1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

IMG_20190109_222215.jpg
    So the only boost we're getting with powercells is that they give more of them in season rewards?

Currently I'm in Ace 1 and this is what we get here. A whole TWO epic powercells every two weeks: Screenshot_20190109-222401.jpg

I hope the word "significantly" means they multiplied that by at least 10x, because otherwise I'm still always going to be stuck with epic powercells and no more gold or sugar can really help me :(

2. S_My_B_Torp

S_My_B_Torp New Member

Can we just ban all whiners? It's sickening to have to see all the negativity. It's like being nipped at by a pack of millenials that won't go away even though there's a "How to eat a vegan carrot" show on TV.

Can we try playing the update before criticizing it, maybe? It seems like that's the best way to decide if you're going to like something or not, just saying.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019
  3. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

Could a dev please address this post? All 4 points made are very, very accurate.

Kirk, Su-57 and Mollypig like this.
  4. Jillycut

Jillycut Member

So when is the broken stuff going to be fixed such as targeting?

5. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

I will tomorrow address it, even though I have addressed several of these points before. A lot of the answers are: It is not a bug, it's latency/lag. But no worries, I'll answer again soon with more detail to satisfy the curious minds! :)

Nikkie!, Su-57, HAPPY SITHSHA and 2 others like this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The best battles I have played were always in ranked, most event battles were bad or so so because of the respawning.

Too bad respawning is now the main thing. Because people are sooooo much more careless. So, I don't think it will be an improvement the ranked mode. But maybe others will? I think having different ranked modes, the old and the new would be even better. Give people something to choose from. Some people just never played events and only the normal ranked, because they liked it. Scrapping the main mode which we enjoyed since day one, is not the best way.

At least the Devs are trying something new, for that I applaud them.

Sadly I cannot try the new mode anymore. My days are over on the bay due to physical issues which won't improve anymore as they did before.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019
  7. Frenchguy21

Frenchguy21 New Member

the latest updates have killed the game ... no more crew members, no more strategy, we all have the same weapons to the same effect (or almost, thanks to the perks)
    the legendary weapons are worth almost nothing, all the damage has been revised upwards except they

Me, who was a nightmare permanently almost no longer park my weapons have lost value and I have no time to play 9 hours in two days Because I work for a legendary perk ...
    I'm the leader of my guild and I can not hold my member anymore because they are so ... almost two years old and my members are leaving one by one.

8. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

New Redneck Reviews coming update day or the day after! It's a double feature, although I'm not sure how I review a blue item... *le thinking*

9. Flynndawg

Flynndawg Well-Known Member

If the issues that Mollypig called out are indeed latency/lag as Grim Repair stated.. then there should be some kind of way to block folks with a ping higher than xxx from starting a match. Just like the old Quake days or insert fps game here.. When a person with a ping higher than say 300 tried to hop on a server.. the server would block them. It's not fun or fair for anyone to try to attack/heal someone who is lagging all over the place.

JoshW, Stonebanks and Hellcat_17 like this.
  10. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Maybe we're not all millennials, and the fact is we don't want tdm in ranked. If you want a second life with respawn play the event otherwise step up and sink my team first to win the game.

11. Redneck Messiah

Hmm... that's interesting.

The way I'm interpreting this, we can bring one ship and respawn with it, or bring two or more for the option to switch on death for more versatility.
    I mean, it's TDM, where respawning is the Golden Rule...

That, or you can only respawn if you have more boats selected for use, and they bumped the kills-to-win counter down to 5. Which is unlikely, because that defeats the purpose of making ranked TDM a thing.

Su-57 likes this.
  12. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

If you can just use one ship and respawn with the same ship multiple times, what makes it really different from normal TDM? Just the ability to change ships after you die? Why even call it Hardcore :rolleyes:

Like someone said, almost everyone will surely use just one ship simply because they don't have good gear for more than that.

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  13. Redneck Messiah

I suppose it would be so that people can change ships if they think it will improve their chances of winning... but yeah, it is a bit derpy lol

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  14. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

My apologise if you've address this before, I don't visit here often.
    I would appreciate it if you could answer these questions, again....

15. Mollypig

Mollypig Member

The main issue i’m talking about is when an enemy is about to appear round a corner but disappears just when you should see them. Plus times when you’re about to shoot when they come into range and at that moment they disappear. This happens all the time and as far as i see it nothing to do with lag but the mechanics of the game or it would be more random. i’d be interested to know the answer to this and not when people are just rubber banding around the map. Hope that makes it clearer :)

16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm assuming it's being called Hardcore because most players seem to want to battle without Infamy ramifications, which they now call Casual.

I like the ability to bring 2 ships, if you want to, and I like that it is optional. Nice change to the original idea!

Fiorell and Redneck Messiah like this.
  17. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

R.I.P. speeders. 2016-2019

18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's so odd. Ever touched a yellow ship? They have NO problem with FB users, because they are FAST. Plus, yellow ships have been nerfed a TON more than any other class in the game. Sounds to me like you're being salty over your OP weapon being brought down to more normal levels, and of course, with no other options, you're using yellow boats as scapegoats because that's all you do, isn't it?

Doesn't matter when yellow boats are probably going to get hit hardest by the HTDM, does it? Damage favours shooters. Facts.

Because of course, "grenade and flare gun are mighty". Both have never received buffs since 2017. Both have been nerfed once since global launch. Facts.

Back up your post with facts. Then we'll talk.

19. aheed7

aheed7 New Member

Thank you devs, great work, this is the best game ever, can't wait to see new things, thanks again ♥️;).

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Might as well block all Indian players while we are at it, eh? :D
    I play at 287ms consistently. That's borderline 300ms. I'm in NML. 300ms should not be the borderline imho, I rarely even stutter at 287ms. But yeah, in essence, your suggestion is great. The game clearly knows how much a player is lagging, they should warn the player when the player enters the game.

Nikkie! and Agile Vanguard like this.