1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The WWII Era French Army Plays Battle Bay

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Redneck Messiah, 29 Dec 2018.

1. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Yeah, you read that title right. The WWII era French army is playing the beautiful game of Battle Bay now. Confused? Let me help...
    The French army was famous for two things:
    1. They surrendered a lot, and
    2. They created the Maginot Line, an impenetrable, fortified defensive wall on their eastern border... that the Germans bypassed by going north and walking right by it.
    maginot.jpeg

What does any of that have to do with Battle Bay? Well, I'm enlisting in the French army. Despite being from the northeastern USA. I'm transnational, aight? Firstly, I must set up a ship according to a French army manual, like so:
    le inventory.png
    Now that I've done that, here's a rundown of certified French tactics:
    • Upon joining a game, I must immediately seek out a location that is somewhat defensible and use my mines and defense walls to make me own personal Maginot Line. This location must be chosen so that the enemy has a way to go around the wall and attack me from behind. and I cannot block the path(s) around.
    • If I am met with any enemy attacks whatsoever, I must immediately flee my wall while spamming "Negative!", so as to wave the proverbial white flag in surrender... ROVIO! ADD A WHITE FLAG AS A BLUE ITEM OR SOMETHING!
    That covers that. Here is the finest example of the military power that is 1940s France in action from my gameplays tonight: https://replay.battlebay.net/QBHDJMGN#QYQQHHCC. And yes, the above tactics are 100% certified by the French military.
    HAIL FRANCE!... Or something along those lines.

Last edited: 29 Dec 2018
  2. Redneck Messiah

Now watch my account get suspended because some French guy got offended by this

3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I'm not French, but blaim Belgium. It would really have ticked them off the have the French build an inpenetreble wall on thier border.
    Belgium be like: I tHOuGht we were FRiEndS!

4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Make a libary of your meme threads.
    French army, Blastian Paul, crew journals, foundary meatpa- I mean dining (ignore that middle part) and other funny threads.

Redneck Messiah and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. Redneck Messiah

6. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190104-092919.png
    :p

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  7. Redneck Messiah

8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    This should be in the strategy part of the forum. Or better, maybe in the announcements section so every player can adopt this playstyle. :D

Redneck Messiah and Nikkie! like this.