1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandage Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by The Grim Repair, 14 Jan 2019.

1. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey everyone,

there is a current bug in with bandage that is only active in the current events this week with ship selection and our Hardcore TeamDeathmatch mode.
    What basically happens is, that bandage carries over to the other ship, when you die or select a ship that has bandage - which is not intended.

We are aware this has happened over the weekend - and we are currently working on fixing this bug!

In the meanwhile, do not exploit this bug. That should go without saying ;)

Callout: We may suspend people who continue to exploit this bug.

Update: We have now implemented a fix and it is live!
    Additionally we decided to NOT suspend anyone who may have exploited this bug.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2019
  2. Hammerhead-Shark

Hammerhead-Shark New Member

It was strange that some of the top 5 players global used this bug to gain unfair advantage... These nightmare players don't need to do that, they can win without it. Bu some penalties should be introduced. FOr sure

3. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

So we have a new HC-TDM event starting in 30 mins but the bug is not fixed yet? Ouch..

But well, thanks for this post anyway. Hope it will stop people from doing this.

Ho Aerp, Redneck Messiah and Nikkie! like this.
  4. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

And here i am without a single bandage to use. I just hope we get a chance to exchange the turbo for any other blue item and make the ships speed max or upgrade along with level of the ship

Markus Oksanen and Sifa like this.
  5. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

Yeah, pretty ridiculous when ur a top 5 global player & u still feel you need to get more competitive advantage over the unfriends. Like if someone is 5k infamy they obviously didn’t need that exploit. And it’s VERY unfair to all other players. I didn’t play this last event because of people exploiting this.

American Marauder likes this.
  6. Stig

Stig Member

Why isnt this a harbormaster announcement? I feel like a lot of people won't see this.

Iunch, BattleRascal and Sifa like this.
  7. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    In the middle of my battle at D9. Funny thing, the score was 1-0 and we had a teammate about to die when this happened. 0DF6AF02-FB48-4441-9232-C26039776E52.png

8. Senniji

Senniji New Member

So we can't use bandage in the event?

Reorge likes this.
  9. Stig

Stig Member

maybe you didn't witness the exploit but people were using this in a very abnormal way that gave them a massive advantage. What people were doing was clearly an exploit and not something that would ever be done under normal circumstances.

I will be playing like normal which includes a bandage on one of my ships. I don't think this is what the devs are worried about. If I'm wrong then they definitely need to say it here

10. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    another small bug showing when play casual . wrong names on map .

Attached Files:

11. ~ HuNteR ~

~ HuNteR ~ New Member

Hey grim... Lot of peeps still using it
    I was using too... But stopped it after seeing the announcement ... Kindly fix the bug, cz my whole opponent team was using this bug... Can't win like that

RACK STAR and Elyport like this.
  12. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

although i know you are not perfect and bugs and exploits will keep hapenning, please make sure you test things before making it live for everyone. Yesterday, discord channel was a toxic place because the so called "top players" were being called out for this exploit and they harassed and insulted people. It was a mess for everyone as well for me, guys who wants to talk about the game and not about people insulting others, Thanks :)

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

The bandage exploit is still being used a lot.
    The event is pretty much pointless until this is fixed.
    Perhaps like the guild exploit last time, the players that did use the exploit get reprimanded and the once’s playing fair get a reward.
    Since I don’t even own a bandage of any rarity, I would like 10 more levels on my reaper please (was worth a shot)

14. Stig

Stig Member

Not disagreeing but I want to point out there is a difference between this and the token exploit. In this case, it directly affects battle. If there are 2-3 good players on the other team using it, it's pretty much impossible to win. Therefore, some people are doing it ONLY because they are tired of getting crushed by other exploiters.

I don't do it or condone it. Still, it's different. This is all the more reason to:
    -fix ASAP
    - make harbormaster announcement to make it more known that this can result in suspension.

Until then, those who don't exploit will keep getting crushed by those who do.

RACK STAR likes this.
  15. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I was just trying my luck on the getting something for not participating.
    I agree if there is 1 or 2 people using it the odd are significantly in their favour.
    I even swapped an overboost for a Tesla bolt on my fixer to stop them regaining health temporarily.

16. Stig

Stig Member

A reward for those who didn't exploit (vs punishment for those who do starting today) isn't a bad idea. Unless the reward is power cells. Then no.

I find this doubtful but agree it's worth trying.

17. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I stopped playing the last event when every match had at least 3 people using the bandage glitch. I tried it in one battle just to see what everyone was talking about. It's ridiculous to start a new event with the glitch still happening. I'll be skipping this event too.

18. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I agree. Why did they start a new event knowing the bug and many players exploited it. They could have postponed it. We can play casual mode. I also didn't play much in the last event after seeing many top players doing that. We lost 0-10 against them. Just impossible to beat. As a fixer I have only undeveloped bandages lol

19. Ho Aerp

Ho Aerp New Member

Last edited: 14 Jan 2019
  20. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Well done for noticing the bug bug now you announced it I noticed more people trying to abuse the bug so well done for making cheating worse lol