1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defloat the Floaters

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Suraj69k, 17 Jan 2019.

1. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Software geek and developer
    Hey guys we all the the bay has some nasty ships called floaters.:p
    They destroy the game for the other 4 players which is NOT tolerable.:mad::mad:
    So give ideas if any to erradicate :cool:them.
    My personal suggestion is to : NOT give infamy when WIN.
    -50(double) the infamy when LOST:rolleyes:

envylife, Antony and RACK STAR like this.
  2. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

Every floater in the game is not trying to reduce their infamy. Sometimes, players can experience internet issues which can make their game to crash. This has happened to me a lot therefore i can understand from their perspective. I know it is unfortunate but this is something we have to get over. Everybody does not have a stable internet.

3. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

True I agree but not 3 to 5 times in a row!!
    we could implement someting clever like that

4. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

I don’t agree, he shouldn’t play if he has bad connection. Why other hard playing users have to get damaged because of someone’s bad connection . Frankly speaking it’s his own problem that he should’ve have resolved before enter the game. If you lost connection don’t try second

Last edited: 17 Jan 2019
  5. DerrickRose

Yes I still believe there should be some sort of in game punishment no matter what

Antony likes this.
  6. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I've played with a connection that seemed fine. I got in the battle I was rolling around merrily shooting at enemies when I realized that I wasn't doing any damage. Furthermore the enemies were completely ignoring me! I was a ghost! Once all of my teammates were dead, I drove over to our spawn location to watch the enemies shoot at and destroy a ship that wasn't there, ME!

Sometimes you have started a battle and your wife accidentally pours boiling water on her foot! Woe be to the fool who decides to complete the boat game at the peril of his wife's wraith!

Point is that circumstances can be out of our control. Don't assume floaters are there to tank infamy or bear you malice.

When there is a floater, the best you can do is report and move along. I presume developers will note and punish repeat offenders.

Nikkie!, Sifa, R4Z0R and 3 others like this.
  7. DerrickRose

Bro, I agree most of part but this,
    Devs don't do it and there is no announcement or record that they've done such a thing. If they are too busy to read a log then just implement in-game punishment would be easier so floaters get double infamy lose no matter what

Antony likes this.
  8. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Maybe you guys have perfect Internet connection and a separate device just to play Battle bay . because sometimes i get disconnected when i receive any phone call or if internet is going down .

rather then doing something against players i think they should made some changes in game . if i have low connection game should suggest it before entering the battle . its mostly show that orange or red sign when i enter the battle .

9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    its because game don't show low connection before entering the battle . it look fine . you can chat to people , invited/accept fleet .

then you go to maps , its shows everything right . friend vs unfriendly list everything right .

then you get inti battle you move the boat and orange or red icon appears . this mean low connection . don't you think it should appear before entering the battle so players don't even enter into battle .

10. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    If most floaters (floating on purpose) are there to tank infamy, losing double will not solve the problem. If they are floating for 3 minutes, I say make them lose 0 infamy win or lose with no rewards OR give the floaters teammates lose a few less infamy points.

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. DerrickRose

Well what made you think that most floaters do it because of tanking infamy? There aren’t many reasons for doing that these days

12. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

And still I see floaters frequently.. I am at 2200 imfamy and a floater in my team means we lost...
    Also I understand that connection can become unstable...but no one's such stupid that he/ she will keep on finding matches if his connection is bad...I say that continuous floaters must be subjected to some penalty

13. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    "If"

14. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Of course floating is very annoying when it happens but I don't share the opinion that they should implement some automated punishment. Excellent post by @SlayerofSergeants above explains why.

When discussing about floaters I always want to share the words of wisdom @Miika once said: floaters actually benefit you in long term. Assuming you never float yourself, that leaves only 4 possible floaters to your team while the enemy team always has 5 potential floaters. That's why it's always more likely that the floater is in enemy team rather than your own team.

15. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

And yet they only seem to appear on my team! ;)

DerrickRose likes this.
  16. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    you guys don't understand one thing . you can open the Battle bay game on low speed internet and you can chat , upgrade do all normal stuff . you can enter to battle ..its not gonna show any signal of low speed . once you get into a battle you can see this kinda sign if speed is low . orange for slow speed red for when connection almost gone . but it never shows before entering battle .
    sometimes happened to me . and i am writing what i have experienced . if i know before start of the game i would never enter battle while having a fleet mate .

and look at this replay from friendly fixer point of you . started normally and then something happened During battle . i don't think it happened due to player .

https://replay.battlebay.net/MZQHFRLT#DQKPZDNN

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  17. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

Having some system that spots chronic, repeat floaters would be nice. There have been times I've been in a few games in a row where the same dude floats every time, I reported it.
    However, there are times where events happen outside your control - like the wife needs something or the internet has issues, so it can't be too punitive. So I can see this from both sides.

I'm sure most of you are aware that on the main game screen you can open the menu in the upper left and at the bottom of the menu is a Ping number showing your connection speed. I will often check that before starting a session and if it's higher than normal try reconnecting to wifi, reboot device/router, play later, etc. Also handy if out and about and on cell data.

What I would like to see is that ping value displayed in the game at all times or as an option a player can turn off/on in the display settings
    . (#new feature) The yellow and red poor connection icons don't give enough data.

R4Z0R likes this.
  18. DerrickRose

This is my point,
    Excuse me, can I laugh? ppl who played this game since beginning know this is nonsense

R4Z0R likes this.
  19. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

W
    Well the probability of having a floater in friend team assuming u r not flotaer is 80%

And if u r complaing of floater this means u r loosing which means there is atleast one player active in unfriend...therefore...the probability of having floater in unfriend is also 80%

Hence what u r saying is not correct
    Floaters ARE a problem....

And as @GigaBeard said...u CAN check ur ping prior to battle...

20. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, what is it that you're calling nonsense? That floaters also exist in enemy teams?

With a serious face are you claiming there is no such thing as "enemy floater" and they're all in your own team only? I understand that human psychology works in a way that you're more likely to remember them if they are in your own team but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be any in enemy teams too. But are you capable of rational thinking?

I don't know from what "beginning" you have played since but I have played since summer 2016, approximately 9 months before global launch, and I think it's safe to say that during these years I have seen hundreds of floaters just like any other long time player. Sometimes they are in my team and sometimes in the enemy team. If they are in your team it hurts 5 minutes and then I move on to next battle where I usually have better luck.

GraveDragon and TheAntiSnipe like this.