1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. S_My_B_Torp

S_My_B_Torp New Member

I could reasonably equip 4 ships with my gear.

I'm guessing HTDM will be timed and the team with the most kills wins. To that end, a team where all 5 have only 1 boat may actually have an advantage.

If every member of the one boat only team dies before the time limit but they've destroyed 7 enemy boats does the team that was completely eliminated win? That would make the score 7-5 right?

Last edited: 10 Jan 2019
    Sewah likes this.
  2. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Was pretty worried about being forced to use at least two ships :) am glad I can play hardcore mode using just one lol I don’t have enough items to equip two strong ships at once

3. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update info.

RNG for items increased by adding 2 more items.

Good luck everyone.

Hope to see u in battle.

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  4. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Yay more trolling power to rngesus

Redneck Messiah and Nikkie! like this.
  5. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

Sorry but I think you are wrong here. I think you will just respawn with the same boat... over and over. But I bet you could queue up like all five if you want. Just like tdm now, you have infinite lives but it’s first team to ten kills. Or whatever number. Hardcore just means that you are playing for infamy.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Now i am gonna focus on upgrading one ship . after their last announcement i have to use my resources on second boat items .

7. Grand_Paladin

Grand_Paladin Active Member

Unlikely to happen ,,, it wont be like the normal tdm,, meaning u wont be able t o respawn multiple times in the same ship ,,, maybe u will be able to respawn only once in every ship u equip,,just a guess,,, maybe after dying the 1st time u will be able to respawn in the same ship ,, but if u died again u will have to choose another ship ,,, but one thing for sure ,,, having multiple ships equipped will be a plus to all players ,, so the idea that u will be able respawn over and over again in the same ship like tdm is very unlikely ,, it defies the idea of the equipping multiple ships ,,which still exists and it would ruin the new ranked system, because people will play more carefully if they only have less available tries.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. La perla rossa

La perla rossa Member

The update is beautiful, I would add one more place in the scooter so as to have the big shield and shield. next to eliminate the infanamy, I guess it will still be incorrect, now it is so: (it's not even there better)

Attached Files:

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Was different in the video tho

10. La perla rossa

La perla rossa Member

Do you see images? use there Power ship to make the charts, it is more just

11. Nuengtr

Nuengtr New Member

Look at improvement again.

12. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I don’t see how they could limit respawns per ship? They’d literally be giving more lives to one team

Sidd gamer likes this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update @The Grim Repair , and welcome back. :)

The update sounds better than I was anticipating. I still have reservations that HCTDM, and the new infamy system, will unfairly skew the game towards damage. I hope that this is something you guys are taking seriously.

My biggest fear was that this would hurt infamy for some ships, however, allowing more headroom with an additional Nightmare league will help to postpone that problem, but it is still there.

If I may make a suggestion... the biggest factor currently affecting Deathmatch DPS potential, is the number of weapons (per ship) versus average cooldown. At the moment the average cooldown is around 11-12 seconds. That puts Shooters right in the sweet spot for DPS efficiency, as five weapons * 2.5 seconds of Global Cooldown = 12.5 seconds. I would suggest reducing the average weapon cooldown so that the sweet spot for efficiency is closer to the average #weapons for ‘all ships’ (probably closer 3 weapons). That way Shooters would still have greater weapon variety, but they would no longer have such a monopoly on efficiencint DPS.

Obviously, this needn’t apply to weapons that have long cooldowns to limit spam (Mines), But for ‘go to’ damage dealers like point damage, shorter cooldowns would make a lower #weapon slots much less of a disadvantage in TDM.

Sidd gamer, Ultrah, JoshW and 4 others like this.
  14. Ekans_Hissy

Ekans_Hissy Member

NOBODY WANTS TDM IN RANKED MODE!!!! Please make this the casual mode! Smh

15. Shoot em up

Shoot em up New Member

Quit now then. Seriously its not even released yet and your complaining. Jesus.

16. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I do

17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I now declare you man and -oh wait :p

18. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    This is how I interpret it.

It's more like team elimination with more boats than TDM.
    Let me explain: 1 ship=1 life. There is no race to get 10 kills. If you choose only 1 ship, you are a match where there are only 1 ships. (Basically team elimination) The same for 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Who loves memes?

Ultrah, Nikkie! and What's Up Player like this.
  20. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Then why would we have the option to play hard core tdm with just one ship if it’s essentially team elimination?