1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

that is correct! If you only bring one ship - that's the load out you mainly concentrate on. If you want to bring two, so you can respawn with a second one, that is a choice and not a requirement like we originally had in mind when announcing HTDM.

2. Grand_Paladin

Grand_Paladin Active Member

But u still have to get 10 kills in total to win right? ,,, or is how does it work now ,,, because if the min was 1 ship only ,,, that means u could possibly end with 5 ships on one side and like 15 ( or even more) on the the other side in total

3. The Grim Repair

Please wait and see :)

4. Grand_Paladin

Lol,,,i really like that u have listened to the players ,, keep the good job :)

5. Sammer86

Sammer86 New Member

Yes kerp listening to crying yellow ships anout fire bomb, but keep making grenade and flare gun mighty weapons for them.
    And seriously special season for 20 players? Ok then I am happy if those 5k infamy guys wait until they play against each other, but sontd give them the rewards while they keep fighting the 4k infamy players. Stop it, ots ots just silly.

6. One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel New Member

New items are a little disappointing to me, I'm not much of a torpedo user and was hoping for something unique and unlike the other weapons. Other then that though everything sounds great. Looking forward to it.

7. The Grim Repair

If you bring two ships, the load outs are set for each of them - you won't be able to switch the same weapons or items between them.

HAPPY SITHSHA and Sidd gamer like this.
  8. The Grim Repair

There is only one Infamy reset each season. This season has 4K at the end, the next one will have 5k and onwards.

HAPPY SITHSHA, Mimmel and Wymtime like this.
  9. Grand_Paladin

So much nonsense there ,,, many of those 5k players use actually less powerful items than many many players in with 3k+ infamy ,, its a team-based game afterall.
    2nd thing,,, although i use fbs and many players at nml ,, but many also say its way op,,, it doesnt require any skill to use ,, and u r way far safe while shooting it ,, and it does huge amount of pure dmg ,, and makes u vulnerable to high dmg from cannons from other players. Its the right thing to do.

Hellcat_17 and Sidd gamer like this.
  10. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

So is there going to be any increase to star box rewards? For coins will this only be available through events? With the big bandage being added will we be seeing a buff to regular bandage (it has been a poor blue item since the last update)? Can you give us an example of what the end of season rewards will look like?

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019
    Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Difference in hp between my small shield and big shield is about 600 - so not crazy to think that the big bandage could cover this if you survive long enough

12. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I actually laughed when i knew there is only 1 line in BALANCING.

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I suppose that's true, if you're a highly evasive speeder it could work out.
    I for one am not crazy about building another epic blue item just for this purpose though.

Fish likes this.
  14. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

It sounds better than the first announcement. So, we still join the hardcore with one ship. The Nightmare League with two divisions sounds nice, too. I have a new goal now. I will see how new HTDM works and new infamy system.

JoshW likes this.
  15. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

In ranked you get double rewards and indirectly that may cut ship cost in half. That’s their point of view.

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  16. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

But I don’t think most people will be playing all of their battles as ranked games - and causal doesn’t even get the league bonus - so that’s not really something to get excited about if that’s what they are thinking unfortunately

17. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

So, apparently the update has been changed since the original patch notes and dropped the ship requirement from 2 to 1.

Previously it was stated that you will NEED to have 2 ships equipped to play Hardcore TDM without overlapping equipment.
    While I absolutely HATE the idea of having TDM as ranked mode, at least requiring people to equip two ships(as painful at that might be) was a fair method of determining infamy based upon the new BattleBay game concept and was a little bit intriguing.

NOW, the developers have made TDM the new ranked mode by only requiring 1 ship. NOBODY is going to equip two ships. Very few people, who haven't spent a ton of money, have two sets of tier 5 epic weapons and duplicate yellow/blues laying around in inventory. It's laughable that any F2P or semi-F2P person will play two ships now that they dropped the requirement to one.

Infamy based on performance? I don't even want to get started on this, because it is such a ridiculous concept and promotes selfish gameplay. Who decided the metrics for this calculation? What has the game done to insure reapers/speeders/enforcers/fixers get credit for the intangible things those ships bring besides damage?

My end summary: I congratulate the developers on finally solving the Nightmare reset issue(they should have done this 6 months ago when people actually still played ranked battles). This update will not cause a mass exodus at BattleBay, but it will continue the slow trickle of players leaving the game.

18. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Only if you want me to share my terrible losing streaks with you lol. But yeah I played way too much during the last rivalry to beat my ex-guildmates. Been using questing weapons and lost too much infamy

Sidd gamer likes this.
  19. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Will the 17 people above 5k tier up to nightmare II next season?

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019
    Nikkie! likes this.
  20. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Just don't judge the update before it has even launched...

Su-57 likes this.