1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best cannon?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by GraveDragon, 5 Jan 2019.

?

Best cannon

Poll closed 4 Feb 2019.
  1. Standard cannon

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Blast cannon

27 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. Explosive cannon

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Sniper cannon

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

Out of the four cannons which do you think is the best. And what perks do you use on them?

2. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Blast cannon, hands down. Great damage, fairly quick reload, one slot point, chains well...

I use two event perks on mine (speedy cannon damage and chill cannon damage) I also use a damage to burning targets perk, and pair it with a flare gun.

GraveDragon and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

In my opinion,every cannon is unique in its own way.

Standard Cannon: Low Cooldown(3.9 sec) with Reasonable Damage,1-slot

Blast Cannon: High Damage,Reasonable Range and Cooldown,1-slot

Sniper Cannon: Low Damage than Blast Cannon,but has Greater Crit Chance,Long Range,1-slot

Explosive Cannon: #1 Cannon with the highest damage:eek:,Range slightly greater than Blast Cannon,Splash Damage Advantage, High Cooldown of 14.4 sec(that's the only disadvantage:(),2-slot

Every cannon works well in different situations;)

Last edited: 5 Jan 2019
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Not to mention a cult-like following among those who use it... :)
    And yeah. Hands down, the blast cannon. I'll never touch another cannon as long as I play BB, THAT's how much I love the blast.

5. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

My vote goes to "Sniper Cannon" because I'm a fan of Sniper(a user too:)) and I love it when it crits two times in a row;):cool:

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I currently have all 4 equipped on my shooter with a flare to boot lol.
    Definitely prefer Blast over the others though.

TheAntiSnipe and GraveDragon like this.
  7. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I am in love with Standard cannon and Exp Cannon . Standard cannon give me direct shots without need of leading most of the time and 90% shots hit when needed . quick reload and rang is good enough . exp cannons are for massive dmg but reload take time so when they cool down i use standard cannon. combination of one standard cannon and two exp cannons with firebomb work good for me . blast cannon is also good . sniper is useful in infamy league but after update 4.2 things may gonna change .

one of my friend use standard cannon and mine on speeder . he outperform most of the shooters . and i saw him reaching 1500+ infamy from 600 very fast .

Last edited: 7 Jan 2019
  8. GraveDragon

How much damage does an epic explosive deal compared to epic blast at max training?

9. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Explosives do more damage. Not sure about the specifics, but it is slightly more. Blast is still generally considered to be better because the damage is almost as good and it has slightly better reload time and projectile speed.

TheAntiSnipe and JoshW like this.
  10. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

My epic EC 50 with damage and burn perks does 1828 to a non burning enemy 2700 to a burning enemy and crits between 3800 and 4400

Last edited: 5 Jan 2019
  11. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Yeah, blast for me too.
    I run a pair on pretty much every ship I play - one t5E with damage/event perks and one t2L with all crit chance perks. Love seeing that 3.2k crit pop up

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

ExC with fire perk.

13. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I chose sniper rout early on in game because it was sooo hard (almost suicidal) to get close enough to other ships to use other cannons early on lol especially at mk2 and 3 with noob gear facing multiple mk5s
    I really hate sniper now tho! I find it soo underwhelming compared to blast or ex cannons of equal lvl
    I used a t4 rare sniper for a long time and eventually got my epic to t4 and scored leggy through achievements, but rarely use sniper now even tho it’s my only cannon
    Rngesus is very cruel to me too lol still don’t have a decent blast or ex to equip
    Snipers regularly go 3 shots with out goin critical and sometimes even more while they do occasionally get multiple crits back to back it’s far more likely not too
    And 3 hits of 500-600 in a row is almost out done by 1 blast hit from an equal lvl blast while its crit is barely as good as blasts standard hits
    They’re ease of use and almost guaranteed hit rate at long range in my opinion doesn’t make up for thier lack of damage

Last edited: 6 Jan 2019
    Aether_Zero and envylife like this.
  14. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I dont have the same perks on both but some math can work it out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GraveDragon, Sewah and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

How did u get the extra 2 percent?
    My ExC is the top picture.
    pixlr_20190107215012510.jpg

16. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Turbo perk maybe, with 2% damage boost to all weapons.

TheAntiSnipe, Sewah and V__ like this.
  17. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

yes Turbo perk and i believe i got matched with you in the event Mad Bull, well played

Mad_Bulls_007, TheAntiSnipe and Sewah like this.
  18. GraveDragon

Screenshot_2019-01-08-02-36-00-716_com.rovio.battlebay.png I just maxed this out. Gives me a crit of 2000 every alternate hit or even more. I usually pair this up with my grenade's fire which makes the critical above 2200. As i don't have an epic EC, I really am not able to compare which is better.

StrictSalmon307 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Standard Canon was by far my favorite weapon for the first 2/3 of my BB career.. but it's cooldown isn't much of a benefit on my Shooter, and I'm lacking Epic Cells to build one.
    What I do know is that standard canon is at the bottom of the list because its damage is not enough in later leagues.

So I've just been using what RNGeezus gave me BC and ExC for many a moon, and I just built my first T5E Sniper. On all my BC's and ExC's I use a mix of all the perks, Fire/Crit/Damage. Sniper I'm still warming up to... being used to regular 3k hits from BC/ExC with crits and fire, Sniper feels a bit underwhelming, particularly on a brawler setup, so I'm having to re-learn how to best make use of it after all this time not having one.

20. R@jith anand

R@jith anand Well-Known Member

My vote is to sniper;).

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.