1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. bon3ko

bon3ko New Member

Sad for people like me who looked forward to TDM coming to Ranked and get essentially nothing new after this once so big announcement. If at least the event had started immediately...
    So no Battle Bay one other day. You choose it, Rovio.. Three are other nice games, too.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

so I like the bonus gold and sugar, but I have concerns about casual mode. It will defiantly be nice to try out new boats and potential wepons, but after a while it might become a wasteland. The reason why is you don’t get any resources out of it. I think events and ranked battles will be solid. I will be interested in seeing how infamy will work next season as it is still not updated.

Season reward boxes do look better as well. 5 epic pieces and a legendary piece and legendary parts for ace 1 is a big upgrade. So far I like theses pieces for the update, for TDM ranked I am still holding off until I play it as I think there will be some growing pains.

3. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Maybe is my phone a little weird lol (It is almost a second me;)) but my phone said:

8416138B-6A44-4EF0-9168-09EB7794431D.jpeg
    What would mean the update was out 15 hours ago?!o_O

Sidd gamer and X•H!B!T like this.
  4. Grissle

Grissle New Member

Is the infamy change only applicable in the events? I just played a hardcore match and everyone still went + or - 24 infamy as usual.

QUOTE="The Grim Repair, post: 195487, member: 13052"]Dear Captains,

the new update is just around the corner and we have a bunch of awesome and new things for you in store!
    We will go live THIS WEEK still - so stay alert. :)
    Without further ado:

NEW
    • Casual Mode: Play the game for fun and complete quests without the fear of losing infamy! There is no league bonus, for that you have to play Ranked Mode!
    • Hardcore Team Deathmatch lets you play with your whole shipyard and bring more than one ship into battle. When your ship is destroyed during battle, you respawn in a different ship that you own.
      You only need one ship to be able to play this game mode. However, when you bring only one ship,once you are sinked, you won't respawn.
    • Added new tier to Nightmare League!
      [​IMG]
      Nightmare I (minimum requirement 5K Infamy) and Nightmare II (minimum requirement 4K Infamy) will be available with the next Season after the Update goes live.
    Items:

View attachment 25229
    • Standard torpedo
      A hybrid between swift torpedo and big torpedo! Standard torpedo is for those situations where you want a lot of aoe damage, fast!
    View attachment 25230

• Big Bandage
      Another alternative for those who want more regen in their 2-slot blue slots!
    Special:
    View attachment 25231
    • Battle Bay hits Twitch!
      We will have a 24/7 LIVE STREAM on our official channel PlayBattlebay where you can watch the top Captains battle it out Day & Night!
    BALANCING
    • Nerfed Firebomb damage by 10%
    IMPROVEMENTS
    • Significantly increased Season Rewards
      Pieces, power cells and parts have all been increased for every league and sugar has been added as a reward!
    • Battle Bonus rewards:
      gold and sugar battle rewards are doubled.
      HOWEVER: Casual and Event battles do not receive the reward bonus from your league tier. Only Ranked uses the bonus. now.
    • Changed Infamy to be more granular so that it better reflects your performance over time. Everyone will gain their personalized infamy!
    BUG FIXES
    • Ship sfx are now back to normal decibel levels
    • Fixed defender hybrid slot displaying wrong slot value(s) when exchanging teal and blue items.
    Announcements!

Events

Events will start again as soon as the update goes live.
    In the first week we will hold a couple of “flash” events, 2 days each featuring the new Hardcore Team Deathmatch game mode. We are very excited about this and want to hear all your feedback! Please let us know your thoughts on Discord!

After that, regular rotation of events will continue as you know it. :)

Seasons
    Season 62 starting Monday 14th will feature Team Eliminiation as usual.
    Future seasons may use other battle modes.[/QUOTE]

Fish likes this.
  5. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I haven’t had to wait long for hardcore or casual battles today.
    I guess that means that not everybody quit after all?
    :)

Edit: after seeing HCTDM I reserve the right to retract this post :(

Last edited: 11 Jan 2019
    Sidd gamer and Nikkie! like this.
  6. Luxxifer2B

Luxxifer2B New Member

Pretty cool!!

7. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

Why didn't they make another reward for completing 24 daily quest? it would not be bad, do not you think so?

8. Soumya Ranjan Mohapatro

Soumya Ranjan Mohapatro New Member

Excuse me, but can i exchange weaons mid match with ships otherwise I'm bailing out of the new event.......... I scrap any and all weapons that i do not use so exchanging items mid match would help

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

No from what I seen and what mod said in vip you have to set up boats before battle and the setup you have going into battle is then fixed.

10. liveinGod

liveinGod New Member

Bro tdm would be ranked.....;):) it would be the events. That's why they called HTDM:D

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's the thing... players will play where the rewards are greatest, which is why everyone has been in Event TDM. If no one is playing ranked matches, the League system starts to make little sense, because no one is contributing to Infamy. So I think it's a great idea to put the best rewards in ranked matches. If we are left with rewards like this events > ranked > casual, and Events are not ranked, we'll remain in the same system where everyone will be in events, and the League system continues to deteriorate.

12. S_My_B_Torp

S_My_B_Torp New Member

Sooooooo.... just gonna leave us in the dark about why only half the update happened...?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  13. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Ranked TDM starts next season

14. S_My_B_Torp

S_My_B_Torp New Member

Actually, the word "may" was used.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

0FD08416-5E92-4564-8AB0-C58A4BF6686E.png Wasn’t there talk about the amount of infamy you gained/lost being a result of your battle stats? Why would the guy that did the least (on enemy team) lose the smallest amount of infamy?

Aside from that, I’m really looking forward to these changes! Everything looks interesting.

0FD08416-5E92-4564-8AB0-C58A4BF6686E.png

Nikkie!, Reorge and Skirra08 like this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Agreed, that's opposite of what we would have expected.

17. wusolja

wusolja Member

don't care how much gold or goodies I'm given..... i just want 1 vs 1 (!prayer!)

18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Is that in the battle log or just the post battle screen?

19. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

The op now says once you're sinked you won't respawn. Why would someone bring one ship if they can't respawn ? P2Ws are going to have a big advantage tbh.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  20. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

It was a screenshot I took after the battle. But, infamy adjustments do show up in the battlelog.