1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Reporting a bot/cheat

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Iunch, 6 Jan 2019.

1. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

I've no idea where to do this and as I've been reporting this "person" (note, not actually a person) regularly and not a thing had been done, I can only assume that the in game reporting is utterly useless and not worth the time...... so here I am.

The "player" in question goes by the name [REMOVED BY MOD], which could not be a less apt name as they hit so many mines you'd think there was an achievement for it.

Having them on your team is almost always an auto loss.
    Here's the replay link to my last battle. Watch from their perspective to witness the precision wall shooting and cycling weapons with no target while running into groups of 5 boats:
    https://replay.battlebay.net/TQPPLBVP#YTRVHQZX

I know calling someone out like this is probably frowned upon, but keep in mind there is no way this is an actual person and the in game reporting system is obviously useless.

I know you're rubbish at fixing in game issues, but surely fixing an issue of one cheating account should be within your limited abilities.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Jan 2019
  2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

If you can contact a MVP or MOD in the game, like our trusted and respected #TheAntiSnipe, they can often help you out.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol aim bot in battle bay
    I encountered what I think was a similar thing a while back, the player was using 3 snipers and 2 tri torps ( the torps weren’t very effectiv) the snipers never missed and nailed people the second they pecked corners
    Tho it’s movement was very poor and spent most of the match almost stationary grinding against walls and only moved somewhat normally when there was no line of sight on any enemies
    For a short time I encountered him regularly

I messaged grim with the replay and she got back to me the very next day saying they’d look into it and I never saw him again

Last edited: 6 Jan 2019
    Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

wait until you level up more and get matching with all of those HP, HP999 HPsss and others lol

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hold up. EVERYONE'S getting those minespamming, stickythrottling players with HP names? Dang.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Their whole guild is doing it lol, everyone running defender with 3 mines or shooter with 5. Me and the other have been reported them for a million times but still, nothing happened.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Mines

I hate mines

I wish theres an item that can pick up enemy mines and throw it back to enemies like angry bird catapult, its sure will be fun

8. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

i love my level 21 mines with 4 uncommon perk tho, great for path blocking

Sewah and Sidd gamer like this.
  9. X•H!B!T

X•H!B!T New Member

He actually tried his best. Look at his infamy he is new in this game. He is in learning stage. Give him time and let him understand game . All are not good players here like you. Some are noobs also like me .

And atleast in event ( where no fear to lose infamy) . All players have right to use whatever they want to use . And have right to try new setups , new ships .

:):)

Sidd gamer, Su-57 and Nikkie! like this.
  10. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    *cough* *coughs louder*
    I think you aren’t a good example as noob:D
    Because you play very good and your weapons and infamy are very good too... :):p

Sidd gamer and X•H!B!T like this.
  11. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

Can i know their guild tag? Just wanna show that unique guild to my friends.

12. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I have seen him lots of times in battle , maybe he is just a little kid don't be hard . and other team have No Mercy , you had less chance of win . No Mercy is really good .

X•H!B!T likes this.
  13. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Did you watch from "his" point of view? The relative cycling of weapons and constant shooting, even with no target. Obviously has auto pilot on, never tries to avoid anything, just straight at the nearest boat.
    It's 100% a bot. As for being new 5.5k games isn't that new, certainly been around long enough to know you can't shoot through walls and mines will kill you.

Here's another one (yes I played average and died a lot. The only way to win with this thing on your team is to charge and hope you can kill them quickly)
    https://replay.battlebay.net/PLCYTCQK#YTRVHQZX
    Still nothing done

14. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

15. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i stopped playing normal league because there were some player who do the same . i reported them but nothing happened . they just run into unfriendly to die . i have watched your replay by his prospective he is doing same thing which demotivated me to play normal battles because i had enough. but In event if [REMOVED BY MOD] is in my team or otherside doesn't matter . 80% battles i have won . there are some other players to which i don't wana mentioned here . but keep eye on them if they are in my team or in unfriendly. then i play accordingly .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  16. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Like I said, bad players happen, they're frustrating, but it's not malicious or against the ToS.
    This is different. He has 1904 wins from 5353 battles. That's 35% win rate. I've almost never seen more that a couple of percent either side of 50%.
    It's a bot that is ruining 4 people's game every time he queues up in direct violation of the very first bullet point under "Code of Conduct" in the ToS, yet nothing is being done about it despite dozens of reports.

Sidd gamer, TheAntiSnipe and Su-57 like this.
  17. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

He is bad at the game, looking at how many times he hit the wall, the poor guy didn't know how to turn the auto pilot on. And when he is shooting, it is not like he shoots randomly, the target actually locked in but the distance is too great for him to land a hit or was blocked by obstacles

18. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Auto target and auto pilot explain the driving skills and shooting.
    It's hot a poor guy, it's a bot.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

20. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Bump coz this arse hair is still ruining my battles and devs still do fuck all about in game reporting.

Edit: changing back to original language. Seems non employees of the company give more of a shit than the actual developers do

Last edited: 16 Jan 2019
    Sidd gamer likes this.