1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How new Infamy System really work.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Su-57, 14 Jan 2019.

?

Have you seen any difference ?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    My friend said this about new Infamy system .

Attached Files:

2. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

A2749D0B-46ED-4A13-808F-2A4F15962749.png This one baffles me. I do almost double the damage as the next guy, I get three stars, he gets more infamy than me. What the foxtrot?!?!?!

3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    now Infamy is also Random as item . dev don't know how to make a good system.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Nope... my matches prove league makes no difference. One match higher league player on my team lost less Infamy than I in a defeat, and in another I got top damage and lost more Infamy than everyone on my team, including the floater. As far as I'm concerned it's still working in reverse of everyone's common sense expectations, or it's simply RNG.

RNG Infamy makes no sense, HCTDM is a terrible bug ridden mess... and this game is nearing deletion off my device.

RACK STAR likes this.
  5. Radar O Reilly

F2918964-4A3D-44C4-849D-99F76BA0BEBA.png Here is another. I did way more damage than other ships and they got more infamy bonus than I and look at their infamy level. I’ve seen others with this same observation by others. Those with higher infamy are getting a better bonus.

6. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Hey! I thought you quit...

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The Infamy change has nothing to do with battle contribution. The number itself just drops the more you play.... check your battle logs.

8. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I had to read many times what they really mean in their announcement.
    I need words from Rovio. If this is intended or not. If this is what Rovio wanted, I am done with ranked.

Su-57 likes this.
  9. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

If so, lame.

10. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Somebody shared this .

The Elo[a] rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in zero-sum games such as chess. It is named after its creator Arpad Elo, a Hungarian-American physics professor.

The Elo system was originally invented as an improved chess rating system over the previously used Harkness system, but is also used as a rating system for multiplayer competition in a number of video games,[1]association football, American football, basketball,[2] Major League Baseball, table tennis, Scrabble, board games such as Diplomacy (game) and other games.

The difference in the ratings between two players serves as a predictor of the outcome of a match. Two players with equal ratings who play against each other are expected to score an equal number of wins. A player whose rating is 100 points greater than their opponent's is expected to score 64%; if the difference is 200 points, then the expected score for the stronger player is 76%.

A player's Elo rating is represented by a number which increases or decreases depending on the outcome of games between rated players. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The difference between the ratings of the winner and loser determines the total number of points gained or lost after a game. In a series of games between a high-rated player and a low-rated player, the high-rated player is expected to score more wins. If the high-rated player wins, then only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower-rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred. The lower-rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw. This means that this rating system is self-correcting. Players whose ratings are too low should, in the long run, do better than the rating system predicts and thus gain rating points until the ratings reflect their true playing strength.

11. Radar O Reilly

Wow. The devs paid attention and took action. Good for them.

I like that they took the chance on tweaking the infamy per battle. I think something didn't go as planned. To be fair there were a few instances when I lost but my contribute was decent and my infamy penalty seemed appropriate compared to others.

I was surprised when floaters were not hammered with a large loss of infamy but that might not be such a bad thing to prevent floaters from quickly dropping infamy to become seal clubbers. Not sure why anyone wants to be one. I find myself down there once in a while after I run a stupid boat or load out trying to complete a quest. I will have to try the rubber ducky mode and see if I can clear the obscure (for me) quests to clear. I do like experimenting but I absolutely loath and hate the epic infamy loss when I keep losing game after game after game.

anyway. Done. back to sinking boats. Rebuilding my infamy so others stop pointing fingers and laughing.

Happy Hunting on the bay everyone. Hope to sink you soon