1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Update 4.2 sneak peak!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 21 Dec 2018.

1. La perla rossa

La perla rossa Member

yes, which is great

2. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Well, they warned us, no one listened A025FA80-FC67-460A-8121-4F83430FCFB2.jpeg

3. La perla rossa

La perla rossa Member

4. La perla rossa

La perla rossa Member

I agree with you, the players or they look like kamikaze or they go around in circles like ... you know it, but I love this game too much I will endure the Deathmatch

Ekans_Hissy and Sidd gamer like this.
  5. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Speeders in TDM be like:
    D44CAF30-14B7-4B4D-B1EC-154911B9731E.jpeg

Info: @TheAntiSnipe called this a good setup, the only reason why I dare to share this xD ;).
    This was my worst performance of all the double bubble speeder eventmatches I played today:D

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Nuuuuuu I was joking because I thought you knewwwwwww!

7. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Instead of taking 2 Carronade,u could have taken two deadly mines with you:D:D.

All the time,"SPAM ! SHIELD ! SPAM ! SHIELD ! SPAM ! SPAM ! SHIELD AGAIN":eek::p

Nice profile pic, btw;):)

8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who does not like Deathmatch? If that will be ranked forever and no normal mode, then I won't be coming back when I physically can.

That respawning made the game so dull, because people were running around like lemmings towards their death, because they respawn anyway.

I think this will cost a lot of players and the only reason Deathmatch was so popular was the rewards and the ship pieces, not because it was such fun.

And fleeting is great, but not when it is mandatory at all. Assume you want to play some battles and there is nobody online of your friends, at least nobody with whom you work well with. So, then pick someone else? Do you know how many people broke the fleet after 2 losses? That will happen now too.

Sadly it is again a lot of the same, hardly any of the ideas of the community are being taken over and again ZERO communication 'what do you think of our new ideas'. Same as all the previous update, we are in charge and 'like it or leave it'. And fixing bugs?

Last edited: 30 Dec 2018
    Su-57, GSMester, Nikkie! and 3 others like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Hold on a sec, did you see this video?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

alright

frisco stops playing battle bay and rather watches battle tv to learn from the NML, haha

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Yes, I have seen it. Does not look that enticing. Using two ships? No thank you...

I liked ranked the way it was. Of course fleeting with your entire teams is cool, but deathmatch is the one event I hardly played. I just don't like it one bit.

And casual? What is the fun of playing a game and not having a score? That is why I never was a fan of the events. And I am 100% sure it wears of with new players as well too quickly. That is the same with playing football and your goals do not count, nor if you won or not. Gets boring after a short while.

Lately I removed 30 people of long term players with one of my accounts again who stopped playing, about another 20 will follow. That is just sad!

Last edited: 3 Jan 2019
    TheAntiSnipe and Sidd gamer like this.
  12. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I don’t think I can play ranked anymore after the update meanwhile as I don’t have a second ship. I am scared of the update. I don’t like to play TDM in ranked. It’s so chaotic and no strategy. Rovio thinks it’s so popular? I play events only because of the rewards and also as due to the broken matchmaking during event and also for guild quests as I don’t lose infamy with my smaller ships. I don’t really understand why Rovio thought tdm was so popular mode??? They seriously need to hear the voice of customer.

13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

My thought exactly, I have been saying this when they started with events. People play them mainly for the rewards and people who fear will lose Infamy.

And you are so right, deathmatch is sooooo chaotic and there is just no team work and no strategy. And respawning? Right....don't like it one bit. It is the respawning what ruined it, just like lemmings jumping of a cliff and starting over again. I have seen players die 7 or 8 times, so one bad player and you are toast.

Listening has never been their strong part, it is the single most complaint heart here on the forum and still they don't want to change, not even after YerJokinArnYer's post about what should change.

I think this is another big mistake, just like the agility update. Big chance this will even have a bigger negative impact on the game.

Why do we even bother to share ideas here?

Last edited: 3 Jan 2019
  14. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

nevertheless the intro of the vid is awesome :cool:

15. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

IS THAT A BUBBLE BOY SPEEDER?????

Now, we must duel to the death...

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

If you read Discord or the forums, you already know the answer. :)

I like TDM in general, but specifically with 5v5 TDM players lose their minds as there is no penalty for dying multiple times. TDM is much more strategic with 1v1 to 4v4... I'd like to see players/rewards rated properly in TDM... Kills > Deaths. Without that, the implementation of BB's TDM is a joke.

Terry Morgan and Sidd gamer like this.
  17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

True, but I dont get the respawning at all. When you are dead, you are dead.

Ranked should stay as it is or make two ranked modes, but not Deathmatch hardcore the one and only. Then ranked dies for sure.

I often wonder how can the devs do exact the opposite what people ask for?

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The devs believe that because most players play events that they want 5v5 TDM in ranked mode....but they are confusing causation and correlation. They forget that the reason players liked events more than ranked because the rewards were greater. With perpetual events, that started with the Interceptor release, players were trained to grind for impossible to reach rewards... events were made perpetual to give more grinding opportunities. More so, Infamy became a mess once everyone was grinding events. With long wait queues in ranked during events, and Infamy becoming a mess due to interruption from perpetual events, that was only compounded by NML Reset.

The only thing we really learned is that players like to play casually a little more than seriously.... that's really the only takeaway... the rest is manipulated behavior based not he game design. I hope that v4.2 makes permanent both casual and ranked modes, but based on ranked queues, I have my doubts the game can support both modes unless rewards are made equal.

So far Battle Bay is falling apart faster than the Devs can react to the problems they are introducing into their own game.

It's likely the problem you have with respawn is that it is inappropriate for a TDM event. Respawn is commonly used in games where the primary goal is something other than kills, for example CTF. Should Fortnite Battle Royale have respawn? It makes no sense. Brawl Stars has respawn in a Gem Grab match, but not in their Battle Royale mode. That's why Battle Bay TDM with respawn is so frustrating.

19. TheAntiSnipe

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE :eek:

20. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Naah, no worries, it’s a bubble girl speeder :p;)