1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you still grind for Legendary Event Perks?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ultrah, 31 Dec 2018.

?

Do you still grind for Legendary Event Perks?

1. Yes!

2. Nope!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Vote was nope... Changed it. To nope. #DealWithIt

Agile Vanguard, Kurd1stan. and JoshW like this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Grind for the perk... No!
    I grind for weapon achievements, guild quests, and to avoid the NML reset clusterf*ck for the first week of every season.

Aether_Zero and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

The reward system is seriously broken. Since the change, my progression came to a screeching halt. Event perks? What are those?

Rovio screwed the pooch on this one...bigly!

4. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Can someone show this thread to the developers and tell Zeus that just because he doesn't like the idea doesn't mean it's a bad idea. They need to suck it up and give the game what the majority of players want. They need to remember this is a game for us and we pay their salaries. If we want we can quit at anytime. They will eventually lose too many players to keep the game going if they continue this path of only doing things they like and not giving the players what we all want

5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I want a legendary item every month :(.

Last edited: 31 Dec 2018
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Wow... 0-36. I expected more "yes" otherwise why do we have continual no-life non-rollover events?

This poll should be an eye opener for Rovio.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Lets not get personal, it will just put us down.
    We all appreciate devs reply and now getting answer of our questions on regular basis is more then we asked for.

8. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I grinded my heart out for the rail gun event. I really wanted to get the rail cool down perk. But, I knew I had a very less chance to get it. But, I still hoped for the best. And sadly, I didn't get it. But, I got a mine perk. Which is somewhat useful I guess. 20181231_160602.gif

Conclusion: Yup, I'm done grinding from now on. Because the odds are never In your favour. Hope the rewards system is better in the coming update.

9. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Unpopular opinion puffin needs to vote yes.

10. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

3C467AC8-267E-4E30-AD8D-C00EF21F4D64.jpeg
    That’s the question & full response.
    Zeus says “perks should indeed feel legendary, same as items.” That statement I can agree with. However, the irony of the reply is this; “...rolling any progress would make them trivial to come by....” :confused:!? That is EXACTLY how we earn our legendary items through achievements, by rolling our progress towards 10 mil.
    I don’t know why it’s such a big deal to just allow us to roll progress to 900 coins, and cap it there. It’s still gonna take me 3+ events to earn ONE legendary perk. You know what? I’m fine with that, at least I’m working towards an ACHIEVABLE goal.
    As it stands now, I’ve abandoned ranked gameplay. I play events just to complete personal/guild quests & weapon achievements, not because I enjoy the game modes (or lack there of).
    Regarding the upcoming update....I’d love to say I have high hopes, but I’m keeping both feet firmly planted on the ground. Seeing is believing after all, and I’ll wait till I can see for myself.

11. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

You have valid point here. I didn't got single leg perk since new system. Not because i can't manage the time but because gaming that long is no fun. I rather play few games in them pull some amazing stunts and have fun. Grinding=No fun

12. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

I'm not trying to get personal, that's not my goal nor am I trying to attack anybody. I just want the best for this game and improvements that make the game better and make players happy and growth for the game so it survives for years to come. I'm sorry if it came off as an attack.

Agile Vanguard and Aether_Zero like this.
  13. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Legendary perks should feel legendary? It’s just a perk and there’s a 1/8 chances to go with it. An item will eventually be completed but perk can always be created with different attributes. Some legendary perks are truly legendary useless. What does adding extra projectile speed do to a napalm? Sacrificing sniper crit % for fire and something else the sniper doesn’t need? When you make a legendary perk, you should make it feels legendary too. Zeus should look into his own statement.

14. envylife

That sums it up. And why did grinding for perks in a small timeframe become the game's main goal? Let's not get into the fact that it takes 3000 coins to get an Epic perk. In that, Epic perks are actually 3X tougher to get!

I was contemplating if offering actual items in place of Legendary Perks would be actual incentive to grind. Most high level players have entire inventories filled with unbuilt items because they can't build them... so the real governor in the game isn't the mystical availability of perks, or even items, it's acquiring parts and cells and sugar. I'd lean toward items as a more reasonable achievement that wouldn't harm the balance of the game.

15. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

What Zeus said was called selective wording. A legendary perk is a perk. He focused on the adjective instead of a noun. A legendary POS is still a POS. Asking players to grind 10+ hours for 2 days for more than 50% POS is stupid. No amount of words can twisted that fact.

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  16. WHAT THE @$#%

WHAT THE @$#% New Member

It has nothing to do with wanting a legendary perk to feel special and everything to do with the fact that they want it to be brought and not earned .

17. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Nahh just chilling..

18. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

I still think xArrogance's suggestion to just raise the droprate for Epic perks is the best/simplest solution. Rovio can keep leg perks "feeling legendary" but people would still have access to Epic perks that are almost as good, instead of them being locked away behind a 2% chance to drop from a coin crate.

19. envylife

Not enough, but it's something. Considering that Epics require an average of 3000 coins (in 2 days), what change would you recommend?

Let's say 400 coins for an average chance at an Epic. That would either mean we need a 15% chance at an Epic, or have the perk box cost 4 coins. Obviously Rovio won't do the latter, but the former isn't out of line. Drop that to 10% and that 600 coins is a stretch for me most events, so I don't think that's good enough.

The better option is this: Lower the coin/odds requirement achieve an RNG perk (both Epic and Legendary), but increase the RNG, so that even if you earn a perk odds are it won't be one you can use... and what I mean by that is just increase the number of perks you may get... maybe increase from 8 to 16 or 24. Remember that only one of these event perks can be loaded on an item at a time, so having a second doesn't make you OP, it means you're scrapping for gold or need to build a second item to hold it. That is a win for Rovio, incentivizing players to build duplicate items. It's also a win for the Player, because event perks become achievable, events are meaningful again, and it becomes an extra source much needed gold to upgrade one of 50 levels on a half dozen boats.

Ovidmikel and Cavy like this.
  20. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

Who are the jokers voting yes?