1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the Most Well Rounded Weapon in Battle Bay?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Redneck Messiah, 26 Dec 2018.

1. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Battle Bay has an enormous amount of variety when it comes to weapons. Tonight, one bored/heavily caffeinated Redneck Messiah will try to figure out which weapon is the objective best.
    Criteria: Damage is a factor, but also ease of use, combos with other weapons, and versatility (both in-game versatility and being able to work on a wide variety of ships). I will try me hardest to remove any element of personal bias from my end... here we go.

(disclaimer: I'm not saying all the other weapons are straight trash, many of them aren't. However, they do lack the ability to stand on their own, despite fitting neatly into a loadout with some other weapons. This is about finding the weapon that will perform the best BY ITSELF on a variety of ships and playstyles.)

This immediately rules out all mortars, because they are NOT versatile. Same goes for the Carronade and Grenade Launcher, because they are severely lacking in range, despite being powerful and pairing well with a lot of things... but this is about SINGLE WEAPONS, so get those 'nades out of there.

Next we come to the trap family, both of whom get the boot of justice. Napalm is damaging, but only really works with shooters and defenders (generally), and relies on the enemy sitting in it and/or the wielder's ability to choke with it. Same goes for ye olde mine, which, while devastating, is not enough by itself to qualify.

The torpedo family boldly steps forwards next, and the Big Torpedo and Triple Torpedo are immediately sent packing, because of a lengthy arming period that leaves them useless at close range (aka not versatile.) Also, nobody uses trip torps except on quests, let's be real. (I know how harsh some of these judgements seem, but this is a hunt for the game's single best weapon.) That leaves the Swift Torpedo standing, which may be our best candidate yet... it reloads quickly, can be used on practically any ship, can chain with frost or a weapon w/ fire boost if it has wildfire, it deals reliable damage... its only shortcoming is that it's difficult to use at close range, and can be easily dodged by a fast enough boat if they see it coming. We can probably do better, but this is a fairly solid weapon.

Railgun. Terrible close ranger, clips the waves far too often. NEXT!

The Fire Bomb. An extremely popular weapon, for obvious reasons. Its damage is fairly good, it pairs with fire damage boost perks/talents, it can work at many ranges... however, it can't deal direct damage, and is susceptible to Cleanse Pulses. Repair Pulses and Duct tapes can generally out-DPS it, not to mention that it's fairly easy to dodge if you see it coming. (or if the guy using it can't lead his shots XD). It is also inconsistent due to variable duration and damage.

Flare Gun. Here we see a fairly good weapon... burning, heal block, guaranteed high duration, chains extremely well with any member of the Cannon family... BUT it suffers from a slow projectile, as well as the green/teal woes of the Fire Bomb. Sorry man, my Speedforcer and I love you... but SCRAM.

That brings us to the Missile Launcher. This is certainly versatile... effective at close/long ranges. Sadly, it is hampered by a finicky spread, and it only suits a certain few ships. Like its cousins the mortars, it also has trouble coping with fast boats.

One last funny weapon... the Gatling gun. This thing does, actually, have some benefits... mainly the ease of hitting someone. However, you MUST be extremely accurate, as literally everything will shrug off a few Gatling shots. It also zooms in at a funny angle during sustained fire, which can throw one off. Surprised this feller didn't get the boot of justice earlier. Say hello to Gear Lube and Rudder for me, dude.

A few of you probably saw this coming, but point damage weapons (the Cannon family) come out on top for well rounded-ness. But who is the true king among kings? Scratch the Cannon at once... While it has a phenomenal reload time, above average range, and is a great support weapon for many boats, its damage output is somewhat lackluster compared to its siblings. Next is the Explosive Cannon, which has the opposite problem... it is plagued by lengthy reloads and a slow projectile, although it does work for nearly all ships, and chains superbly with fire weapons and other Cannons. The Sniper Cannon is next... One of the most widely used weapons in the Bay, and it pairs very well with basically any ship and many items. This nearly made it... While its reload time is average, and its range, speed, and crit power are unrivaled, it cannot hold its own in a brawl, and that is what holds it back. That brings us to the Blast Cannon.

The Blast Cannon is, quite honestly, the single best weapon in the game. It deals out reliable damage, reloads at a nice pace, is effective in brawls or ranged combat, and pairs perfectly with fire weapons for a damage boost, another Blast Cannon or Explosive Cannon for burst damage, Grenades or Carronades for brawling... I could go on. It works with literally any boat. It's a primary weapon for Speeders, Enforcers, Interceptors, and Guardians, a decent defensive measure for Fixers, a solid burst choice for Reapers, and a support weapon to some two-pointers or mortar/torp types on a Shooter or Defender.

That's how the Bay's single best weapon came out the way I ran it through... let me know what you all think is the best weapon the Bay has to offer!

2. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I would definitely say that grenade is the best allround weapon right now. It has good damage and it crits almost every single shot, it has a range of about 23 now with the new perks and it gives cannons bonus fire damage .

The epic lvl 50 does about 3500 damage alone and to combo up with cannon is a bit too much for a single slot item. Even a splash damage does around 1000 with burn.

The recent update really made this weapon a bit too strong and I think it requires some sort of nerf. I would suggest it to have a lesser crit than what it has now. I don't want to see grenade use a combo weapon. I want it to be treated as an individual weapon. If not, make it a 2 slot item.

Nikkie!, Ultrah, Sidd gamer and 5 others like this.
  3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Don’t dare nerf my nades!

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    My top 3:
    1. Blast cannon.
    2. Genade launcher.
    3. Swift torpedo.

Special mention: Missile Launcher.

5. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    My top 13

Something not Gatling Gun
    Something, not Gatling Gun
    Something. Not Gatling Gun
    Something not gatling Gun
    Something, not gatling Gun
    Something. Not gatling Gun
    Something not Gatling gun
    Something, not Gatling gun
    Something. Not Gatling gun
    Something not gatling gun
    Something, not gatling gun
    Something. Not gatling gun
    A weapon that isn’t worth being mentionedGatling Gun

Naah, for me, gatling gun is my only legendary weapon... From combining (that moment I got the Gatling Gun, I was sure I should have to work for my legendaries...) so yay not. But one battle in a event I destroyed around 3/4 ships with it, so :eek: I was suprised hahaha (even more because I was in my shooter:))

But weapons I use sometimes:
    1. Fire bomb
    2. Swift torpedo
    3. Sniper
    4. Carronade
    5. Fleetmates

6. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

grenade is the best, hopefully i will get mine someday

Nikkie! and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  7. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

There is no such weapon with the name "Fleetmates"o_Oo_O:D

@Nikkie! ,when using his Fleetmates as a weapon:
    tenor.gif
    tumblr_mqzy8xURQ11s7rhw6o1_400.gif
    :cool::cool::p

8. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well-used gif :D
    Hell yeah, bro!

The RANGING capability on the weapon allows me to use it stably on my shooter. I literally pack two of them on my it lol :D

https://replay.battlebay.net/GSBZFSHX#SHRNBCQR
    Check this out(shooter noob, to more experienced shooter mains, pls comment on any improvements), I used both nade and blast to their full potential.

10. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    AE18ECE2-49B3-4C0E-AE56-89696A7E1F10.png
    I have T5E Grenade, and it doesn’t do 3500 damage for sure, so how is it that yours does?

Attached Files:

11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Nice in-game name :D
    Maybe you don't have training maxed out for it? Also, are you counting crit dmg?

12. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I’ve got a lvl 50 grenade and only need to train the last two skills, with crit on a full damage hit it does around 2500
    I’d love if it did 3500 but don’t see it gaining 1000 more damage from two skills and an event perk I still need?
    Math in my head put it around 3000 tho when maxed?

Last edited: 27 Dec 2018
    Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. JungleMist

JungleMist New Member

Theres 2 legendary event perks which give grenades an extra 20% damage making epic max at 1700. Imo shouldnt mean it deserves a nerf...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Damn I need them perks

15. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah. Saying that nades deserve a nerf based on their event perks is like saying railgun deserves a nerf because of the stun mechanic :D

Nikkie! and Redneck Messiah like this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

I don't understand how event perks are allowed as a reason for balance.
    Screenshot_2018-12-27-06-52-37-776_com.rovio.battlebay.png This is my lv10 legendary grenade. I haven't been able to farm a single event perk for it. It has an egfective range of 18 units, and crits at about 2.5k damage. Crit chance is 76%. Unless I score four more epic grenades or one more legendary nade, it's going to stay that way.
    Nerfing the nade based off of the top end of all players WITH the top end of all grinders as well is not a good first step when it comes to nerfing any weapon.
    "Or else make it a 2-slot"? They're a headache to aim, they cannot break a comparable TS, they're the only burst-combo weapon with AoE in the game that hasn't been nerfed to oblivion. If they "nerf" it by making it a two slot, they better give it more damage ;)

Nikkie!, Cavy and Redneck Messiah like this.
  17. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

NUUUU! WE SPEEDFORCERS NEED GRENADES TO LIVE!

18. TheAntiSnipe

You'll be surprised at what double blast nade can do on a speedforcer. The sheer speed allows you to shun arc-type weapons completely :)

19. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I feel your pain I have no event perks for grenade either :( I’ve farmed so many events and gained so many leggy event perks I’ve lost count lol I’ve kept 3 I think?
    I’ve had doubles of nearly every leggy perk that’s useless to me and my single greatest prize still eludes me

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

E4D3E4F3-3590-4EB2-B61E-960D0F4869F2.png B1206F0E-CF44-464A-BF04-36D11EB79578.png Still love em tho