1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Dear Captains,

the new update is just around the corner and we have a bunch of awesome and new things for you in store!
    We will go live THIS WEEK still - so stay alert. :)
    Without further ado:

NEW
    • Casual Mode: Play the game for fun and complete quests without the fear of losing infamy! There is no league bonus, for that you have to play Ranked Mode!
    • Hardcore Team Deathmatch lets you play with your whole shipyard and bring more than one ship into battle. When your ship is destroyed during battle, you respawn in a different ship that you own.
      You only need one ship to be able to play this game mode. However, when you bring only one ship,once you are sinked, you won't respawn.
    • Added new tier to Nightmare League!
      [​IMG]
      Nightmare I (minimum requirement 5K Infamy) and Nightmare II (minimum requirement 4K Infamy) will be available with the next Season after the Update goes live.
    Items:

StandardTorpedo.png
    • Standard torpedo
      A hybrid between swift torpedo and big torpedo! Standard torpedo is for those situations where you want a lot of aoe damage, fast!
    BigBandage.png

• Big Bandage
      Another alternative for those who want more regen in their 2-slot blue slots!
    Special:
    TwitchBattleTVLogo05.png
    • Battle Bay hits Twitch!
      We will have a 24/7 LIVE STREAM on our official channel PlayBattlebay where you can watch the top Captains battle it out Day & Night!
    BALANCING
    • Nerfed Firebomb damage by 10%
    IMPROVEMENTS
    • Significantly increased Season Rewards
      Pieces, power cells and parts have all been increased for every league and sugar has been added as a reward!
    • Battle Bonus rewards:
      gold and sugar battle rewards are doubled.
      HOWEVER: Casual and Event battles do not receive the reward bonus from your league tier. Only Ranked uses the bonus. now.
    • Changed Infamy to be more granular so that it better reflects your performance over time. Everyone will gain their personalized infamy!
    BUG FIXES
    • Ship sfx are now back to normal decibel levels
    • Fixed defender hybrid slot displaying wrong slot value(s) when exchanging teal and blue items.
    Announcements!

Events

Events will start again as soon as the update goes live.
    In the first week we will hold a couple of “flash” events, 2 days each featuring the new Hardcore Team Deathmatch game mode. We are very excited about this and want to hear all your feedback! Please let us know your thoughts on Discord!

After that, regular rotation of events will continue as you know it. :)

Seasons
    Season 62 starting Monday 14th will feature Team Eliminiation as usual.
    Future seasons may use other battle modes.

2. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Looking forward!

3. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Whoop Whoop! Firebomb finally got what was coming to it!
    (Also really hyped about having casual all the time)

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019
  4. Katie-T

Katie-T New Member

So no increase in battle rewards, and acquiring new weapons is still just as hard, even after you added these new items that makes progression even harder for the items we like ...

I'm gonna quit, guys..Who is with me??
    More than anything, community needs more battle rewards.

And what about ship level progression?? I thought you were going to reduce the insane amount of gold required to upgrade them, at least that's what response from Zeus on discord lead you to believe.

5. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

I still don't want tdm in ranked, I wish they'd give us the choice elimination or tdm

Ekans_Hissy likes this.
  6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Ugh more waiting.. just rip the big bandage off already.
    "New items" are somewhat disappointing, just variations of crap we already have.

7. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

Do we still get battle reward from playing Casual Mode?

Su-57 likes this.
  8. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

So can we switch weapons in HTD? Do we still need pieces for Leveling up Reaper?

Rubber Shooter007 and Sidd gamer like this.
  9. Mollypig

Mollypig Member

Disappointed that the major bugs in the gameplay mechanics have not been addressed (or not listed in notes)
    1. Aiming/Target lock/Smart targeting - this does not work and will not select an enemy within close range
    2. Lag/teleporting invisible ships - numerous complaints of this problem and makes game unplayable
    3. Unregistered shots/turbo bug/wall stutter bug - many shots do not connect as they should due to use of turbo and hugging a wall so you ship stutters position.
    4. Matchmaking balance - my main issue is the balance of the 10 players selected for battle. Eg an uneven spread of ship types (3 fixers v 0 fixers) or infamy

Hoping it’s they just haven’t mentioned these points but have done something about it

Fastfreddy, Earel, Jacko and 12 others like this.
  10. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

Same here..Utterly hate this update. After what they did to ship level progression you'd think they'd increase battle reward so that players can have just a bit more gold but nooooooo, devs have to make the progression more and more annoying and frustrating with each new update.

So looking forward to lose all interest in this game after this update, I thought they were gonna make it easier to acquire new weapons and items, but nooooo, they had to make progression even worse by adding this crap.

11. The Grim Repair

There are still normal battle rewards from Casual mode, yes. :)

12. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

The only problem I have is after scrapping my turbos and big shields I have only one viable version of each.
    Going to take a while to get a 2nd for another ship in ranked, and I dont want to take an sub par ship into a ranked battle.
    Looks like I will grind casual until RNGesus brings me some more turbos and shields :D

13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    are we gonna have better rewards to upgrade ship and items or getting items will be more difficult as now we need multiple ships .

14. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

So ...

One life per match is not "hardcore" .. but multiple lives is?

Or does "hardcore" mean something else? Is it "hardcore" because there will be more bugged invisible mines, more invisible shots randomly hitting you for damage, or is it because players will now lag teleport more often?

And .. New items! I guess I'll get to those after I get to the other 60-some odd epic duplicates I've had stored in my inventory for the last six months. :rolleyes:

Smart business plan though.

Rather than removing powercells and making parts cheaper (or match rewards better) to allow players to finally cycle through their inventory backlog, so that they might start spending money again ... we'll just rely on all of our big spenders to drop tens of thousands on 8 sets of shields, turbos, weapons, and all the new items (that everyone else won't get to a useable level for 2-3 years) .. then we'll come up with more items for them to buy .. and maybe even another ship or two so they'll have to buy items for those too. Rinse and repeat.

Oh, and more balancing is good. That should force out all the non-whales stuck with worthless items that have been nerfed to the ground. There will certainly be less whining with all the non-whales gone.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019
  15. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Can't agree more. Well said. :D

16. Markus Oksanen

Markus Oksanen New Member

After that, regular rotation of events will continue as you know it.

Noooo nobody wants twodays event in middle of work-week and of so we want to save our Long Hard earned coins.... And no we will not buy coins for real money....

GigaBeard, Earel, Ekans_Hissy and 4 others like this.
  17. The Grim Repair

Update on battle rewards bonus:
    Gold and sugar battle rewards are doubled.
    HOWEVER: Casual and Event battles do not receive the reward bonus from your league tier. Only ranked uses the bonus now.

( also edited in OP )

#CK, HAPPY SITHSHA, Ultrah and 6 others like this.
  18. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

How about the Nightmare League reset? It will be done only at 5000? 4000 - 5000 infamy players don’t get reset?

envylife, benguin8 and JoshW like this.
  19. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    • Changed Infamy to be more granular so that it better reflects your performance over time. Everyone will gain their personalized infamy!
    Somebody elaborate it please .

20. GTobik-CZ

GTobik-CZ New Member

100% true

Earel, Jacko, Ekans_Hissy and 6 others like this.