1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New 4.2 infamy system rewards floaters

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Major Major, 14 Jan 2019.

1. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

I just noticed that post-battle infamy rewards/penalties are variable. But I was just in a battle where I lost and was only penalized -19, but the battle was lost due to a floater who ALSO got -19. This means the floater was only lightly penalized equally to the top player: me. This is ridiculous.
    floater.png

This Is Me likes this.
  2. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

We already lost a high contributor from our guild over this. He quit! And look at my battle result, why do I get punished way more than the 2 defenders who did only a third of what I did. This is all wack and backward! I expect we lose more guild members in the next few days Screenshot_2019-01-14-08-57-27.png

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  3. Major Major

Yeah that really sucks. It appears that the developers are using infamy to push people towards playing Defenders by penalizing Shooters more heavily. Ever since the Devs decided they wanted to push players around, the game has fallen apart. I saw it when the first special event started that rewarded fire weapons more heavily. Then suddenly everyone had to get fire. Then everyone started using it outside the special event, whereupon it was generally discovered to have a disproportionate advantage (thus fire was nerfed in the new release). Then they made everyone get Mines. Now lots of players spam Mines.

This game is losing its appeal by creeping feature-itis. I like the shooter. I like shooting at things. I like a battle of shooters. But now Rovio is pushing players around, and they are leaving. Now there are so few players, it takes me several minutes to start a game, I am spending more time waiting for a game to start, than actually playing. This game needs LESS complexity, not more. Get back to basics. I want a game where we shoot at each other and it is a battle of skill, not a battle of mine and napalm spamming or being forced to use specific weapons.

ryanllts likes this.
  4. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    its true this game need less complications . New Infamy system is really bad no explanation how it's based on individual performance .

and they should also simplify other things like we already have too many things like Gold sugar perls then item pieces combine to get items .ok thats all cool . then leveling up ok but need copies. still ok but need two copies for t5 and most of new player don't even know . its not mentioned anywhere. and we need parts and sugar to upgrade items but we also need power cells . i mean all those item copies are useless if we don't have powercells and we can't even buy them from market with gold. its something very random or spend $$$$ for those powercels . this game should be simplified because if i give it to my friends they are not gonna spend this much time on this much things to get some random results.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I played one match to see how it worked. Infamy adjustment was...
    • Not relative to damage
    • Not relative to kills
    • Not relative to Infamy
    • Not relative to Gear Score
    so it looks like RNG at this point

6. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

It is supposed to help get your infamy to where it should be. So where is that number derived from?

Honestly though, the severe negative reactions have to kick back a little. Rage quitting over a system change where the paint isn't even dry yet? Too soon. Play the other modes until it is understood better. Be more casual.

Ultrah likes this.
  7. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

Ditto everything said here already......Lol wtf?

Attached Files:

SlayerofSergeants and Ultrah like this.
  8. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

That’s what I’ve done so far, but there’s a lot of people who want a free epic every season end so I can see why they’re complaining.

9. Volki70

Volki70 New Member

isn't there anyone who can explain this??? Maybe a Dev?

10. Major Major

Pentakill victory AND 2.5x the next highest score resulted in the lowest infamy reward on the team.
    Pentakill.png

11. Wainwright

Wainwright Member

Can you post your GS and loadout? It looks like they are taking captain levels into the formula. Which would be great if it finally punished sealclubbers who make the new player’s game experience so bad.

12. Major Major

Sure, enclosed is my loadout. It might be worth noting, I am irritated at the game in general. The previous update did something weird. I was up around 2800 infamy and trying to get to 3000. Then after the update, I have been losing game after game, tanking my infamy despite everything I can do to increase it. This might make me a seal-clubber even if I don't intend to be one, but I'm still losing so many games that the balance seems to be maintained (if only because I get teamed with 1100 infamy noobs who lose the game by incompetent play).
    But note in the pentakill I posted, the top opponent was L49, and they had 3 players in a higher league, while it was just me on my side. So check out their infamy penalties, it still makes no sense even based on captain level.
    Loadout.png

Last edited: 14 Jan 2019
  13. Wainwright

Wainwright Member

Pretty sure that’s what happening. They are penalizing higher levels boats with low infamy playing against lower level boats. They seem to be helping lower levels lose less when that happens.

I’m not saying you’re sealclubbing but your infamy and GS/CL puts you in that area.

It would be nice if the devs could outline how the new system works but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Kirk and No Time 2 Battle like this.
  14. Wainwright

Wainwright Member

And I don’t know why they just don’t zero out any positive rewards for floaters. No gold, sugar or stars for a win or loss and no infamy change.

No Time 2 Battle and xBonk like this.
  15. Major Major

Well I don't know how to get out of this hole. I've tried everything. I think the problem is I hate fire and mines and I refuse to play them. But both are too powerful and it ruins play balance. Like I said, I like to SHOOT at things, not spam them to death. But now that I am down from 2800 infamy to about 1100, I am playing with noobs that don't know how to work as a team, which makes the game a random choice (unless I do all the work like that pentakill) of players who are either losers or winners. I've done things like killed 4 and then gotten killed, leaving a 4 against 1 game, which they LOST.

MiracleMax likes this.
  16. Major Major

I was thinking, massive infamy loss. But then, some of these people are deliberately tanking infamy, so maybe that's what they want.

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Nope, I can see no evidence captain level is an input into this.

No evidence boat level is taken into account either if you look at the above match. This is an Infamy match, not an event, so boat level, gear score, captain level should not be inputs into RankedMatchmaker(tm). Final Infamy adjustment still looks like RNG to me, as it doesn't even jive with the final match sorting. It may be an extension of the Infamy tanking punishment... which means it will be twice as hard to climb infamy once you drop.

The whole thing stinks of putrid sewer rot. I'm a proponent of a pure Infamy matchmaking system... just match people within 10% Infamy and call it a day. Anything beyond that is manipulation, and there's now way a manipulated Infamy system improves matches. Infamy is the output, it should be the only input.

MiracleMax likes this.
  18. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

@Major Major , rovio makes it near impossible to climb out of the tanking hole. Ive been there a few times. Once my infamy was 3000+ , it kept going down to 1300 due to floaters on my team, disconnection, lag, ... all weird things seem to happen more often when you are punished. It's almost like they have a dedicated bucket for losers and I was flagged to be in it. I climbed out of it now, I feel for you ... other players bashed me for my low infamy, but I know what you are going through now

RACK STAR and GigaBeard like this.
  19. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Don't throw Defenders under the bus. It happens to us too. I posted this way earlier today:
    [​IMG]

20. No Time 2 Battle

No Time 2 Battle Active Member

And loo at the enemy team that won. Check out the top fixer and the bottom fixer (I'm not saying anything about their skill level). I'm just looking at the numbers for this battle. They are close in infamy and their load outs aren't that far off from each other in quality. The fixer that did the least got more than the top fixer.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.