1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Update 4.2 sneak peak!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 21 Dec 2018.

1. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

yes, a small obstruction of maybe 6-12 months. To get those increased rewards you have to play new ranked. i'm gonna quit instead of keep playing

Redneck Messiah and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
    Only people I meet that have heard of it are the one's I've told about it. I've had only one person start playing after watching me play. I don't have a smart phone so can't play on the go and demonstrate.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  3. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Almost everyone else will have the same “obstruction”, so balance should be fine. P2W players will progress faster but that should be expected in any freemium game.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

TDM is not an equal match, one bad player who dies 8 times and you might as well float. I have seen it before. I also expect more floaters, when their team is 6 ships behind. At least with the normal battles if you were dead you could go quickly to another one. Now if you have a bad team you have to wait 5 minutes for it to pass, so hence people will float much quicker.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Eh I don't buy it... I'll keep bringing up the Fortnite comparison because it doesn't rely on Middleaged women or offline mode... and even though we all know about it, we get to watch Fortnite ads on Battle Bay. Potential players not knowing about Battle Bay has been the issue since global launch.

SlayerofSergeants and Sidd gamer like this.
  6. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Well.. in most games update means bunch of new stuffs which keepa to occupied for months. For eg. In coc they give lvls to weapons for which players farm for days for each weapon upgrade.
    So u want nothing to work for in coming months??

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    Honestly, I don’t understand why people hate this. I personally have played dozens of games with and without stranger matchups, and frankly, they are MORE fun, it uses more strategy.

Only problem is that half the time we get brainless teammates.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

So yo want to lose quickly? Bro even in current ranked 2 players can change the game as long as their teammates stays alive. This is a fact. 99% time there are two MVPs. But if there teammates dies and leave them to alone against enemy team. They get destroyed by sheer numbers. They could have manged to kill them one by one. TDM Saves Skilled player from getting mobbed.
    And about a player dying 8 times. How about you use him as meat shield and do more dmg.
    NM is no luck. Its little teamwork( i.e team don't die, and sheer power of MVPs)

9. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Here is one thing to remember from the sneak peek. Infamy will no longer be based only on wins and losses and it will not just be -24 or +24. If you lose and just float and give up you might lose 24, but if you do really well and lose you might only lose -5 or possibly still gain infamy. Imagine if top player on the losing team still gained infamy so they are not punished for their team???

The infamy structure will change let’s see what it looks like first

Sidd gamer and JoshW like this.
  10. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It should cost something to respawn.
    Like -5 infamy per respawn.
    That would stop the suiciders.

Sidd gamer and Aether_Zero like this.
  11. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Good point. If they base it on a system similar to coin distribution in events then it could look much different than it does now. It will also affect the boats people play I think.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't want to lose quickly at all. But I hate Deathmatch, just too chaotic and respawning causes most people to play recklessly. Not all, but by far most people do play like that.

BattleRascal and Redneck Messiah like this.
  13. envylife

That's the thing, TDM is an entirely different game than team elimination, so whatever we thought we knew about infamy will no longer be applicable. What is really important to do is to reward based on the goal of the match... kill / death ratio + damage/heals. Ignoring that first measure makes Infamy an invalid number.

Sidd gamer and Redneck Messiah like this.
  14. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Dev, put more info on the new update so we can start making plans.

If i had know earlier about dual boat tdm, i wouldnt have scrap all my redundant items.

Come on dev, be fair to us by sharing info on the new updates.

15. envylife

That would be a first. When boats went from 7 to 50 levels you think they wanted to give advance notice that upgrading boats was going to increase by 800%? Of course not. While they have indicated progression will be improved this next release, that's only because they are now requiring us to bring 2+ boats filled with unique and leveled up items to battle... so even if they increased gold/sugar/pearls by 50%, our loadouts need to be filled by 200%+. Just plan on everything going forward to be more expensive than the past, and you'll be safe. :D

16. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

This is such an underrated statement. The Banderas's part actually made me laugh really bad..

On the other hand, reading the comments on this post makes me feel really good about the fact I quit, so thanks :)

Last edited: 5 Jan 2019
    Sidd gamer, RACK STAR and Sewah like this.
  17. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I think to lack of blue items will greatly reduce the number of defenders in TDM. I can see a lot of shooter speeder combos or shooter enforcer combos. I am wondering if interceptor speeder combo will work as well.

18. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I think Fish hit the nail on the head that infamy might look more like coin distribution rather than it is today. I also think TDM will be you only get 1 respawn and then once you die 2X you are out. Just a hunch but if you are bringing 2 boats my guess is you get to use each one once.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  19. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It says at least 2. So we don't know if it means you only get to use two and you're done or if you can keep repawning with however many you have equipped for battle.
    It would be nice to outfit all ships so you can choose your repawning ship based on what your opponents are using.

That being said it will add another layer of strategy to the game. And tracking which players are using which ships will be a challenge.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  20. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

If you can respawn more than once I think it will still be alternating ships. Otherwise everyone would keep picking their primary ship instead of truly equipping 2 ships. I like the idea of choosing based on how they unfriendliness are playing but it would easily be abused.

Last edited: 7 Jan 2019
    Sidd gamer likes this.