1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandage Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by The Grim Repair, 14 Jan 2019.

1. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

This bug is now fixed - updated the OP! :)

2. Jillycut

Jillycut Member

It's a little too late now the events half over. I would think the bug should have been fixed before the event started knowing it was there. Yep, no prize again.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Some people are never happy....

Great job dev team. In the midst of a busy time, you fixed this bug relatively quickly.

4. m1au

m1au New Member

Great job, now Battle Bay officially doesn‘t punish exploiters and rewards floaters with infamy although it should be granular
    /clap

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

There is a reason they are not punishing exploiters. Sooooo many players were using this exploit that it would take a ridiculous amount of time to sort through and figure out who to punish. Where do you draw the line?

The dev team is absolutely doing the right thing here. Bite the bullet and move on. Focus your time and energy on moving this game forward instead of worrying about some players getting a few too many coins.

Terry Morgan likes this.
  6. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

would it go against the EULA not to punish them? or at least hook us people up who didn't exploit with some extra goods ya know what im sayin... :p

7. Stig

Stig Member

Extra goods for non exploiters would be nice - I qualify :)

However, stop asking them to punish exploiters. They have plenty of other things to fix and spend time on. It's fixed. Time to move on. Go play. Or do work like should be doing right now.

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Ugh okay.... :(

9. Jillycut

Jillycut Member

Happy that people used exploit making it hard to win? Why would anybody be happy? I don’t believe there are too many happy people on the bay. Knowing before hand about the bug and starting the event anyways was a bad decision anyway you cut it. Exploiters rewarded all around. Now I see what integrity gets you.

10. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

If this happened next time, soooo many players will still exploit the bug...
    :(

11. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I understand it would be much work. They could have at least postponed the event. It's a shame that they didn't.

12. m1au

m1au New Member

I get your point, but what really bugs me is that they started the event knowing the bug is still around and it will be abused. Not doing anything against it will just give all of these exploiters - and i met at least one in every match at my ~10k GS range - the message: ‚well if only enough people are abusing it, we won‘t harm anyone‘

13. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Agree my gearscore virtually same as yours and every time I played I saw at least one person abusing this, very unfair to start event knowing players abusing this while the fair players suffer as result.

14. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I wonder if the devs fed information to the top guilds that nothing would happen. Every member of one particular guild was using the bug constantly. No surprise they don't get punished because they likely contribute the most money to the game.

They reloaded the event that they knew to be bugged and had received tons of complaints about, saying that punishment would occur moving forward. Their statement is now null and void. GG Devs, way to undermine the confidence of your community once again.

100% if their threat of punishment doesn't have teeth, what's going to stop it from happening again in the future?

When players exploited the guild quest tokens (Recall that a ton of people were changing guilds to get the T1 guild quest rewards over and over again), the devs found time to track the tokens and remove them from the exploiters. in my opinion they should remove all gains those bandaid users received from the past two events.

I've reported every single multi-bandaid user I encountered in this event for cheating. I put my time in. The devs skipping out on this shows lack of follow through. They just pick and choose what rules they want to enforce, and who they want to enforce against.

I respectfully disagree. There is nothing right or just about their chosen course of action.

That's a shame. Where's your justice whip? Let the unscrupulous group off the hook. Meantime those of us with integrity are feeling burned.

Never again spending a dime on your game. Your collective ineptitude astounds me.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2019
    R4Z0R and FearsomeChicken like this.
  15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Then next time I'll feel free to exploit.

16. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Ahhhh so next time devs announce to not abuse a bug then that means they are just blowing hot air. Good to know since I didn't cheat and the cheaters YET AGAIN get by in this farce of a fair play game. TY devs for ignoring your stated rules and principles yet again.

Turkett