1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Estimated Wait Time: FOREVER

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Major Major, 21 Dec 2018.

1. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

What is going on with the game lately? Last evening, it took up to 5 minutes for a game to start in normal team elimination mode. I'd get a message like ESTIMATED WAIT TIME: 29 SECONDS and then it would sit there at SOON.. SOON.. SOON.. This has been happening a lot lately. I don't think this is due to the special events, which divert many players from the main game to the event.
    What is going on?!? Maybe people just gave up on Battle Bay, there really ARE no players available?

M4merc and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

Back to bay takes forever too. It's seems servers can't function anymore

3. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

I am spending more time waiting for games than playing. This game has become less exciting than playing Solitaire.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Yeah because most players already have quitted already I'm on too fortnite Btw.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

And tho what's the point of replying the devs they don't give a **** they always make new items and ships and not fixing any problems and bugs...

JediKnight1968 likes this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

No one plays ranked any longer... they are all in Events. It's not because people don't like ranked, or that Events offer better rewards than ranked (they don't), it's that Events offer higher Guild contributions, which is the only place to get tangible progress rewards in the bay, and even that is paltry.

AntiHero and Sidd gamer like this.
  7. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

Luckily there are ppl who prefer normal mode more actually. In a ranked game, while the matchmaking is as broken as events, infamy plays a large part in weighing the balance thus you could actually expect some decent teamwork, whereas in events you can encounter all sorts of... let's just say incompetents.
    I myself is a dedicated fixer and the game really burns out fast if I keep babysitting incompetents.

That being said, yeah the rank mode waiting time sometimes give me an illusion that the game is dying...

8. envylife

I prefer ranked strategy over events as well, but I think the matchmaking in ranked is worse than events at this point. I don't know what's going on in ranked but my teammates are very hit and miss, so I keep having to bail out after a few games of disappointment. In Events Rovio seems to have *finally* figured out that matching based on both Captain Level and Gear Score for Event match participants is the way to go, and I applaud them for that. Now if I see top players, they have dropped their GS, and now we are on level ground.... the way events were supposed to be from the beginning.

JediKnight1968 likes this.
  9. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

I felt you at the beginning and cheered for that matching mechanism because back then I kept being 2-shot by ppl with 1-3k GS higher than me in ranked. However, in the recent months, I find that infamy is the closest thing that can represent the average performance of a player instead of GS+ captain level.
    An easy example would be that, you can barely find any suicidal mine spammer in ranked while they are like rabbits in events. Actually, suicidal play in general is rarer and rarer as you climb up in leagues. Also, while there are idiots who ignore team commu or go hardcore lone wolf in both modes, you can effectively avoid this player if it is ranked mode, by stop playing for couple of mins and it will be gone for good because that kind of performance would lead to rapid infamy drop (potentially you might never see it again in ranked if you are good enough). In events mode? Hell I have been matching with some players that I have blocked and reported several times for foul play and yet they are still there raining shit storm.

10. envylife

You are conflating player rating and match types. Ranked does reward strategy, but Events reward damage without harming a player's rating, so you will see more suiciders in Events is due to the reward system. If you prefer Ranked, it's not because Infamy is a better matcher, it's because you prefer strategy. You can further see this because there is almost no team communication in Events... it's a free-for-all damage fest.

In that, I do not believe Infamy is a better matcher because it is missing several items in the current iteration of BB
    1. Not all players participate. Either they just like the damage fest without consequences, or they sit tight on their league standing to get the rewards they want with no further risk. IMO Infamy should degrade over time without regular play... i.e., if you play a bunch of events without playing ranked to keep up your league credentials (which ultimately feed the Event battle rewards).
    2. Nightmare League Reset. Legitimate 5500 Infamy players can just sit at 4000 Infamy because, again they can play perpetual events, and when they do play ranked they are very underrated. This results in a large pushdown.
    3. Being 1 of 5 team members requires a really good matchmaking system to result in true Infamy. IMO there's too much manipulation, and there's too much Infamy spread in matches. Why should a 2000 Infamy player have 2800 Infamy players in a match? That's a 40% difference, and that results in extra suppression of players that would otherwise have it easy rising up from 2000. And that's only the tip of the iceberg for match manipulation. I'd rather see it using a very tight infamy range, say +/- 10%, and random side balancing than all the rest of the crap that happens.
    4. Infamy needs floors. There's no reason that Captain 50 players with T5E across the board should be sub 1000 Infamy, but they are there, and there are cases where the infamy tanking system keeps them there.
    5. I could go on... I'm actually hoping for a complete overhaul in v4.2

El_Carocho and JediKnight1968 like this.
  11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    what you need to do is retry when wait is taking more time then 15-30 seconds . it work for me most of the time .

12. VincentP

VincentP Member

Well, wait then until we have 3 game modes instead of 2, I guess we will have to wait much longer.

13. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Maybe they are patching the main server and we are using temporary server