1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The True Speedforcer, or One Bored Redneck on a Sunday Evening

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Redneck Messiah, 17 Dec 2018.

?

What is your favorite enforcer meta?

1. Traditional Speedforcer

20.0%
  2. True Speedforcer

40.0%
  3. Double Bubble Champion

20.0%
  4. Bubble Boy Speeder XD (Redneck Messiah: Die.)

20.0%
  1. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

So I just found meself lounging on the bed, lazily awaiting the season change as I threw my long range shooter into game after game of BPM TDM. At one point, even THAT got boring, so I began hunting for a new loadout. From my sleep-deprived, sugar-filled mind emerged "The True Speedforcer."

This loadout/strat is called "The True Speedforcer" because it is fast, fast, and help me out here guys... fast. Yeah...

A traditional speedforcer runs blast, flare, and a grenade or carro, nitro, tesla shield, and overboost, and big/small shield with a turbo.
    The True Speedforcer class replaces the TS with a second nitro, resulting in some changes to playstyle.
    Borrowing from @TheAntiSnipe's playstyle/lore abomination of a thread (;)), speedforcers are typically suited to assassins, brawlers, and duelists. The True Speedforcer is tailor-made for the assassin class. Being without a TS, the True Speedforcer bases its playstyle off of sheer speed and mobility rather than the tanky brawling style used by traditional speedforcers, double bubble champions, and "Bubble Boy" speeders (my name for twin TS speeders... they do, sadly, exist). While one of the above three playstyles (if being a Bubble Boy speeder counts as a playstyle) would typically focus on tanking and getting in peoples' faces, the True Speedforcer attacks exclusively in bursts: OB/ Nitroing in, firing its weapons off at a single target, and then OB/Nitroing out, covering its retreat with a carronade if it is using that over the grenade. True Speedforcers tend to not perform as well in 1v1s as a traditional speedforcer, but are absolutely insane with teammates to distract enemy shooters and lay down cover fire. As a True Speedforcer in this here event LTM, I almost always placed second to third on my team (always behind ye olde shooter), with 3-6 kills, 1-2 deaths, and about third in damage.

Overall, the True Speedforcer is a great meta for people looking to give their enfo a bit of mobility, or seasoned enforcer mains looking to break the mold of a traditional speedforcer or double bubble champion.
    See you on The Bay,

Redneck Messiah.

P.S. Don't be a Bubble Boy speeder or my True Speedforcer will find you and sink you.

Last edited: 17 Dec 2018
  2. Redneck Messiah

https://replay.battlebay.net/ZHRFRRWD#QYQQHHCC

A clip of the True Speedforcer in action in a game of ranked, brought to you by her creator. 2 kills, 20k damage, ranked 1st, AND took a 2v1 at the end.

This clip showcases how the True Speedforcer is suited to burst fire from the side followed by a tactical retreat, but can pull its own weight in a traditional brawler enfo situation.

Agile Vanguard and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. Redneck Messiah

The True Speedforcer: One Month Later
    So, it's been about a month since I made my initial posts on this thing. I celebrated a birthday, got fatter, made a few memes, got fatter, whined about matchmaking, got fatter, and got better at speedforcing. I tried my hand at traditional speedforcer, but ultimately decided I preferred the binitro subclass. (nothing against traditional speedforcers though... only by uniting can the tribes of Speedforcer defeat the scourge that is the Double Bubble Champions ;)). I did experiment with running flare/blast/carro or flare/dual blast, but flare/blast/nade stuck with me. The only thing that's changed is some refining of the class's tactics.
    I stated earlier that True Speedforcers are hit'n'run burst attackers, preferring to avoid trouble. This still holds true, but I can now offer the interested a more useful, in-depth guide. Time to channel my inner @TheAntiSnipe and get this over with.
    First, you must get into the proper True Speedforcer mindset. You do not, and I mean DO NOT, play a True Speedforcer like it's an enforcer. You play it like it's a speeder. An overweight speeder with an extra gun, but a speeder nonetheless. This is something I found out pretty early on. I've had far more success applying my speeder main skillset to the True Speedforcer than trying to use it like you'd normally use an enforcer.
    That said, what does one do with an enfo in speeder's clothing? You can hit'n'run. You can assassinate. You can distract. You can capture. You can protect. It's entirely up to you. You can use your superior mobility and relatively high health to harass enemies and go after weakened targets, or use your high attack power to hold down a point or cover a prime enemy target, like your team's Fixer or Guardian. True Speedforcers cannot carry the offense on their backs; they instead specialize in pissing people off and acting as a highly mobile bodyguard for a slower, more important ship. I've often found that by skirting the enemy's perimeter with nitros and my OB and firing flares and grenades their way, I can get them to focus almost exclusively on me, leaving them easy prey to my shooters' torps, mortars, or mines, which often go unnoticed as those idiots try to hit a binitro build with an excannon. Nothing makes people madder then a little yellow boat poking them. Use this to your advantage, but be prepared to get out of there at a moment's notice. As a solo enfo, you are incredibly easy to outgun.

After a month of testing by the player who originally documented it, the meta holds up in TDM, ranked, and casual. You can get where you need to be, make a hasty escape, cover a teammate, or just annoy the enemy team to death. This class makes some of the best use of the enforcer's signature versatility and mobility, and it does all that with the same six items and two passive boosters. Play it however you want... this setup is easy to learn for those new to the enforcer, and deadly in the hands of a yellow-boat professional.
    See you on the Bay,
    Redneck Messiah​

TheAntiSnipe, R4Z0R and FirnenAhead like this.
  4. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    This is an interesting idea. I should try it out sometime.
    I find this works quite nicely as a regular Speeder — trading the extra weapon for a bandage.
    Have you tried using Swift Torpedo on this loadout? I use that, plus a Carronade, which is grat for the hit-and-run tactic you describe here.

TheAntiSnipe and Redneck Messiah like this.
  5. Redneck Messiah

I did experiment briefly, but torpedoes and speedforcers generally don't mix. Maybe it's good for some, and that's great, but I prefer my point-damage setup (flare/blast/nade) for this setup and how I play it.

6. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Okay. Fair enough.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I usually run double blast and swift torp on my speedforcer loadout.. but no Tesla shields in sight. Always preferred Bolt, so I run OB, Nitro and T bolt for those 2v1s I love so damn much!
    I have switched out the torp for a flare or carronade at times, mainly for guild quests. But yeah, with my loadout I can take 4-5k HP off an opponent before they realise it

Redneck Messiah and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'm going for something like that on my speedforcer too, building up that bolt, gotta have those 10+ second stuns.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  9. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Yup, peace of mind more than anything tbh. RNGesus has never given me a single Tesla shield above uncommon to this day.
    My rare T5 bolt does 10.1s stun, so plenty of time for idiot teammates to break it! But in a 2v1, it's a beautiful thing to alternate stuns between them while I chip away