1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a bad idea or not?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Vile Kyle, 4 Jan 2019.

1. Vile Kyle

Vile Kyle Member

after you complete a legendary damage weapon quest would be cool. if it reset to a new 1 million or more countdown for a duplicate? so many actually would have a chance to level up a legendary.

2. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    How would that work though? Would all contributors get the Legendary Item, or just the player who completed the quest?

It's a neat idea, but I'm not sure how it would be implemented.

3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    yeah good idea to have reset on achievement to get another copy of legendary. i like it because there is no other way to get legendary copies . i mean you can combine item pieces but getting item pieces is not easy .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

This is an absolutely brilliant idea, that will hook many players, and bring them to play this game again and again if there was a promise of getting a weapon you want and upgrading it.
    I for one would play this game over and over to reach that achievement. And would also give many f2p players a little bit equal footing with p2w players if they are willing to grind for it.

But it's absolutely never gonna be implemented, cause rovio somehow think if you make playing experience miserable and grind uncertain, frustrating and annoying. Players will buy loot boxes in droves.

Rovio won't just make playing experience better without a catch to grab even more money out of players.

And that's why I won't shed a single tear(metaphorically) after the next update drops, and many players decided to just ditch these greedy company once and for all .

5. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

He is not talking about guild quest, he is talking about weapon specific achievement. At least I hope so.

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It would give every player access to high tier legendaries, in quite a short space of time. I don’t think that’s something they want to do. I also don’t think it will make any difference to players. You would get access to better weapons, but so would every other player. Ultimately, all you end up with is power creep.

I’m quite happy with weapon progression at the moment. The only issue, I think, is that the step up from t5 Epic to t3 legendary is a bit too slow, even for NML players. @xArrogance has posted about this, and as a top 50 player, he probably has much better insight into the current avenues of progression for top players, than I do.

Nikkie!, benguin8 and Elyport like this.
  7. Elyport

Elyport Member

This would make weapon spamming even more miserable to deal with. Imagine desperate players using more mines, or firebombs or torpedos... uhhh :mad:. Current events are the platform for us to experience this madness and it really sucks. Don't encourage it. Hopefully the new update will bring something to end this, atleast in the player mentality level.

Instead of resetting weapon achievements, I think a better way to gain epic cells would be useful for more players. Epic level 50 is still really powerful and I think it takes fewer resources than developing an item above Legendary tier 3. A solution to this epic cell shortage is constantly being requested by many players but rovio shows no attention.

Vile Kyle and ViscountSniffit like this.
  8. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Getting an item is just one thing, good luck upgrading it. Legendary at T3 is only a bit better than maxed Epic but the upgrade cost is painful to deal with, i would choose to get maxed epics every single time.

Aether_Zero and benguin8 like this.
  9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Is this a bad thing? Fortnite has no progression, everyone has equal items, players come solely for the competitive aspects, and its player base is far, FAR greater than BB, an it's income is astronomical.

10. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

E20D27FC-C367-44EA-AA79-6FEB035C10D5.gif

11. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

OI DEVS - LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS.

12. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Oh, thanks.

It could work, but the goal would have to be closer to 100 000 000 damage (to be ten times the previous achievement), and that is far out of reach for a lot of players.

13. envylife

50M is at least 1 year's worth of consistent play. What is the issue with granting 1 more legendary after a year of effort? That's a great way to keep people in the game. I'd suggest 25-50M as the next goal, at the very most.

Vile Kyle likes this.
  14. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I'm not agreeing until Rovio somehow allows yellow, blue, and teal item achievements.

15. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Yep, another example of devs ignoring what the whole player base wanted and rather adding new content nobody ever asked for.

16. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

That sounds good and you could tack Tesla shield and stuns based on duration maybe. How would you track ob and nitro? Also would you track frost by duration as well?
    If you have a feasible way of tracking yellow suggest it on discord and get it voted so Zeus can respond. I'm not sure they have the time to come up with a way to track yellow so maybe if you have a solid method they may actually like it.

17. Agile Vanguard

Tesla shield-Damage blocked (because you can't upgrade duration and that's probaly against what the Devs want.)

Frost- Effect (because you can't upgrade duration and that's probaly against what the devs want.)

Overboost- Number of activations.

Nitro- Travel distance.

Tesla bolt- Duration. I would prefer number of times hit to introduce skill, but again, you can't upgrade that or effect so duration would be a better choice for a game like this.

(I suggested the opposite of what you would expect for overboost and nitro because at higher levels overboost has a very large travel distance and nitro has a very short cooldown. The Devs probaly don't want progression to be too fast as seen in the last few updates.)

TheAntiSnipe and Hellcat_17 like this.
  18. Agile Vanguard

As much as I hate how the game is going right now, we did request new ships and a faster gameplay. Plus there are many item requests on the forums and discord every day. The devs just deliver it in a weird and sometimes awful way we don't expect.

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  19. envylife

That's the core of the issue... players asked for quicker games, the devs interpreted that as added agility. The players complained again about how long 5v5 TDM was, so the devs replaced ranked with it.

Elyport and TheAntiSnipe like this.