1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you still grind for Legendary Event Perks?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ultrah, 31 Dec 2018.

?

Do you still grind for Legendary Event Perks?

1. Yes!

2. Nope!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

I’m curious to know if anyone still goes to events to grind 10+ hours for a randomly selected Legandary Perk.

We’ve all seen the numbers and we all know how likely it is to get even an Epic Perk out from these events.

If you still grind for a random leggy perk, let us know why. I’d like to see a reason. :)

2. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I’d like too! There are a few perks I’m desperate for
    But it’s just not worth my time anymore
    I wouldn’t mind the grind, if i was guaranteed something I want, or if we still had the choice of item pieces
    But I’ve got better shit to do then waste my time for disappointment lol
    like sitting around scratching my ass

3. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Still more satisfying than getting a random legendary perk.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yup... there would be a little more incentive to play 5 hours/day if you got the perk you wanted, but a 1/8th chance of getting what you want? Events are for suckers. :D

5. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

Im just mastering my weapons...

6. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    No , i feel like its not Worth . first time when i grinded for legendary was mainly for standard cannon perk but i got flare gun perk . then during grenade event i finished 900 coin and that time i got standard cannon perk . its very random and i only gon one rare perk from event coins mostly its uncommon perk never received epic perk so they need to update it in good way . right now its not worth . but i got lots of pieces for ships . also gold and sugar , events are good for guild quests .

HappyUnicorn789 and Hellcat_17 like this.
  7. RealChampion

RealChampion Member

Nope, definitely it is simply silly to go and grind for hours and hours only to get specifically that perk which is incompatible to your arsenal...
    Yes you got it. I am done with the grinding for legendary perk long time ago people.

8. Elyport

Elyport Member

Many of my friends in the game regularly grind them, I don't know how tough it is. I do not have a single legendary perk since they sadistically stopped coins rolling over(maybe 1, i don't really remember). I earn like 300-400 coins max with 99% "chance" of getting 100 ship pieces :rolleyes:. Only a couple of times that i can remember getting the jackpot aka 5000 ship pieces. With my luck, it doesn't make sense to grind those coins with random chances of getting anything stupid, be it the perk or ship pieces of not my choice.

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  9. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Nope. I only play events now to rack up weapon achievement damage stats tbh. Really hoping 4.2 update brings something new to the table, otherwise I'll not be sticking around much longer. Constant events have made ranked matches almost meaningless now, I haven't pushed for infamy in months

10. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

The main reason I'm playing events is that tdm is way better to farm damage for guild quests and weapon achievements. As a shooter main it's an easy decision to make.

However, I couldn't care less about the "rewards". I use coins for ship pieces - have used since the perk cost was increased and epic chance made to 2 %. Still, my interceptor is currently lvl 20 and reaper is lvl 1 so it's not like I'm very excited about that. I'm years away from having them at usable levels at this speed.

But even then the minimal ship piece rewards still help me more than uncommon or rare perks I will never use. The closest I've ever get to legendary perk was this railgun event when I happened to have full weekend off from work. I've managed to get like 360 coins so far so I'm not even half way done for legendary. There's just no way I'm ever going to get one of those perks without paying.

Ultrah likes this.
  11. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

Progression is super slow. Don't have the time to grind for legendary perks. When I have hit the grind in one of these recent events and got my legendary perk there was no feeling of satisfaction.

I'm actually only still putting in the time to get back into nightmare league since I dropped out a few seasons back. Cos once you're in nightmare league you can just play event to complete quests and get good rewards at the end of the season.

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Nope, I haven’t obtained a Legendary Perk since the rewards were changed, in fact, I’ve barely had any event perks at all (even Uncommon/Rares).

Frankly, it’s difficult to articulate the full extent of the disgust and disdain I feel towards the current reward system, without breaking a number of forum rules.

If it weren’t for quests, I wouldn’t waste my time on events at all.

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Luckily for you, the votes speak for themselves. Not even the TROLLS are voting yes.

14. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I don't because I have a lot of work to do, otherwise I would do it for sure, not because of a legendary perk, but just to play.

Riddlerpaji and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    i only play events for ship pieces and guild quests.after the new events,i only managed to get the legendary perk once

Greatgambler440 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

i never did

AntiHero likes this.
  17. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Why don't the developers listen when we say we would be more likely to grind if the perk was some perk we could choose from the given pool of legendary perks for that event?

RealChampion and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Since the change I've forsaken event perks. I just complete my quests and just enough to round the coins off for a parts box and leave it at that.

I believe Zeus said that legendary event perks should feel like a genuine accomplishment when you've achieved it and it should feel like it does when you get a legendary item. I'd be on board with that if it wasn't for how polar opposite the requirements are for acquiring them.

In your achievements, you need to get 10m in damage to be given a guaranteed legendary. It's a lot of effort but what's great is that you know exactly which one you're going to get at the end of it. That's an accomplishment worth working towards and it suites everyone.

Perks however require you to spend circa 12 hours of grinding event matches within a tiny window for a 1 in 8 chance to get something that you want. If you get enough for the crate, you have an 87.5% chance to get something that you didn't want. If you didn't reach it, then the game erases your hours worth of effort for you to start again. Imagine if the achievements system was designed the same. 1 month to grind 10m healing / damage or lose your progression for the legendary. The player base would go nuts.

You also don't get given a window to buy coins anymore after the event has ended. That puts a lot of undue pressure on players to make a premature decision of do I spend my money now for a bleak chance of a perk or risk sacrificing all of the effort. Gambling really.

Players have asked historically about extending the achievement milestones for duplicate legendary weapons. Rovio weren't on board with that. I don't think they would be on board with this either but surely there could be consideration to have perk milestones. Every 2m damage / healing thereafter grants a legendary perk of your choosing. If Rovio wants perks to feel the same as legendaries, give us this.

19. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Damm.... (Tears in eyes) Such Unity, not a single yes vote.

20. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I can change my vote if you want:p.