and wondered who uses this function.
    Now I know who needs this. It's a good for bots or players who bother to play seriously lol

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure they added autopilot, camera relative steering, and boosted agility, in an attempt to smooth the learning curve for new players, to convert more app downloads into customers.

Battle Bay is actually quite a difficult game to control for some people. You have a ship and turret moving independently, which requires quite good spacial rotation. I do think that a lot of people who install the game, just spend a few mins bumping into walls, and then immediately uninstall, because it’s annoying to learn.

I don’t know how well this plan worked. Even when your ship drives itself, you still need to deal with the targeter (which after a year of playing, and 11k games, I still have no idea how to control). :rolleyes:

I have, personally, removed autopilot from my interface so that I don’t accidentally click it, but I don’t think it’s a bad feature... I think the amount of time and effort that must have gone into programming it, was a colossal waste; but it’s not ‘bad’.

However, people abusing it to grind events while AFK, is definitely bad: an issue that people predicted here, literally, the day it was released. Although most of the warnings were lost under the mountain of salt that followed the accompanying agility-fail.

It is ironic that the devs would put so much effort into developing a feature, that would otherwise make an automated ‘bot’ impossible. For anyone wanting to develop a bot, Rovio did the hard part for them.

However, let’s not forget that there is another component to this — Mines. The fact that someone could potentially AFK, leave a program to click Mine, and still walk away with decent damage, really serves to illustrate just how stupidly overpowered Mines have become.

It’s a shame, because I like using Mines, I like the idea of Mines being used strategically, but I can’t envision any implementation where strategic placement of Mines can exist without mindless spamming being just as powerful (if not more so).

This might be controversial, but I’ve started to feel that Mines should just be removed from the game, or nerfed into some niche build that you hardly ever see (like Frost). I say this as someone who has a legendary Mine, and is on the way to getting a 2nd legendary. Unless the devs can think of a way to make Mines useful, without spam being even more useful, the game would be better off without them.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2019
  9. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

you stole my words bro... +1

Nikkie! and ViscountSniffit like this.
  10. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Yes I also find autopilot totally unnecessary and can't see why anyone would use it after they have learnt the basic movement controls. Maybe they could automatically disable autopilot once someone has played 100+ battles.

However, I still wouldn't say it's the autopilot that's guilty here. It's the players who are abusing it like this. Yes, autopilot might make it easier for them but that doesn't mean it's allowed to abuse the weakness of the system. Best way they could solve the issue is by taking swift action against the abusers and after that evaluate the need for autopilot again.

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Agreed. I never understood why autopilot is available until now: perfect for coin farming bots. In hindsight it was inevitable.

Nikkie!, R4Z0R and Ultrah like this.