1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-tanking routine actually assists the tankers!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by USDT~___V___, 31 Dec 2018.

1. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

Guys I'm NOT a tanker, but the terrible matchmaking and the anti- tanking sub--routine can actually make it easier to go vey low in infamy. It can also penalize those who are not tanking, but have been victims of two things: 1) poor matchmaking 2) notoriety - when you've played many games for many months, you may be the first target of any entire team. Once you're taken out early you are at the mercy of the other 80% of the team.

Your infamy gets so low you can no longer fleet with anyone and yet, your still opposed n by players at the higher level. Can you see how this can make it easy too go lower? Or, in my case you become a victim of the system and get stuck progressively lower.

Then comes the nay- saying players who assume (incorrectly, in my case) that your tanking. You get harassing PM's and Discord chat lights up with allegations of tanking without ever asking what the problem might be.

Fleeting - if you're going to force me to play the same level players as I played before the matchmaking got screwed up, at least give me the ability to fleet with players at the level.

I'm currently in the 200's. Assuming the typical 55% win ratio, I'll be on Medicare before I get back to Aces I.

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you are in the 2000's not the 200's? Many long-time Ace I players are in the same situation, and I've outlined why many times.

NML Reset - This effectively cuts off 1500 of the, generally, 5500 Infamy available every two weeks. It takes the better part of a week for all that to shake out, but with the perpetual events, there's no longer enough time to stretch out Infamy again as everyone just grinds mindlessly in events for better guild contributions.

The result is that everyone's Infamy is now compressed into the 1-4000 Range, so prior 3000's are going to be hard pressed to get out of the 2000's range until Rovio fixes their system, and/or re-aligns the League system to match the new Infamy they created. It's a mess, but it's not you.

Su-57, Sidd gamer and Prime Lightning like this.
  3. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

It is actually now about 185....I haven't seen 2k in over weeks!

4. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

Same thing happening to me. I stayed above 3k from Mk5-Mk7, usually hitting a season high of 3600-3800. I even made NML once. Then after last update, my infamy is 2500-3000. Repeatedly stuck with players who die in 30 sec, and have no sense of teamwork or strategy. Its very frustrating and I’ve almost quit the game several times. Only because I love my guild that I keep playing. Also I’m seeing ALOT of players who were at higher infamy down here too. It can’t be that we’re all bad players. Something is definitely wrong with the system. Why you think so many NML players don’t play ranked?

Sidd gamer and Hellcat_17 like this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's a slightly different issue than the rest of us are seeing. If you were over 3k in the past 6 months, you should be in the 2000's. Are you being put into 2000-3000 matches? That may be the anti-tanking measure you are seeing, and I agree, it's unfair because it doesn't let you get back into place. I'd rather see Infamy floors than this type of match manipulation.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Hammerhead-Shark

Hammerhead-Shark New Member

V is 200 infamy, dropped down from 4000. He is the victim of the bad matchmaking system. That is sad

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

No, my matches have been high 3k to sometimes 4200. Occasionally, the top numbers will be 3600's with the lowest player, besides me, at 2800.

8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

With the incoming drastic change to infamy acquisition I'm sure somebody has thought out some measure to finally kill the unnecessary punishment for wavering 800 +/-, and possibly even corrected the fleeting margins on events, including gear scores on single vessels.
    There's always hope until there isn't.

benguin8 likes this.
  9. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

Here's hoping that you are 100% correct!

10. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

I would like to contact a dev to see if something is wrong with my account. When you lose 1500 more games than you win in less than a month, s something is seriously wrong.

11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    players lost sense of teamwork due to TDM events . i have stopped playing rank battles . i reached 784 max then started losing because i saw lots of players trying to play normal battle as TDM . they run into unfriendly by thinking they will respawn . one by one they get sinked . when i saw this kind of players in lots of battles i stopped playing ranked battles . not fun losing infamy due to others . Infamy should be based on individual performance .

12. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

UPDATE-- The Forum is the only way to communicate with Devs. There is no other way according to Rovio.

13. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

You don't need dev help here because there is nothing wrong with your account. The game doesn't make you suddenly lose 1500 games just because of "bad" matchmaking. Sometimes you get weaker teams and sometimes stronger teams. It will even out in long term.

The only way people here can help you is if you share some of your battle replays so we can have a look and see what is wrong. Do you know how to share a replay link?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

You can try here:
    https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’m not sure that they will say much beyond “sorry but we need to do this” and “try fleeting”. That was the basic response when I contacted them about the same thing more than 1.5yrs ago. I don’t think anything has changed really.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

I actually wrote to Rovio about this. They responded that they don’t handle those issues through customer support, but rather through the forums. Lol. Good luck

16. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Just stop playing ranked, events are way more fun and less frustrating. Or if you want to get back, expect to do most of the work by yourself i guess.