1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerfs and buffs

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Skirra08, 16 Jan 2019.

1. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Which one item in your opinion needs a nerf?
    Which one item in your opinion needs a buffet?

Please answer below and if you have time explain why for each.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

If I had to pick two...

I would say that Frost Blaster needs a buff. It’s difficult to land, too easy to break, and the target has a 5 second window to shoot you whenever you use it. That alone would make it weak. When you also ‘factor in’ that you need to sacrifice something like a Nitro or TS, in order to run it, which significantly reduces your ship’s survivability, it becomes more of a liability than an asset.

My Nerf vote would definitely go to Mines. They are currently far too powerful, and far too spammable.

3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i think Mines are OP and Big Torpedoes . 3-5k dmg in a second .

I was in a fleet with guild mate . he is 1300 infamy i am 800 . we had some good battles but in two battles my boat hit mine from 7k to 2k hp left in seconds . same with torpedoes .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Firebombs are still a bit too powerful — there's no reason I can see as to why they have such a small minimum range compared to other Mortars, and 7 seconds of Burn from the very edge is far too much. Duration Perks should increase the burn in the middle of the circle, and their effect should scale down as one moves toward the edge of the circle.

I think I'd have to go with @ViscountSniffit for my "buff" vote — Frost items need some boost (perhaps a lower cooldown?) to be more viable in-play, especially when a teammate can and will easily break the Frost before you get a chance to shoot.
    I don't have much experience with Tesla Shield, but from what I know it could be improved a bit too, to make its power closer to that of Defence Wall (a 4-second stun is a serious danger in a Yellow boat).
    Of course I've never gone against a master double-Tesla-Shield player, so I could be wrong about that one.

5. Bunnywabbit

Bunnywabbit Member

I definitly think that firebomb needs a duration nerf. getting hit on the edge of the radius gives me 12 seconds of burn damage?I think that 5 second should be the max for the radius edge.

as for a buff i would go with frost blaster its like sacrificing a slot when u use it.needs to not be broken when another player hits your target.when i try to use it with my big torn no matter how much i spam negative my teammate always hits the guy.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Nerf - Definitely have to go with mines...
    There is no reason any weapon on the Bay should be able to take out ~1/3 of a ships hp in one hit. Nerf suggestion- decrease damage or cut radius in half and timeout explosion should only do 25% damage.

Buff- Frost has been mentioned a few times so I won't continue to harp on that.
    I'd say standard mortar is a close second, probably the least used mortar out there.
    Buff suggestion- increase either radius or damage.

John Allen and Su-57 like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I wish they only did 1/3 of my hp. I’ve got a little over 7k hp, and Mines at my level often do 5k+ damage. That’s over 70% of my health in one hit, which is usually just instant death.

Nikkie!, John Allen and Su-57 like this.
  8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Even more rediculous then lol.
    I just used my own mine compared to my own hp, but the actual # will vary based on ship and item levels.

9. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Grenade should receive a nerf hands down. It's the most powerful item in the bay .

TheAntiSnipe and Su-57 like this.
  10. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    sometimes we don't even hit the mines . but mines hit us .

JoshW likes this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

How so? It does no more damage than a BC or Ex Canon.

John Allen and NeptuneGaming like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Nade IS very strong with the event perks that it has. It really is very close to transcending the boundary of what it means to be a oneslot with that insane crit chance. Though my nade doesn't feel as OP, the leggy-perked class of nades is insanely powerful at no cost and is a danger.

JoshW likes this.
  13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I think defence wall could use a nerf as well, I'm pretty sure I just had a t3 rare just eat my leggy excannon!

14. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

3d5.gif
    To defend it, i would say that aiming on a grenade is a lot tricky than the cannons. U dont get full damage too often.
    Has very limited range. U can get 2700 from a single shot on ExC when the target is burning ("cough" firebombs "cough")

Last edited: 17 Jan 2019
  15. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Imo frost Items (obviously), standard mortar, Gatling gun, repair box deserves a buff and Mines, Defence wall, Firebomb, Flare gun, grenade deserves a nerf.

16. Mad_Bulls_007

U could get 3000 damage from grenades without anything if it hits the centre. And it is a one slot item to begin with. Also, it gives cannons burn bonus damage 85% of the time. Also, with the new event perks, it could have a range of 22. Even if it doesn't hit the centre, it still does around 1500 damage most of the time. So, yes! It needs a nerf hands down.

17. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

If that's the case then making it a 2 slot weapon would suffice, right?

18. Mad_Bulls_007

Single slot is fine. But, I want the burn percentage to be reduced a bit. 85% is too much. It should be 40% max. This way, it would be used as a single weapon, rather than a combo weapon for cannons.

19. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

40% max ? Rather remove the weapon completely then

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

I think fire bomb always not land on the same circle that the game displayed, makes players' ship usually burning even their ship is on the edge of the circle(or not even in the circle).
    I was on the edge but fire bomb shot landed on the edge of the circle, made my ship burning for 18 seconds. But sometimes if I noticed that, even I was in the circle, my ship didn't burning after fire bomb landed.