1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

They should have had the ranked mode stay the same or swap( every season/few seasons just to keep it more interesting like different game modes in events but without the crazy modifiers they put in sometimes. Also at my rank (ace 2) I haven't noticed any major lagging I mean I haven't played in two weeks or so but I have played since the last update.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019
    Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Somebody please elaborate it .

3. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Oh hell yes!! Looks better than I thought it would - and YOU LISTENED TO US!!! That's the best part of the update for me - another tier for Nightmare league will help with the start of season cluster**** we currently endure.
    Standard torp and Big bandage look quite good to me, but will have to see how they perform in game.
    Also love the new casual mode, perfect for when you want to try new weapons, or just wanna raise some hell!
    Still need a little more clarification on the new Hardcore Death match modes though... Of I only have 2 ships at a usable level, will that mean I'm limited to 1 respawn? Or will I go back to the first ship I selected?
    Eg Enfo 1 and Shooter 2
    Play 1.... Die. Respawn in 2.... Die. What happens next? Am I out of the game? Or do I go back to ship 1, and start the process over again?

4. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

You can switch, but don't have to .. It's purely to give big spenders a reason to max out a seperate set of items for each ship. It won't change anything for 99.9% of players.

5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    its little difficult to understand . in last two three battles I got multiple fixers in my team against 5 shooters . in two battles i did the highest dmg tried to save the battles but i lost 2-3 battles in row. its happened sometimes when i lost 200infamy even putting all efforts . so how its gonna work on this kinda situation.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but the OP says
    So I don't think we will need to invest in multiple turbos, shields etc if we bring only one ship to battle

Sidd gamer and Ash KOT like this.
  7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Seeing you loads in matches lately, we should fleet sometime :D

HAPPY SITHSHA and Sidd gamer like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Um... Where did you get this information?
    IMG_20190109_224259.jpg
    From what I gather, that's not what Zeus said.

9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    then its really stupid idea if its not based on performance of the players . if new infamy system going to be more negative then what we have now . then lots of players gonna quit the game .

10. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    You're saying a bunch of wrong stuff. How about you wait until the update since your facts are faulty? You really need to stop talking now.

11. =BroHiLL=

=BroHiLL= New Member

Oh yeah bring on the chests deal as well

Sidd gamer and JoshW like this.
  12. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    hope its based on performance . because in last two three battle i did the most dmg but because had multiple fixers who wasn't even fixing . i lost battles . so losing infamy not feel good .

But how they gonna judge performance of Yellow boats. mostly yellow boats do less dmg but they distract unfriendly ships . confused targeting system in some situation . how they gonna judge that .

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Big bandage seems to only be useful on a defender. If you don't plan to main a defender I'd suggest combining as many blue parts as you can before the update to have better chances at shields.

14. KenZer

KenZer Member

Interesting, looking forward to these! :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Grand_Paladin

Grand_Paladin Active Member

Awesome update

X•H!B!T likes this.
  16. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

Disappointed in this announcement. No mention of coin saving, matchmaking mess, targeting problem and lag problem. These are huge playability issues.

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  17. AbdulRaheem:)

AbdulRaheem:) New Member

Woo hoo, can’t wait. Seems interesting and possibly climb infamy faster. Love the new nightmare level, 5k. Wonder what the seasons rewards for it will be? More gold, sugar etc? Finally, been waiting for this. Just please give us 5 more inventory space for free. Thank you.

Sidd gamer and Su-57 like this.
  18. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Depending on healing output, it might also be good on speeder (and smaller maybe on shooter) with a small shield

Sidd gamer likes this.
  19. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It better be waaaay better than the current bandage for that.

20. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Based on the issues I saw in game, what I read here, and how it should work, it seemed the most logical (straightforward and common sense) explanation. I assumed they saw an issue and fixed it.

Why should a 3800 infamy player lose 30 infamy simply because they had a 5500 infamy teammate in the match? They shouldn't. So, you adjust the infamy gained or lost based on their infamy in relation to the mean. If they won a match against stronger players, they get more infamy and vice-versa. But ... that's apparently incorrect.

I assumed they wouldn't create a system where there was any motivator other than winning. It appears my assumptions made an a** of myself.

Let's see how this system would work ...

If infamy gained or lost is adjusted based on damage dealt, then most high dps shooters or interceptors will lose less infamy or gain more infamy than most assassin speeders (which would make it more difficult for speeders to climb rankings, especially if they're playing in a mine-heavy matches).

If it's k/d ratio, then kill stealing will be a priority (e.g., I'm better off using my railgun on an enemy that's 2 seconds away from burning to death rather than the full health shooter next to them). This would probably an advantage for speeders. It's not unusual for me to rack up 7+ kills with my speeder while doing half the damage of shooters. Regardless, it's not exactly promoting teamwork.

Or, do you count shots absorbed by defensive walls or Tesla shields towards contributions? Does the aura count towards this contribution? I assume that repair boats will still be given a bonus contribution once they get the "life-saver" notification (so you're better off taking a dive rather than racking up points for the fixer if your team is clearly going to win or lose). What about shots that you dodge? Because you're certainly attracting enemy attention.

Or is it some super complicated formula that determines contribution using 50 different factors .. so that everyone is confused and annoyed when they see the match results and the infamy gained or lost compared to their team ...?

So, it's like power scores .. but for ranking. Mmk. Much better.

Yeah .. the credit I was giving for fixing a solitary issue in the update was apparently sorely mistaken. My bad. All incorrect posts (with praise for making a positive change) have been deleted.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019