1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about the So called Holiday gift.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mad_Bulls_007, 24 Dec 2018.

?

Rate the Holiday gift out of 5

1. 1 - Worst gift ever

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. 2 - it was ok

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. 3 - It could have been better but, I'm happy

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 4 - loved it

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. 5 - Best gift ever

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

I evolved to L20 and I get no jingling sound and no hit points. Apparently the developers removed support for Jingle Bells.

2. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Maybe because of the defence points of ship. If the defence is more than 20 than you won't get any damage with jingle bells. I have no idea about the sound. It should be working fine.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

As an old bb player I wasn’t disappointed, my expectations where really low anyway. I gotta admit I was very impressed by the new boats and events, but somehow they always end up doing something that make us feel like players are not the most important thing. They don’t treat us that good honestly.

Im still hoping T5 jingle bells do something, something that I won’t have because I scrapped all my jingle bells cos they are useless. And when we all know that the jingle bells are the ultimate weapon I’ll probably blame Rovio for not having told us in the first place xD.

And about the deal. I was tempted to buy it cos it was really good in comparison to what deals normally are... but I thought “nah tomorrow’s one will be better”. AND THERE WASNT ANOTHER DEAL!! I mean, Santa Claus comes in the night of the 24-25 and you get your presents the 25... NOT THE 24!

For real, I looked in google and in Finland they do have Sanat Claus, which they call Joulupukki (weird) and it comes the same on the same dates! I hope we get something for New Years...

Sidd gamer and Nikkie! like this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Hey, the Xmas gift is far... FAR greater than anything they've given outside of the Xmas Gift. Most of the problem is that players need more because it does zero for progression. Those epic parts? It's just one of 4 currencies used to evolve epics just 2 levels... 500 Pearls? 8 more of them for an Epic container, which is 99% scrap anyhow. It's not that the Gift was bad, it's that nothing in the game gives tangible progression. Which is why this is a great description of the state of Battle Bay:

When things are just too hard, why bother. I've seen the passion of my guildmates deteriorate substantially these past couple of months... not to mention we lost our former long-time guild leader, one of the most devoted players in the game. It's because most of us have reverted our Infamy, and thus our core battle rewards, because NML reset has effectively moved the Infamy range from 1-6000 to 1-4000 without adjusting the leagues themselves. Similarly to The Guardian.. a new boat requiring boatloads of gold, cells, parts, sugar and months of time to use... and ultimately all it's really doing is interfering (slowing) with the already difficult progression system.

Players are beaten down, can't even see the end goal any longer, so the LONG wait queues are evidence to that fact.... and Rovio's response is:

crickets

Ovidmikel likes this.
  5. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I’m pretty greatfull :) cheers rovio!
    They didn’t have to give us anything!
    Some people are sounding like spoiled brats
    If I was to pay for pearls to buy a premium chest, 270 epic parts and have 500 pearls left over, that would cost 15-20 bucks Aus
    That’s a pretty good gift from someone I’ve never met

Last edited: 27 Dec 2018
  6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

You know that for $20, all you’re doing is 2 upgrades for a tier 5 epic item? You think that is right? Everyone pay $20 for 2 T5 epic upgrades?

Ovidmikel, envylife and Sidd gamer like this.