1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

OK listen up you idiot sub-1000 infamy Shooters...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Saobento, 20 Dec 2018.

Tags:
  1. Saobento

Saobento New Member

OK I welcome back Redneck Messiah into the conversation, very well put my friend. Please post that guide here for the betterment of us all.

2. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Last edited: 21 Dec 2018
  3. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Interceptor mains > speedforcers :p

TheAntiSnipe and Redneck Messiah like this.
  4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Plenty of idiots around the 2k-3k range too

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

1. Stop abusing people, we get it, the post is going offtopic, but it did that in a perfectly natural fashion.
    2. You're a fixer, right? I feel your pain. Back in the day, I made 1.5k in a mk3 fixer. Teammates going rambo is always bad, but it pays to know who is going Rambo and who is actually calling a game-changing move.

Let me tell you a story of back when I was a Master 3. Take note, this is when I was learning speeder and did not know what ship I'd choose in the long run. There's this shooter mk3 on our squad, he looks weak, like one high tier crit would kill him. I'm the noob here, mk3 fixer with pretty average gear and only enough sense to find the strongest player and follow them. I learned a hard lesson that day.
    We were on Crude Awakenings, and this dude chooses the plane chassis(remind you of someone? Like maybe a Rambo teammate?) and follows through to the enemy spawn. Being the "experienced" fixer that I am, I choose to help our other three shooters(one of whom is a mk5 btw). This dude flanks the enemy team and totally holds down their fixer with hyper-accurate sniper and railgun fire from afar. When he does go low HP, he calls me in. I'm healing the mk5 who seems to be spamming. My three shooters, despite my commands, are shooting their defender who is backed by their fixer. Talk about useless. I leave them and approach the tunnel, firing off a bolt as I do.

My teammates are dying, and I'm healing this skinny mk3. He kills the fixer, the defender and calls shots on the last surviving shooter, bringing him down as well. We win, and I see that he did 12k damage in that engagement with t3 uncommons and t3 rares. The mk5? Lowest damage, like, 3-4k

That fight taught me to never underestimate a player who decides to go lonewolf. Sure, some of them are stupid. But there's quite a few who ARE capable of slaying entire teams given the right support. So, as a fixer talking to a fixer, I'll tell you this: To succeed as a healer in this game, you need to have near-precognitive abilities when it comes to identifying skilled players and suiciders.

Anti out.

Nikkie! and Agile Vanguard like this.
  6. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

TAKE THIS AS A GOSPHEL.!!!!! WELL SAID ANTI.
    And "FRIEND " every shooter you come across that plays like this... Guarantee you if your a good fixer he will welcome you with open arms . FLEET FLEET FLEET . with these shooters and guard and heal them at all cost and heal others if you can but like top gun said NEVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN .That shiny red shooter is a fixers best WEAPON PERIOD . there's a saying I learned growing up in pipe fitting and welding construction jobs that is true for all ... LEAD. FOLLOW .. OR GET THE FACK OUT THE WAY ... FLEEET FLEEEET FLLEEEETTT MY FRIEND.!!!!

Last edited: 22 Dec 2018
    Agile Vanguard and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Ayy, another Top Gun fan! That movie is a CLASSIC.

Nikkie! and Ovidmikel like this.
  8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    There's probaly a couple of shooters who ruin the name for everyone. I'm around your level too so I understand the stupidly (of some) shooters but when you get to Anti's level, pretty much everyone plays together and listens to commands.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Oh, you wish:rolleyes:

They're supposed to, sure. But there's the issue of seniority. Now, when I'm with a high-tier NML who DOESN'T command, hardly anyone will listen to lil ole me :D

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree with the OP... but I also hate to see this thread dive into blame of particular boat classes... the reality is there are good players (10%) and not so good players (90%) so to correlate actions to a single boat is a fallacy. I can bring up countless replays of crappy boat play by all classes... which is why it's a breath of fresh air to play with any individual who really understands how to play their boat. I have Fixer, Speeder, Enforcer, Defender friends that are good with their boat.

A while back ago I posted quite a bit on the forums on my experience trying to transition from Shooter to Enforcer, and I came to the conclusion that Shooter is a key team anchor... as much, if not more value, than any other class IMO, of course, and I realized that only after not playing Shooter. Specifically I was not happy with my Shooter teammates not doing their job, so I wanted to fix that the best way I knew how... going back to Shooter.

With endlesss No-Life Events, Shooter use has risen because damage rewards favor Shooter in TDM events which seem to be the recurring event type. I'm very much against what Rovio has been doing with the game lately, that example just being one of the side effects of game management not thought out terribly well.

TheAntiSnipe and Agile Vanguard like this.
  11. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

Ok I'll admit my previous post was probably misplaced but I highly doubt if that gives you @Saobento any right to tell me to "F***K off" ( you spelt it wrong btw).

"Please" would be nice next time, just remember that there are children like you on the forum as well.

Anyways, thread=> back on topic.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

in NML shooters are alot better, at least they have a decent strategy to back them up. That's whining, blaming, calling to nerf every other boats but themself. Shooter is the only boat with 12 slot points, decent HP decent speed and every update they call for a buff. WHAT?

I know there are lots of good shooters out there but the number is getting smaller everytimes. Interceptor imo is the new best rounded boat, even better than Enforcer.

13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I don't ruin games because I play shooter. I play shooter because I want to ruin your games. It's all part of my master plan and I've told all my disciples to keep hustling legendary pieces at 4001 while making it unbearably difficult for you guys to progress any further.

We are 18000 strong at this point and growing larger by day as more and more defender players join our cause.

MUAHAHAHA!!! BITE ME.

Also, Fixer needs a massive hp nerf for all those op duct tapes they been carrying lately. Speeder deserves -1 blue point. Nerf double bubble, delete defender, speed nerf for reaper, HP nerf for guardian and bring back shooter defence.

-- Your friendly Shooter

Last edited: 26 Dec 2018
    TheAntiSnipe and Nikkie! like this.