1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

Won’t respawn if you only bring one ship... you’ll respawn if you bring more than one.

2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Are they the same? I seem to remember an issue with the post game always showing +/-24 and the correct adjustments were in the battle log.

3. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

And your point is ? That's what I said I think

4. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

For next update for casual mode and events can you add a button to say go to next match instead of taking you to the main home screen? We have this in ranked and it would be very much appreciated in all game modes

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Is it out on apple stuff yet? I still can't update my game

6. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Mine is showing anywhere from +/-22 to +/-24 in the battle log and in the game ending screen. I was hoping for a much bigger adjustment for performance.

7. Zxyqu

Zxyqu Member

I've seen a spread of 3 infamy 25 and 22 for example. I'll take it for now, but had hoped for more of a swing. I imagine your impact compared to your contribution to overall infamy will also be considered (ie the lowest on the group might not get as high an expectation). It also seems healers have been more rewarded finally for doing their job (but need more data to confirm).

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me a few updates ago. Go to the Apps then to Updates, then pull down the screen and it should refresh the updates list.

9. ROYAL SINKER

ROYAL SINKER Member

I like this update

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Someone may have beat me to the punch here .. Weekly quest rewards have been amped but there's no reference to it in the OP.

My 18 quest goal gives....

Screenshot_20190110-205922_Battle Bay.jpg

Sidd gamer, Dobson and benguin8 like this.
  11. Zxyqu

Zxyqu Member

Noticed this as well. A nice perk for a free epic. Wonder if it will last.

12. Mollypig

Mollypig Member

So update arrives and it seems none of my points have been addressed.

1. Aiming still doesn’t work including target lock slipping and floating around.
    2. Same lag issues, especially ships jumping position or appearing later when you come round a corner.
    3. Unreg shots - not had time to see this yet...jury is still out
    4. Matchmaking is the same - still get unbalanced ship types battles as mentioned before

But also we now have the infamy reward issue...it says one thing in post battle summary but then different in battle log. And if you decide to match me with someone near 5k infamy and we lose, I get massively penalised (-29 inf) just because that player was on my team which i didn’t pick. That seems unfair to me.

Hoping for some fun from HTDM but I can’t see that any of my points (that have been widely reported) have been addressed which is really disappointing.
    Waiting to hear Grim’s response and maybe shed some light on these issues - I feel that’s all the players want, is more details.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  13. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

Sorry.. i misread? It looked like you said there was no respawning at all. My bad.

Sidd gamer and Reorge like this.
  14. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

That’s still the issue... that particular game shows + and - 23 for everyone...

JoshW likes this.
  15. Sunny Jose-Deopersaud

Sunny Jose-Deopersaud Member

So now the new ranked forces us to build duplicates items to ACTUALLY competitively play. I was expecting to have to set up preset ship loadouts. The competition on ranked now is not what skill you have but how much stuff you have, and this is all just pressure to make players spend money. Where's the scumbag Steve hat at?

Also, these new items are unimpressive to say the least. With all the damage burst in the game now, and no extra blue slots, the only real contender for the big bandage is defender. I can see that the devs weren't even impressed with their new items with how little hype surrounded them. Or maybe you had to make up a crap items so people can fill loadouts on all their ships in ranked, to help justify the current trash system it is

16. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

When grim repair said you don’t have to have more than one ship to play I don’t think she meant you can just play half the game and watch the rest. You will respawn in same boat.

Show of hands, who plans on loading up all their mines on the first ship and setting a course for adventure?

17. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Really loving this casual mode! Though it might not be the best for testing totally wacky weapons and ships, I can at least play without worrying about dropping infamy all while earning stars and trophies!

18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Actually...
    Screenshot_20190110-174841.png

GoreSnorkle likes this.
  19. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Once again many relevant issues raised by players and the devs are no where to be seen on forums, this company had no awareness of customer relations at all

20. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

What happened was the guy that had least dmg & got less infamy taken from him was higher in infamy than his other teammates. So it looks like they’re trying to make it so the NM players playing with “noob” Ace players as they say. Don’t get penalized for their team, even tho it looks like he was the liability of the match. And didn’t pull his weight

MrTheory likes this.